TOTTENHAM V LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:25 pm

along with the newcastle game from last season that was one of the best performances i`ve seen from a liverpool side since the late 80`s.
we were all over them like a rash in midfield with hendo, allen, lucas and raheem pressing like their lives depended on it.
that was rodgers blueprint carried out to the letter
suarez is one of the best players ever to wear a red shirt as well, phenominal performance
when we won the european cup in 1977 a reporter stuck a microphone under bob paisleys nose and the great man who spend half a century at the club replied ` i`m proud to be a liverpudlian tonight`, that pretty much sums up how i feel at the moment.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:27 pm

What a fucking performance ,its been a while waiting for it to arrive ,but what a sensational display .....This is why I love this fucking
football club to bitz.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:48 pm

Best Performance in years ,amazing. We started as fast as we could and then some more. Might our Midfield be a bit more dynamic with Sir Gerrard on the bench?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:04 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:12 pm wrote:
fivecups » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:43 pm wrote:We've done ok, bit of luck has probably been the difference between the two sides IMO.

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

Think you stumbled into the wrong forum. This is one for Liverpool supporters.

I'm sure if you Google it you can find a forum where Spurs fans and other numb nuts will (maybe) agree that the only difference between the sides was "a bit of luck"

:p

Does this help?  :rasp
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:09 pm

There can be nobody dis-satisfied with that today. Spurs were completey crushed.

I've been critical of Henderson in the past, but he played his heart out today.

2nd place.  :buttrock

Let's hope this kind of form can be kept up.
tonyeh

Postby Santa » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:51 pm

The best sight today was King Kenny's broad grin when Flanagan's goal went in...absolute top man!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:10 pm

Outfornicatingstanding

Fantastic result which not only propels us back into second but  hopefully puts a belief and confidence  into this team that mounting a credible challenge for at least a top four finish is achievable

Be nice if it also dissipates some of latent inferiority complex negativity that resides in some quarters on this forum about this team  :D

Walk on Reds
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:38 am

I give alot of credit to the whole midfield line. Coutinho is coutinho brilliant passing as always. But Lucas, Allen, Henderson and Stirling really stepped up! Lucas was good defensively. Allen did very will in connecting defensive with attack. Stirling terrorized their LB. And Henderson ran his socks off and was alot of times within their box as if he was like our 2nd striker.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:41 am

The only complaint I have is with our defenders passing back to mignolet. He was very shaky. We could've shot ourselves in the foot there. Johnson was defensively nervous as well, Lucas had to bail him out a few times...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:59 am

Fookin brilliant, if this is not a statement of intent, I am not sure what is!!  :buttrock

March on Redmen!!

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Focus » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:40 am

Before the game, without Sturridge, Enrique and Stevie to make matters worse, I feared it would be another Hull Horror Show all over again. But I was so happy to see all our players from defence to attack playing their hearts out especially Henderson, Sterling and Allen. That's what we want. We may not have the quality and depth of Chelsea and City, but if we play with hunger and confidence, we can put up a few surprises. I pray that we can keep this momentum going for the next 3 games, no more injuries before reinforcements arrive in January(hopefully).

The only negative I can say about the game is, Spurs were not playing up to their normal standards and they had Paulinho sent off and thus we had an extra man for most of 2nd half and we took full advantage of that and of course we should have scored more had luck been on our side.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:57 am

Best performance since we annihilated United at OT then Real Madrid at Anfield in the space of a few days in the 08/09 season.

From front to back the whole team played well and it was hard to pick any flaws in the performance really.

Suarez is unplayable at the moment, Sakho is starting to look class, Coutinho is starting to come into some form, Allen and Henderson look a really good unit in front of Lucas, and Flanagan's goal... absolute belter!

There's a smugness about Levy, Spurs and AVB in recent years, not to mention them pipping us to a few transfer targets and being a rival for top 4, so it was a satisfying result all round.

The big test is keeping players' feet on the ground after that and making sure we don't drop points at home to Cardiff, which would see all our good work undone.  Rodgers has a hard week coming up, and an even harder couple of games to follow.  This is where a good manager earns his money.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:54 am

fivecups » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:58 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:54 pm wrote:Make no mistake, this was probably our most important game of the year, and we won it by scoring 5 goals. I don't think that our performance was as good as most here make it to be and I agree with what fivecups is saying, but 5 freaking goals is 5 goals and 3 points are 3 points.

Only 2 behind Arsenal now.

Except for a few good breaks the result could have been very different.

You absolute muppet.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:07 am

Henderson and Allen were immense. First to everything.

Gerrard who?  :eyebrow
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:53 pm

Ouch Another Vacancy Beckons sacked
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games