Tottenham vs Liverpool 30/09 17:30 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:07 pm

Good, glad we want the audio, I'd love it to become public but that won't happen.

What I want to know is what we going to get from all this....only an apology isn't enough.
Minimum they should give us and Spurs a point each.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:18 pm

I find it hard to believe that the pair of muppets in the VAR booth only became aware of the error after the re-start (when nothing could be done to remedy the situation), surely they must have seen the 2 sets of players weren’t retreating to their respective halves?
It would only have taken a fraction of a second to shout STOP down the refs earpiece, once the ball got placed on the ground where the off side took place and not in the centre circle they should have been screaming blue murder.
No wonder the club want to hear the audio,
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:57 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:18 pm wrote:I find it hard to believe that the pair of muppets in the VAR booth only became aware of the error after the re-start (when nothing could be done to remedy the situation), surely they must have seen the 2 sets of players weren’t retreating to their respective halves?
It would only have taken a fraction of a second to shout STOP down the refs earpiece, once the ball got placed on the ground where the off side took place and not in the centre circle they should have been screaming blue murder.
No wonder the club want to hear the audio,

Halsey said that they talk constantly, the linesman who flagged for offside would have told the ref and VAR that the goal was offside so for VAR to say they thought the goal had been given is just not feasible.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:58 pm

They are absolute liars with that excuse of not being able to correct it because the play had restarted. That to me is absolute rubbish because the gave Manure a penalty last season after the final whistle had gone.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:09 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:58 pm wrote:They are absolute liars with that excuse of not being able to correct it because the play had restarted. That to me is absolute rubbish because the gave Manure a penalty last season after the final whistle had gone.
Dermott Gallagher got asked about that situation on sky. He said that you can't go back after the games restarted, The United game didn't restart because it was the end of the game. They asked the players to remain on the field until they checked VAR and then the pen was given.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:27 pm

Even so the idea that 2 VAR officials both didn’t get onto the fact that a good goal was wrongly being ruled out until after the restart seems a bit of a stretch to me. One maybe but 2?
My guess is that we’ll never get to hear that audio unless they are re-recording it as we speak
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:33 pm

I reckon we want the game replayed
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:35 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:27 pm wrote:Even so the idea that 2 VAR officials both didn’t get onto the fact that a good goal was wrongly being ruled out until after the restart seems a bit of a stretch to me. One maybe but 2?
My guess is that we’ll never get to hear that audio unless they are re-recording it as we speak

Wouldn't be surprised mate, I'd assume it is very easy to forge a new recording.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:47 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:33 pm wrote:I reckon we want the game replayed

Zero chance of that happening and to be honest I'm not in favour of a replay. Once the game is completed, that's it imo. If spurs themselves had done something to cheat, then that would have been different.
What we need from this is the VAR protocol seriously scrutinised and failings bought to the forefront and push through changes and transparency. Maybe even push for semi automated offsides to be introduced asap.   

Personally think we are just taking a stand to show we are not taking it laying down but outside of an apology, review and amendment of VAR protocols (maybe we will push for semi automated offside decisions to be introduced sooner rather than later) and the officials involved being cast aside for a longer period of time, realistically don't think there's much more we can expect. My guess is by next weekend everyone, although disgruntled, will ultimately have moved on.

The club need to be seen to be doing something with the furore this has caused amongst us fans hence releasing that statement but think even the club although rightly furious probably know there is limited mileage in terms of outcomes but need to use the opportunity to draw attention to the fact we've been wronged .
Doeboy

Postby Santa » Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:29 pm

[Deleted]
Last edited by Santa on Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:39 pm

I want to know how much are those refs being paid to take on that Abu Dhabi gig? and paid for by whom? What others freebies were thrown in during the trip?

Getting well paid gigs in Abu Dhabi does smells like conflict of interest

And now the apologist pundits (yes you Gary Neville) have changed his tune and asked us to move on. Many are now making up bullshît excuses like the refs are tired from their trip...try telling your boss that you're tired from moonlighting another job yesterday night and see what happens?

The Sky gangsters are in bed with PGMOL...they don't show the line for the disallowed goal despite them being available to the pundits and they don't replay it during HT until the final few seconds before the restart, and they have been trying to whitewash this farce ever since
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:03 am

Santa » Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:39 pm wrote:I want to know how much are those refs being paid to take on that Abu Dhabi gig? and paid for by whom? What others freebies were thrown in during the trip?

And now the apologist pundits (yes you Gary Neville) have changed his tune and asked us to move on. Many are now making up bullshît excuses like the refs are tired from their trip...try telling your boss that you're tired from moonlighting another job yesterday night and see what happens?

The Sky gangsters are in bed with PGMOL...they don't show the line for the disallowed goal despite them being available to the pundits and they don't replay it during HT until the final few seconds before the restart, and they have been trying to whitewash this farce ever since

"Darren England and Dan Cook officiated a UAE Pro League match between Sharjah and Al Ain on Thursday, kicking off at 8pm local time. They completed their 16-hour round trip by flying back to London on Friday ahead of Tottenham versus Liverpool on Saturday."

Apparently they get about £2500 per gig, like you said wonder what extra freebies are involved.
PGMOL defending these gigs as it gives refs from England a positive reputation. Also stating these trips occur during Europa campaigns.

Journeys to Europe are a lot shorter than Mid East. If refs are sent for abroad missions then they should not feature at the weekend.
PGMOL should prioritise what is important. It is all about the money, they all are corrupt. Trying the keep their new "rich" friends with benefits happy.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:29 am

redshade » Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:03 am wrote:
Santa » Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:39 pm wrote:I want to know how much are those refs being paid to take on that Abu Dhabi gig? and paid for by whom? What others freebies were thrown in during the trip?

"Darren England and Dan Cook officiated a UAE Pro League match between Sharjah and Al Ain on Thursday, kicking off at 8pm local time. They completed their 16-hour round trip by flying back to London on Friday ahead of Tottenham versus Liverpool on Saturday."

Apparently they get about £2500 per gig, like you said wonder what extra freebies are involved.
PGMOL defending these gigs as it gives refs from England a positive reputation. Also stating these trips occur during Europa campaigns.

Journeys to Europe are a lot shorter than Mid East. If refs are sent for abroad missions then they should not feature at the weekend.
PGMOL should prioritise what is important. It is all about the money, they all are corrupt. Trying the keep their new "rich" friends with benefits happy.

I have no issue with them travelling to ref another match as it happens all the time but as they only returned on the Friday why weren't they given a Sunday game instead of Saturday. Really p!ss poor planning. PGMOL has been a shambles for years and Webb was supposed to have been brought in to sort it out. The problem is if you have incompetent people then no amount of being dropped for the next game or retraining will solve it. Webb cannot be going through the season making apologies to clubs as an apology is not going to prevent the drop or loss of a European spot. He needs to get rid of the dead wood and get people in who can actually do the job, after all that's what he is paid to do.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:21 am

Webb hasn't released the audio tapes maybe because there is silence.... they didn't raise the matter with the ref so what's the point of releasing them?
This gets worse by the minute.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:59 pm

Just watched the Ben Foster podcast and Mark Goldbridge was on. Ben is convinced the VAR messed up with the offside, and informed sky to not show any of this at HT hoping people would forget about the incident.

The problem with that was that Bein sports with Keys and Gray talked about it all during their HT coverage and had the lines drawn to show the error. That blew up on social media and it was everywhere. Sky then decided to address it just before the 2nd half kicked off.

It was blatant cheating, and there is a clear agenda against Liverpool. No ones allowed to talk about without being punished. Its a dictatorship, and we are suppose to just sit back and watch the game get destroyed.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games