TOTTENHAM V LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:11 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:08 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:04 pm wrote:OutFuckingStanding

Every single player was fully switched on for this one

Gotta give 10 out of 10 to all the players and the manager, don't know what he said but it worked.

One of the best performances against "serious" opposition, home or away, we've produced for a long long time.

:buttrock

???  Really?

How would you rate Mignolet? He had nothing to do!!

:D

Maybe he was bored, hence his attempts to give SPuds a goal  :D

But seriously, that was a great result and our next game is Cardiff at home, which I expect us to win.  Mark my words, we'll line up against Man City as league leaders
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:12 pm

no sturridge, no gerrard, no enrique, 5-0 away to a team that spent 105,000,000 in the Summer.  If I complain about anything about this match ban me!  :D
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:13 pm

I don't know how anybody can say a little bit of luck is the difference? We fully deserved the first 2 goals after a fully dominant first half. If anything luck was against us as we hit the post twice and Lloris was in fantastic form with a few great saves.  The red card was no question for me… Not only has his foot gone in late, high, studs up (that's enough right there), but he clearly followed Suarez with his foot when Suarez tried to go around him, that was an attack. I don't see how that's a harsh decision at all, and if it were Suarez he would be off and probably get a few extra games thrown on top of the 3 game ban for it.

With that said…

Best performance of the season. Came to WHL and fully dominated a spurs team that, at the beginning of the season many felt were title challengers.  Hendo motm for me, which is not an easy choice when you have Suarez with 2 goals and 2 assists, and Sterling with arguably the best game of his career.  No need to sit here and say we're title contenders, but considering we haven't won there in years there's really only positives to take from it.

And Suarez… Really represented Liverpool the right way as captain tonight, well in for him.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby fivecups » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:15 pm

ethanr » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:13 pm wrote:I don't know how anybody can say a little bit of luck is the difference? We fully deserved the first 2 goals after a fully dominant first half. If anything luck was against us as we hit the post twice and Lloris was in fantastic form with a few great saves.  The red card was no question for me… Not only has his foot gone in late, high, studs up (that's enough right there), but he clearly followed Suarez with his foot when Suarez tried to go around him, that was an attack. I don't see how that's a harsh decision at all, and if it were Suarez he would be off and probably get a few extra games thrown on top of the 3 game ban for it.

With that said…

Best performance of the season. Came to WHL and fully dominated a spurs team that, at the beginning of the season many felt were title challengers.  Hendo motm for me, which is not an easy choice when you have Suarez with 2 goals and 2 assists, and Sterling with arguably the best game of his career.  No need to sit here and say we're title contenders, but considering we haven't won there in years there's really only positives to take from it.

And Suarez… Really represented Liverpool the right way as captain tonight, well in for him.

All five goals could have had different outcomes if the players hadn't connected with the ball. Am I wrong here???
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:16 pm

Some really hilarious comments on Soccernet :D

Oliver Giroud - I need to learn from Flanagan.
Arsene Wenger - I should have gone for a little more than 40,000,001 to get it done deal.
Greame Souness - I don't think 5-0 flatters Liverpool.
Stoke City - Did Spurs just copy our tactics?
Gareth Bale - Anybody missed me?
Daniel Levy - This January, i will sell all of my new players to real Madrid in exchange of Gareth Bale.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby TheLad » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:17 pm

We need to do better.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:19 pm

crim cram » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:12 pm wrote:no sturridge, no gerrard, no enrique, 5-0 away to a team that spent 105,000,000 in the Summer.  If I complain about anything about this match ban me!  :D

Spuds have blown their cash on a bunch of players who are either not good enough, or are uninterested in working hard. Sadly, AVB will be under the kosh now and the fans will be on his back, along with the media.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:25 pm

maypaxvobiscum

Postby Santa » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:41 pm

Shots on target today -- Spurs 0 Liverpool 10. That is just THAT!!!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:45 pm

Liverpool have scored more goals from open play at White Hart Lane this season than Spurs.  :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:46 pm

stmichael » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:45 pm wrote:Liverpool have scored more goals from open play at White Hart Lane this season than Spurs.  :laugh:

Suarez has also scored the same number of league goals this season as Torres has in 3 years at Chelsea  :laugh:
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:47 pm

Best away performance in years. Everybody wanted it. That attitude can take us to a place we only dreamed of.

I talked about synergy before the game and today was a classic example of just how powerful it can be.

I hope nobody tries to suggest that Spurs were shight. We well and truly made them look shight !!!

Great tactics by BR and a fabulous team attitude.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:49 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:02 pm wrote:
fivecups » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:58 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:54 pm wrote:Make no mistake, this was probably our most important game of the year, and we won it by scoring 5 goals. I don't think that our performance was as good as most here make it to be and I agree with what fivecups is saying, but 5 freaking goals is 5 goals and 3 points are 3 points.

Only 2 behind Arsenal now.

Except for a few good breaks the result could have been very different.

they hadnt even got a shot on target for the 90 mins  :no
we where excellent value for that today, they were never in it at all.

Dubious decision to send Paulinho off changed the game IMO.[/quote]

straight red all day mate. chest high and no where near the ball.
all that did was increase the scoreline and push a game that was already beyond them.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:07 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:02 pm wrote:
fivecups » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:58 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:54 pm wrote:Make no mistake, this was probably our most important game of the year, and we won it by scoring 5 goals. I don't think that our performance was as good as most here make it to be and I agree with what fivecups is saying, but 5 freaking goals is 5 goals and 3 points are 3 points.

Except for a few good breaks the result could have been very different.

they hadnt even got a shot on target for the 90 mins  :no
we where excellent value for that today, they were never in it at all.

Dubious decision to send Paulinho off changed the game IMO.

straight red all day mate. chest high and no where near the ball.
all that did was increase the scoreline and push a game that was already beyond them.[/quote]

I'm fishing to be honest, totally agree, straight red all day long. We we're much the better team even when they had 11 on the pitch. In fact I agree, this was one of the best away performances we've produced in years. We totally destroyed a team full of quality players - it was an annihilation.

I think it's important to credit Brendan Rodgers here, for one team to defeat another so emphatically can only mean one manager has tactically crushed the other. Well done.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:12 pm

fivecups » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:43 pm wrote:We've done ok, bit of luck has probably been the difference between the two sides IMO.

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

Think you stumbled into the wrong forum. This is one for Liverpool supporters.

I'm sure if you Google it you can find a forum where Spurs fans and other numb nuts will (maybe) agree that the only difference between the sides was "a bit of luck"

:p

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games