Tottenham vs Liverpool 30/09 17:30 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby kazza » Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:06 am

After the on-field decisions disallowed Diaz's strike, England checked for offside thinking that the on-field decision was to award the goal.
Viewers at home felt that the check was unusually quick. The quick check though was because England felt that Diaz was clearly onside, and told the referee 'check complete'.

In doing so, he effectively told referee Simon Hooper that the on-field call was the correct one.

Tottenham then took a free-kick for offside, which at that point - when the error would have been noticed - it is said to be too late to pull play back.

Incredible
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:43 am

kazza » Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:06 am wrote:After the on-field decisions disallowed Diaz's strike, England checked for offside thinking that the on-field decision was to award the goal.
Viewers at home felt that the check was unusually quick. The quick check though was because England felt that Diaz was clearly onside, and told the referee 'check complete'.

In doing so, he effectively told referee Simon Hooper that the on-field call was the correct one.

Tottenham then took a free-kick for offside, which at that point - when the error would have been noticed - it is said to be too late to pull play back.

Incredible

I don't buy into that, there are two VAR, what were they doing? Did both believe it was given as a goal? Surely the lack of celebrations would be a clue. This is total bull and they're just digging a bigger hole. Also the ball was placed for the freekick for offside, if a goal had been awarded it would have been on the half way line.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:48 am

*****. Man United were rewarded a penalty through VAR after the FINAL WISTLE was blown! They pretty much brought the players back from the dreasing room!

They've dug themselves into quite a deep hole here. We shouldn't let it slide, something must be done by us!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:59 am

Since the match was filled with so much drama, there was also a penalty not given to Joe Gomez that no one is mentioning. Again on that one it was a very quick check when it looked to me a blatant penalty. I can’t wait to read “ref watch” on sky. They will now say the goal should have stood but will agree with the ref with all the other poor decisions.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:03 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:26 am wrote:
damjan193 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:38 pm wrote:How is everyone not fuming over this? There should be riots in Liverpool after what we've seen! Yet another apology from the corrupt officials, how many titles should we lose because of their corruption before we say apology not f*cking accepted?!

This is institutional level cheating and nothing else. Some of you English lads may not want to believe it but what happened today (and has happened many times in the past) is 100% deliberate. Its not a few individuals that hate Liverpool for some reason, its a rigged system that works for the highest bidder.

To be honest I'm not sure I can watch this anymore. I'm being made a fool, as is everyone else. Football is being destroyed in front of our own eyes and it won't be long before it becomes something akin to WWE with paid actors and predetermined results.

That Rodri handball decision at Goodison which cost us the title was particularly bad, the player himself admitted that he practically caught the thing and it was a blatant/stonewall pen. Hard to believe that there wasn’t at the very least a bit of unconscious bias involved there

Let's not sugarcoat it yakka, it's not unconsciois bias at all. The sooner we accept what's going on here the better.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:07 am

Just watched MOTD from last night and what was told to them was that Diaz scored the goal, they've drawn the lines seen he was onside, and then said check complete. They've  then carried on with the game. Then they've panicked in VAR because they never clarified that it was onside and the goal should have been given because "they" thought the onfield officials had given the goal originally and VAR were only checking to see if he was offside, which he wasn't, so they've said check complete (meaning the goal should stand)

So you'd think as soon as Spurs take the free kick after instead of them starting from the Center circle... the VAR should be shouting in Simon Hoopers ear, we got that wrong sorry its a goal to Liverpool.

Every official from that game needs suspending and investigating.. because the trust has completely gone from our game after that shambles.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:36 am

damjan193 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:48 am wrote:*****. Man United were rewarded a penalty through VAR after the FINAL WISTLE was blown! They pretty much brought the players back from the dreasing room!

They've dug themselves into quite a deep hole here. We shouldn't let it slide, something must be done by us!

Somebody just needs to check all these officials bank accounts, it will then be glaringly obvious. There is no way these are all coincidental mistakes. That way we cut out the intent argument.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:45 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:56 am

Bissouma palmed one of our players in the face aswell.. which is a straight red in the new rules for this season.

