Ew season expectations - What do you require

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby neil » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:36 am

Ok bods,its nearly here,the new season.What do we expect/desire/require ? Personally I expect to see the European Champions to play with a new vigour,no longer the victims of the panic stricken relagation threatened clubs,but a vibrant confident filled team fully aware of their capabilities.Assured,resolute,a team sat at the summit of European football.
Now to put right our domestic issues....move over Chelsea...we're back !
YNWA
:buttrock
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:52 am

I think this post has been done before, once or twice but oh well. I hope that we perform in the premier league. I would not mind seeing us get knocked out of the FA Cup, League Cup and European Cup early on if it meant us pushing for the title and in contention on the final day of the season. I just want to see Gerrard and friends complete their medal collection :D

What I predict however is that we will finish top 3 but still double figure points behind Chelsea, we will make latter stages of one domestic cup, maybe even win one and with any luck reach the knock out stages of the European Cup....that's be OK for me.....I just want to see Premiership consistancy and a smaller gap to the top.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:02 am

RedorDead wrote:I think this post has been done before, once or twice but oh well.

It has not,I'm not interested in"I reckon they will come 1st,we'll win this or that and finish here etc" I'm looking at style and attitude,belief and hope.Do we sit back away or go for the kill,settle for 2-0 or try for 6,that kind of thing.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:24 am

I won't be happy to finish 3rd in the prem, get knocked out of CL at last 16, lose in the FA cup 3rd-5th round and lose the CC. Fack that. I would hope for at least 2 trophies. We are the Champions of Europe for crying out loud. We should EXPECT to win things.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:39 am

Present objective should be consolidation of 4th in the Premiership and as far as possible in the Champions League.

CL qualification every year is the priority as is building a side capable of challenging for the Premiership title.

Manhattan couldn't give a sh*t about the CC and FA Cup.
Last edited by The Manhattan Project on Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:44 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Present objective should be consolidation of 4th in the Premiership and as far as possible in the Champions League.

CL qualification every year is the priority as is building a side capable of challenging for the Premiership title.

Why do you always refer to yourself in the third person??

:D
76-1115222408

Postby Feeney » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:52 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Present objective should be consolidation of 4th in the Premiership and as far as possible in the Champions League.

A few people are talking about 4th - I reckon we'll get 3rd above  :unclesam: They are going downtown now, it's the end of that era!

I'd love to win the FA Cup again - it feels like it's been funking ages since we last did. I've mention before, I'm more interested in seeing progress within the team for next season and seeing us improve our horrendous away form...  :sniffle

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Houllier=LFC » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:10 am

Premiership title, or Euro champ again.  :eyebrow
Houllier=LFC

Postby Espionage » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:15 am

i just wanna see some games, i havnt been able to watch any games yet (as in australia we dont get :censored:). EPL season means a live triple header every saturday night!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:12 am

My expectations:
- Anything above 3rd in the league
- Advancement to at least semi finals or finals for preferably FA Cup, if not Carling Cup.
- Advancement to at least the quarter finals of Champions League (and if dropped to the UEFA Cup, it would be a must win)
- Win either the Super Cup or World Club Champs
- Have a striker that scores 15+ Premiership goals
- Lose less then 8 times
- No more injuries
- Double wins over the Scum and Bitters

In an ideal world:
- Premiership Champions
- FA Cup Champs
- Carling Cup Champs
- European Champions
- Super Cup Champs
- World Club Champs

Here's hoping.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:20 am

I'm hoping for at least a comfortable 4th place finish . To break into the top three is going to require massive effort and improvement from our lad's .

With the excitement of our fantastic champions league final victory I took little notice of our stats in the  end of season table, but looking at them again and comparing them with the top three reminds me what a shi'te season we had in the league .

.                 W       D        L        GF      GA      PTS
Chelsea        29      8        1        72       15       95
Arsenal         25      8        5        87       36       83
Man  U         22      11       5        57       26       77

Liverpool       17      7       14        52       41       58

:(
Those are the cold hard facts and pretty sobering they are too . The only area in which we got anywhere near the third placed club was in goals scored and we managed to concede just five more than Arsenal but in the areas that really matter i.e. games W. D, L and points collected we may as well have been playing in a different league.
I'm sure we will have a more productive season this time around but I won't get carried away with unrealistic expectation. I'll continue to sing and cheer our lads on ,Rafa conjured up a miracle when he led us to victory in Istanbul and showed us nothing is impossible ,but he'll need to produce another miracle of perhaps even greater proportion if we are to break into the top three THIS season.

:)

Almost forgot ,expect to see us in at least the semi's of the CL,I think Rafa and the lads have got europe sussed . 
Last edited by woof woof ! on Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:57 am

What do I need? I need to see a team that is versetile, fit, fast and sharp. I need a squad that is deep, strong, flexible and competant. I need to hear the Kop singing again, and again, and again. I need to see a team that is fantastic in Red, and at least very good in White. I need to be getting merrily drunk, rather than drowning my sorrows.

What do I desire? The Quintuple of Trophies.

What do I expect? I expect us to still be able to call Anfield a fortress, and I expect us to pick up more away from home. I expect us to be fighting the Mancs for 3rd/4th. I expect fewer injuries, better stats, more points, more goals and no going to sleep at the back. I expect, we will do better than last year, and I expect to see us taking the first steps to becoming the team we once were.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:33 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:What do I need? I need to see a team that is versetile, fit, fast and sharp. I need a squad that is deep, strong, flexible and competant. I need to hear the Kop singing again, and again, and again. I need to see a team that is fantastic in Red, and at least very good in White. I need to be getting merrily drunk, rather than drowning my sorrows.

What do I desire? The Quintuple of Trophies.

What do I expect? I expect us to still be able to call Anfield a fortress, and I expect us to pick up more away from home. I expect us to be fighting the Mancs for 3rd/4th. I expect fewer injuries, better stats, more points, more goals and no going to sleep at the back. I expect, we will do better than last year, and I expect to see us taking the first steps to becoming the team we once were.

now thats what I'm talkin'bout

ride the crest guys,the feelgood atmosphere is here.The noise at Anfield will now be the 12th AND 13th man.No one dare come for the win.Titanic end to end tussles with the cockneys,the mancs slayne,toffees spat out.The speed of Cisse,telepathy upfront,the midfield wars..Alonso to Gerrard......goal !
Jumpers for goalposts
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:01 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:

Maybe he has no personality of his own   :D
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Afroman » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:10 pm

maximus wrote:
LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:

Maybe he has no personality of his own   :D

Afroman agrees :D  :D
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion