Tottenham vs Liverpool 30/09 17:30 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:55 pm

Doeboy » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:07 am wrote:Nothing will happen beside yesterdays VAR officials being taken off duty next week. Have no idea why clubs voted against the introduction of semi automated offside decisions we saw at the World Cup. Speeds up the whole process and supports the officials in making decisions.

To be honest, was fuming yesterday but having slept on it, I'm already looking forward to the Brighton game as the way we performed with 10 then 9 men was amazing. Rather focus on the positive then dwell too long on the nonsense we saw yesterday. Thought Klopp handled the post match interviews/conference with real class.

Our lads have got the right mentality this season. I'm convinced we will challenge for the title, unless we are playing against officials also.

So far this season we've turned our quite few results. Even yesterday had it been last season, we would've got hammered.

Lads and Klopp will respond, who knows maybe what happend yesterday is the extra spark we needed to go full throttle.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:57 pm

The lads were a credit to the shirt yesterday, they put in a real shift. Szobo was making lung busting runs upfield right to the end. Hendo and Milly used to rightly get a lot of credit for the dressing room culture they helped create well early signs are that Virge and Trent have created a real never say die dressing room culture themselves
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:12 pm

The real winner this weekend is Darren(cash in the bank of) England!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:31 am

Liverpool have vowed to "explore the range of options available" after claiming sporting integrity was undermined after Luis Diaz's goal was ruled out against Tottenham for what the PGMOL described as "significant human error".

There is a big push for the remit of PGMOL's review to not solely be restricted to the VAR failings itself and how it happened, but to examine the appointment process of the officials given three of them - two central to the blunder - worked in the UAE 48 hours before the game.

Howard Webb approved them going to UAE

A lot of attention is on the disallowed goal but the match was full of poor game changing decisions, I don’t think we should let them off the hook. Rival fans will call us poor losers but would react the same if not worse had it happen to their team. As for the goal, the real issue is when they knew it was a goal, instead of correcting the mistake they covered it up to save their own reputation and that is fraudulent. They knowingly changed the outcome of a match to save themselves. Those officials should never ref again. I am reading a number of pundits/ex referees saying that they will learn their lesson and should not be hung for this but did they actually learn their lesson? The idiot ref is the same idiot ref that didn’t award an obvious penalty for Wolves, he was also suspended for two matches and here he is again making an even greater mistake. Not one of judgement that can be debated but a clear factual error and they tried to hide it (if not for bein sports they would have got away with it).

Why should a corrupt referee get a free pass?

I still think we need to follow the money, the excuse that they were tired after traveling from UAE is absolute shyte.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:38 am

I still cannot get over this excuse that they thought a goal had been given, I mean come on there is two of them and how could they believe that when no celebration and the game restarting from near the Spurs goal. Also what is all this rubbish like a very ambiguous 'check complete', you would either say its a goal or its offside. The whole thing stinks and yes we have incompetent officials but three of them in one match.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:54 am

Pretty sure I heard that excuse before about officials being tired after travelling from UAE. WTF are premier league referees doing over there anyway. Are they reffing that league as well ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:28 am

Boocity » Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:38 am wrote:I still cannot get over this excuse that they thought a goal had been given, I mean come on there is two of them and how could they believe that when no celebration and the game restarting from near the Spurs goal. Also what is all this rubbish like a very ambiguous 'check complete', you would either say its a goal or its offside. The whole thing stinks and yes we have incompetent officials but three of them in one match.

Also surely the mic’d up linesman must have said offside when he raised his flag and the ref must also have said offside. If they release the audio I’d bet that would clear up a lot, of course they won’t.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:50 am

Ex referee Mark Halsey was on talksport discussing the matter. He said there's no way Darren England thought that was given as a goal from the on field officials. The amount of communication all these officials have with each other during these decisions.. there's no chance you can get it wrong.
The only way we can find out is by listening to the conversation between all the officials for that goal.

And to make everyone's day even better Mac Allister is now facing FA punishment after his comments about Spurs having 12 men.

You couldn't make it up.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:23 am

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:50 am wrote:Ex referee Mark Halsey was on talksport discussing the matter. He said there's no way Darren England thought that was given as a goal from the on field officials. The amount of communication all these officials have with each other during these decisions.. there's no chance you can get it wrong.
The only way we can find out is by listening to the conversation between all the officials for that goal.

