Stoke City v Liverpool - Britannia Stadium 15:00 (Part II)

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:07 pm

Reg » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:55 pm wrote:Question: did we miss Stevie?  Errr... no.

Well said....
He's gone.
We go again :D
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby eds » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:17 am

All of a sudden the comments have gone from what happened in the game to people turning this a whinge fest about a non-existent issue - apparently some other fictitious posters being negative and pessimistic with a win  ??? .

Whinging about make believe whingers. You really can't make that s**t up. What the f**k is wrong with some of you? Seriously :no

Just waiting on Captain Kool-Aid aka Devaney to arrive now and start one of his massive rants on all the whinging going on.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:27 am

Sounds like a conspiracy mate.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:02 am

More like a conspiracy about a whinging conspiracy Reg  :laugh:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:52 am

I can't keep up with it mate, I still haven't worked out who shot JFK so there's zero chance of knowing what happened just yesterday.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:52 am

Great result

Winning without playing particually playing well is a priceless trait to have.

How many teams have gone on to great things by doing that ?

Some people expect 4-0 everygame.

Football doesn't work like that
Kopite-Jud

Postby only me » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:02 am

Kopite-Jud » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:52 am wrote:Great result

Actually it usually does...You usually Win when you play well...Yes their are the Chelskys of the world that win although playing conservative but you usually need to play well to win anything.
We "Stole" a game ,and we could have lost just as easy ,i would attribute it to anything but sheer coincidence and brilliance by Coutinho.
And i don't think anyone expects a 4-0 every-game ,we expect to see a football team which understands what it wants and tries to play decent entertaining football...But it is very early days. Time will tell.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:29 am

only me » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:02 am wrote:

Actually it usually does...You usually Win when you play well...Yes their are the Chelskys of the world that win although playing conservative but you usually need to play well to win anything.
We "Stole" a game ,and we could have lost just as easy ,i would attribute it to anything but sheer coincidence and brilliance by Coutinho.
And i don't think anyone expects a 4-0 every-game ,we expect to see a football team which understands what it wants and tries to play decent entertaining football...But it is very early days. Time will tell.

It really doesnt work like that.  I've seen us pick teams apart and get beat many of times.  I'd rather learn how to win ugly like United and Chelsea have done numerous times over the past 20 years. You cant play well and win in this league every single week.  This isnt Germany ,Spain or Scotland anyone can beat anyone.

How many times have you sat there scratching your head thinking how the F#ck have we lost that game or how the f#ck have United won that game ?

I'd rather grind out a result like that any day of the week.
Kopite-Jud

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:23 am

Kopite-Jud » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:29 am wrote:

It really doesnt work like that.  I've seen us pick teams apart and get beat many of times.  I'd rather learn how to win ugly like United and Chelsea have done numerous times over the past 20 years. You cant play well and win in this league every single week.  This isnt Germany ,Spain or Scotland anyone can beat anyone.

How many times have you sat there scratching your head thinking how the F#ck have we lost that game or how the f#ck have United won that game ?

True, but grinding out results is an art and one result away at Stoke doesn't prove that we've mastered it.
In 90 minutes of football despite having a £30m+ striker on the pitch and 3 AM's we didn't create one decent chance which is something I found a bit concerning I have to admit. I wasn't too enamoured with the amount of long balls we hit too.
If this is the direction we are going in Im not sure I'm a fan.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:35 am

Kopite-Jud » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:29 am wrote:

Mate that was the exception not the rule. We don't have Chelsea talent to grind results on a daily basis. I understand what you refer to as winning ugly but i doubt we are built for it in the long run.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:41 am

We will build on this.  Results breed confidence.

After the 6-1 there a few months back i'd take that 1-0 win.  The better performances will come in time, but for now i'll take that all day long.  Whether you win by an inch or a mile a wins a win.

Every team in the league would take a 1-0 away at Stoke.
Kopite-Jud

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:49 am

Kopite-Jud » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:41 am wrote:We will build on this.  Results breed confidence.

After the 6-1 there a few months back i'd take that 1-0 win.  The better performances will come in time, but for now i'll take that all day long.  Whether you win by an inch or a mile a wins a win.

Every team in the league would take a 1-0 away at Stoke.

I'm a big believer in the old adage that games are won and lost in midfield and I'm not convinced Hendo and Milner are good enough. Rodgers obviously is, in fact they are not just our number 1 CM pairing, being captain and vice captain they now constitute our 'leadership group' as well.
Could be a long season this.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:44 pm

Question - Before the game on Sunday who would have taken a 1-0 win and a scrappy performance ?

Remembering how we ended last season and our poor record away at the Britannia.

I would have all day.
0-0 wouldnt have been too bad for me.

A clean sheet was a big bonus given how poor we have been at the back over the last few seasons. There was the odd heart in mouth moment but being honest they are not a bad side.
Like others have said they will take points off some of the other top sides at their place this season.

The first few weeks of the season for me are about picking points up and getting the match fitness and sharpness back.
2 seasons ago we won 1-0 the first 3 games and didnt look a cohesive unit at all.
It takes time for that to develop especially when we have made so many new signings again.

I wasnt made up with the performance Sunday, being honest it wasnt great.
But we wont care about that when we look back at the end of the season, we will remember 3 massive points and bringing a bit of pride back after what happened last season.

Like I said in my first post in this match thread if you cant celebrate a late win at a tough place like that then I dont know when you will be happy.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:15 pm

Can should be the first midfielder on our team sheet.

He offers us the strength protecting our defence and also the ability to push us forward. Pairing him with Hendo or Milner would give us a better balance than hendo and milner partnership

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Billy_5_Times » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:43 pm

Well deserved win at a ground we've traditionally struggled at during the Premier League years.

Opening day victory with a clean sheet, can't complain with that. Though of course some moaning ***** find fault with everything.

I'll just enjoy us the victory. Well done Reds.
"I'd kick my own brother if necessary, that's what football is about" Steve McMahon
Billy_5_Times

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games