Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

United fan base

Yes
95%
No
5%

Total votes : 62

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:11 pm

Looking around various forums and listening to phones on LFC and listening to pundits - is it a fair statement to say that after all the splits during the Rafa years and Hodgson years we as fans now seem unified a bit more since the appointment .

Everyone seems exciting if a little apprehensive about the appointment of Kenny and everyone now seems right behind the manager .

Am i thinking wrong ?

Does this show us the power of one man ?

Kenny was always thought off as prob our best ever player and a great manager but to unite the fans like he seems to have done ranks his influence alongside both Shanks and Sir Bob .

Now to elevate him further it would just be to have a tiny bit of success and then to carry on the job long time .

Is everyone glad to have him back ?

Yes or No
Benny The Noon

Postby metalhead » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:14 pm

Absolutely 100% glad to have him back.

He is a massive lift to everyone in the club and for the fans he is a fantastic person.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:15 pm

Of course everyones glad to have him back, ask the question again in 3 or 4 games though.

For now though, for the first time in a LONG time we have a manager we can all believe in, and everyone is a lot happier for it
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:25 pm

All of the talk and words used so far is all good to hear, don't get me wrong I'm absolutely chuffed with how things are going and the direction its all heading. We have a manager that we can trust to put his heart and soul into this football club. If one mans going to get the lads playing togather and with confidence its Kenny

Though til that's translated onto the pitch I have my reservations, that's all
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:26 pm

I voted yes.  But Benny is still a WUM :p
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:46 pm

Oh and if you vote can you please state why, as will be interesting to see why people aren't happy with his appointment .
Benny The Noon

Postby zarababe » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:57 pm

why am I chuffed Kenny is in charge - cos:
-  he is a legend of THIS CLUB,
-  he has contributed to its history and knows much about carrying the burden of the tradition
-  he has been at the club in these difficult times and knows what is needed
-  rafa brought him bak so he could lead the club in his absence (master stroke rafa) :D
-  he is surrounding himself with the right men to help us improve
-  these players are not all that bad, in fact with the right leadership, tactics and self confidence there will be much improvement
-  HE IS RESPECTED .. and the we all lurve him ...

DALGLISH ... DAGLISH ... DALGLISH !
Last edited by zarababe on Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:00 pm

I worry that kenny isnt upto it tactically but may be too proud to accept he may not be the right long term manager, then there'll be trouble like never before amongst the fan base. However you never know, he may have become tactically astute since his last appointment. I'll vote yes with my reservations.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:08 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Oh and if you vote can you please state why, as will be interesting to see why people aren't happy with his appointment .

I voted yes because the man just has confidence and class oozing out of his pores.  He demands instant respect from the squad and the squad knows he will have their backs.

KK came out and defended our most brainless player, he didn't have to do it.  Think for one second like Ryan Babel (Possibly sticking your head in a sink of ice may help achieve this), Kenny has stuck up for him when it wasn't even necessary.  Just maybe it'll get a few ounces more effort from Babel because he might feel he needs to now play hard for a man who defended him.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:16 pm

The man is just right , perfect and i hope he does stay longer,

Also if any player is not lifted and dosent try under this man then the player should not be here and i dont care who it it,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:24 pm

I voted yes.  I'm thrilled he's at the helm and thrilled to see a (more or less) united fan base once more.  Liverpool fans are buzzing again and you can't underestimate the tonic that provides.  A returning legend always has an aura of great theatre to it and this goes double when it happens during a time of uncertainty and doubt.  I was one who was thrilled to see Robbie return to the fold a few years back and there was a slightly more muted but similar mood, IMO.  It gave the supporters a shot in the arm and it led to a good string of results on the pitch too.  Hopefully Kenny's return will spark an even more robust turn around.

With all that said, I do think that there is a danger of a redivided fan base in the future: between those that would want Kenny to stay on long term and those who might wish to see him replaced by the proverbial 'young and hungry' up and coming manager in the summer.  There will come a day in the not too distant future when the club has to decide whether to stick or twist on the manager question but, thankfully, we're not there yet and nor, IMO, do we need to go there yet.  Kenny's made it clear that he's been brought in as an interim manager until the summer so we can save the discussions over whether that plan should be revisited for the future.  For now, I prefer to bask in the euphoria generated by his return and hope to see a commensurate up-turn in results to further bolster the King's legendary status.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:47 pm

absolutely made up and every time i see him on the tv makes me get proper excited again.
His comments so far to the press have been funny but still assured and honest as well.
Who knows how it will go but the one thing is for sure, it sure feels better being a liverpool fan today than it did last week.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:47 pm

I voted yes , because it's the King and he's one of us . You only have to hear his interviews since he's been back . Positivity all the way , not one negative comment . If anyone had doubts about rafa getting us (which is fair enough ) , this fella well and trully gets us . He's one of us and he will do everything in his power to make us great again , it's that simple.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:18 pm

So far it seems we have one silent no - either genuine or something just having a laugh
Benny The Noon

Postby Greavesie » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:21 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:So far it seems we have one silent no - either genuine or something just having a laugh

let's assuume it's genuine...

GET THE TORCHES AND START THE WITCH HUNT FOR THIS W@NKER!!!!

:D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion