Tottenham vs Liverpool 30/09 17:30 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:49 am

TEAM NEWS

Tottenham forward Brennan Johnson has been ruled out because of the hamstring issue he sustained last weekend.

Midfielder James Maddison is training and should be available despite picking up a knock in the draw with Arsenal.

Liverpool defender Trent Alexander-Arnold is fit again after missing four games with a hamstring problem.

Jurgen Klopp says that Stefan Bajcetic has a minor calf issue and that he will join compatriot Thiago on the sidelines.

Going to be our toughest test yet, we really can't concede another early goal. Spurs are playing well under new management, they'll want to make a statement.

We could win this if we keep it tight at the back. We'll definitely score but unsure about the other end.

2-2 or 3-2 to us.

"Salah is vying to become the first player to register an assist in six successive Premier League away games."
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:35 pm

Going to be tough but we should be in for a good game due to the form of both teams. In hindsight a draw would be a good result but really hoping we have enough to take all 3 points.

ALI

TRENT      IBOU    VIRGIL      ROBBO

ENDO

SZOB                       MAC

SALAH        NUNEZ            DIAZ

Sticking endo in for that bit of reassurance in front of the back 4. 
I'm going 3.1 to us  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:48 pm

Spurs have got their tails up at the moment, but if we can shut down Son and Maddison we can edge this one.

I'm going for a 2-1 win for our lads  :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:00 pm

I think Son is going to be the key man and he does well against us. He is prone to getting caught offside though and we are one of the best at playing off side so our offside trap has got to be razor thin. We need Van Dyke to marshal it well today. Other than that I think we will definitely score.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:46 pm

Whys Nunez not starting?? He's a player who needs confidence and he's been playing well enough to earn his spot. Gakpo played a majority of the game vs Leicester so surprised he got the nod.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:01 pm

Team to play Tottenham: Alisson; Gomez, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson; Mac Allister, Jones, Szoboszlai; Salah, Gakpo, Diaz.

Subs: Kelleher, Endo, Konate, Nunez, Elliott, Jota, Tsimikas, Gravenberch, Alexander-Arnold.

Nunez starts every game in the PL unless injured for me..not sure Gakpo can get us the goal threat and scare defenders to anywhere near the same level.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:08 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:46 pm wrote:Whys Nunez not starting?? He's a player who needs confidence and he's been playing well enough to earn his spot. Gakpo played a majority of the game vs Leicester so surprised he got the nod.

Carrying a slight knock, so isn't 100% fit according to Klopp.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:08 pm

I think Gakpo is more tidy and links things up better than Nunes. I think the role of supersub  suits him more for now but he is getting in a groove this season. I think against weaker teams Nunes starts but against stronger teams then start the match with Gakpo and bring Nunes in the second half.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:13 pm

Wolves with a heroic display beat City. They finally drop points so a chance for us to get above them. I know it's early in the season but it will serve as a confidence boost for us.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:15 pm

I don't like Richarlison in their line up...he might just be motivated enough to cause some havoc for us today
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:16 pm

damjan193 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:13 pm wrote:Wolves with a heroic display beat City. They finally drop points so a chance for us to get above them. I know it's early in the season but it will serve as a confidence boost for us.

The Scums and Bitters both lost, so good omens for us?

A win will take us to the top this week

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:30 pm

Santa » Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:15 pm wrote:I don't like Richarlison in their line up...he might just be motivated enough to cause some havoc for us today

He's a thug. Will be the first player in the book.

Come on red men, this is a huge game. City have arsenal away next weekend and we could be 4 points clear by then...but we must win this!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:56 pm

This game calls for Darwin to cause havoc in Spurs defence...very surprised Cody starts

Now Curtis might get a red

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:57 pm

If that's a red, then the beautiful game is dead

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:58 pm