So many things went against us and it needs investigating. And not by the FA, because they all ***** in the same pot. This needs to go higher.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:07 am

Nothing will happen beside yesterdays VAR officials being taken off duty next week. Have no idea why clubs voted against the introduction of semi automated offside decisions we saw at the World Cup. Speeds up the whole process and supports the officials in making decisions.

To be honest, was fuming yesterday but having slept on it, I'm already looking forward to the Brighton game as the way we performed with 10 then 9 men was amazing. Rather focus on the positive then dwell too long on the nonsense we saw yesterday. Thought Klopp handled the post match interviews/conference with real class.
Doeboy

Postby Santa » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:16 am

Man I was fuming...couldn't sleep well last night as my blood was still boiling. Wife said I looked knackered today and I didn't have the strength to explain anything to her. Writing this as I have my first meal at 6pm  :angry:

Quick summary of yesterday...I thought Spurs were organised without creating much. Without Son they were toothless just takes out Maddison and there are reduced to a mid table team

How massive was Ali yesterday and I thot both Joel and Virgil dealt with their forwards pretty easily. We missed the creativity of Trent and the speed of Darwin

Players like Jota need to grow the fück up before they start becoming a liability to the team

Watched how PGMOL will now hide behind "communication errors" to try to get away from their corrupt decisions. These Fascists dictators will not take responsibility for their errors and club with billions at stake will see all their investments and hard work goes up in smoke over these waste of space match officials. Clubs should put enormous pressure on PGMOL to act responsibly and account for their actions

WE ARE AGAINST EVERYONE AND WE WILL GO AGAIN!!! #YNWA  :buttrock
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:23 am

At some point the clubs need to vote to bring in semi automated offside decisions. As long as there's a still a strong human element involved in offsides, ***** ups like yesterday will still be there. Part of me thinks clubs voting against it only have themselves to blame in leaving themselves open to nonsense like yesterday......

The new technology uses 12 dedicated tracking cameras mounted underneath the roof of the stadium to track the ball and up to 29 data points of each individual player, 50 times per second, calculating their exact position on the pitch. The 29 collected data points include all limbs and extremities that are relevant for making offside calls. 

Al Rihla, adidas’ official match ball for Qatar 2022™, will provide a further vital element for the detection of tight offside incidents as an inertial measurement unit (IMU) sensor will be placed inside the ball. This sensor, positioned in the centre of the ball, sends ball data to the video operation room 500 times per second, allowing a very precise detection of the kick point.

By combining the limb- and ball-tracking data and applying artificial intelligence, the new technology provides an automated offside alert to the video match officials inside the video operation room whenever the ball is received by an attacker who was in an offside position at the moment the ball was played by a team-mate. Before informing the on-field referee, the video match officials validate the proposed decision by manually checking the automatically selected kick point and the automatically created offside line, which is based on the calculated positions of the players’ limbs. This process happens within a few seconds and means that offside decisions can be made faster and more accurately.

After the decision has been confirmed by the referee on the pitch, the exact same positional data points that were used to make the decision are then generated into a 3D animation that perfectly details the position of the players’ limbs at the moment the ball was played. This 3D animation, which will always show the best possible perspectives for an offside situation, will then be shown on the giant screens in the stadium and will also be made available to FIFA’s broadcast partners to inform all spectators in the clearest possible way.
Doeboy

Postby Penguins » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:35 am

The fact that the people employed to take care of VAR haven't been sacked yet is a scandal. They either
1. Have the IQ of a toddler
2. Corrupt as he** and didn't want Liverpool to score
3. Was distracted and not really focused on the match doing "other" things

ANY of those reasons are sackable offenses....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:46 pm

Dan Cook and Darren England the two people working VAR for our game were part of the refereeing team that travelled to the UAE to officiate a game only 48 hours before our game.

I'm sure there's a team owned by a UAE company in our league that lost points earlier in the day right?
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:49 pm

I'd hope for a deeper investigation and some level headed journalists continue to raise this issue.
Their explanations and from what happend just doesn't correlate.
This league is gradually getting destroyed. Darren England was replaced today, he'll be back sooner than you know it.

Games and tricks began during Man City reign, wait until Newcastle are up there also.

"Lapse of concentration", I mean was he concerned about his evening dinner. Load of bull
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games