And to make everyone's day even better Mac Allister is now facing FA punishment after his comments about Spurs having 12 men.

You couldn't make it up.

There was also a penalty on Gomez, Endo got a slap in the face, Jota’s first yellow, the Jones red all need to be checked. I want to know what they said to each other to come up with the decisions they did. I’d guess that after review they will make the conversation between the officials transparent, which it really should have in the first place. Why would they hide the conversation between themselves Unless they had something to hide like their incompetence or motivation.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:39 am

I'm from Barnsley and used to run a under12 side here. I'm from a place called Darfield which is a village in Barnsley and Darren England is from Middle-Cliffe which is next door. Him and Scott Ledger used to officiate alot of local games when they were going through the ranks.

It's well known that Darren and his family are huge Man Utd fans. I'm not sure If he claims to be one or not, but he shouldn't be anywhere near ours or united games.

Ledger is a Liverpool fan.. he's mainly the 4th official in PL matches.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red_indian » Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:55 am

Dermot on ref watch on Sky just said he does not understand what the Liverpool statement means.

They just back each other these refs, nothing else.

Given the ref and VAR all knew of the mistake as soon as they kicked off from the free kick, how can anyone be absolutely sure that did not impact and influence the refereeing of the rest of the game?

The best option for the refs at that stage was for Spurs to win the game convincingly so that no one could claim the Diaz no-goal had any bearing on the overall result.

So with Spurs not doing their part, let’s book more Liverpool players to make the team less aggressive and better still manufacture another sending off too all while ignoring possible yellow cards for Spurs and stopping Liverpool counters at the earliest opportunity.

Who knows, consciously or subconsciously, what impact the sequence of farcical events had on those officiating for the rest of the match.
red_indian

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:08 pm

It was obvious at the outset that the referee and VAR team were biased towards the Spudz as it seemed the outcome it was already planned!! It was a total disgrace to PL and referee's governing body, so shameful act by trying to defeat a team by those disgraceful means. The PL should intervene in this case a correct the score line to 2-2 based on the admission of the shameful referee!  The football game in the UK is dying by trying to do favors to other teams!!

It was only 20 seconds away from achieving a remarkable draw with nine men! But only for the clumsy Matip who normally scores more goals against his own team, rather than for it!

Personally, I am so disappointed in that £400K Salah who gave ZERO contribution at the time of needs under the server circumstance of the game, he wasn't able to get the ball that come to him to stick up front not even once! Light weight, have hearted, running like a headless chicken, losing the ball every time!1, even his beloved Klopp had a go at him before replacing him. His mind is in mega Saudi league, I can't wait for Jan.2024 to come sooner!!

We are the royal fans of LFC will rally behind our be loved club and support it and must demand that our club to treated fairly by referee's governing body and PL, we already had four players sent off so far in the first handful of games of the seasons. This is must be stopped.

As for the spudz where the media making them as being a top team, on paper they might be, but in reality they are a very average team, and they have already failed the test despite the disgraceful helping hand for that inept referee, who should be suspended for the whole season, perhaps he should consider going to Saudi's league, they are crying out for English referees!!

LFC will live forever
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby Santa » Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:51 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:46 pm wrote:Dan Cook and Darren England the two people working VAR for our game were part of the refereeing team that travelled to the UAE to officiate a game only 48 hours before our game.

I'm sure there's a team owned by a UAE company in our league that lost points earlier in the day right?

I hoped this get escalated to an investigation for match fixing...details like the audio conversation between VAR and on-field referees should be made public. We also need to know how much are these referees being paid to officiate in UAE, and how often they get that gig. Their bank accounts and their onfield performance after every game should be scrutinised by an Independent 3rd party to make sure this beautiful game are not being killed by any corrupt officials

But my guess is they will call a stop to all these once we start looking into the dodgy dealing in the Middle East because we will find some backhanded corruption that has taken place all these while
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:08 pm

By putting in a formal request for the audio we  clearly don’t believe the refs story
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:09 pm

I don't believe any of them. The whole game felt like one big set up.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games