RABOTNICKI vs. LIVERPOOL (Europa League) - 29/7/2010

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby andy_g » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:21 pm

bigmick wrote:Nobodies done one of those utterly pointless predictions yet, where they name not just the score, but the scorers and all that. I'll get the ball rolling.

I think we'll win 2-1 (Aquilani 26 minutes, glancing header) followed by an equaliser from their Russian centre half (Stopemski) with a header from a corner. We'll get the winner with a deflected shot from Jay Spearing in the 74th minute. The attendance will be 14'500, as I should think it's quite a small ground.

you forgot to mention that aquilani will get booked on 27 minutes for removing his shirt and swinging it around his head during his goal celebration, then receive a second yellow (which should be a straight red) on 43 minutes for a crunching two footed lunge on the macedonian left back.

the good news is that we still win despite playing the whole second half with 10 men.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:21 pm

7:45
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Tim LFC » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:23 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:7:45

Cheers!
Tim LFC

Postby rocky29 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:40 pm

who agrees with me give aquilani the captains armband. Give him some confidence and responsibility and say go on son you boss the game. Really hope he has a good game tonight give him some needed confidence!
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Fauxy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:46 pm

rocky29 wrote:who agrees with me give aquilani the captains armband. Give him some confidence and responsibility and say go on son you boss the game. Really hope he has a good game tonight give him some needed confidence!

Mate, he bearly speaks a sentence of english. Captains need to communicate.

If he spoke english I might agree with you though  :D

I would say make Shelvey captain to be honest! He seems to be quite an influential player on the pitch, always wanting the ball and involved in everything.
Fauxy

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:47 pm

Fauxy wrote:
rocky29 wrote:who agrees with me give aquilani the captains armband. Give him some confidence and responsibility and say go on son you boss the game. Really hope he has a good game tonight give him some needed confidence!

I would say make Shelvey captain to be honest! He seems to be quite an influential player on the pitch, always wanting the ball and involved in everything.

I presume that was meant as a joke....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Fauxy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:49 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
Fauxy wrote:

I presume that was meant as a joke....

Nope, I dont see why Shelvey cant be captain for just one game against Rabotnicki !

If Lucas can do it then Shelvey fu.ckin can!
Fauxy

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:56 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:I have done 0-0 and got 9/1, only a fiver like.

:laugh: I done 0-0 and all.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:38 pm

andy_g wrote:
bigmick wrote:Nobodies done one of those utterly pointless predictions yet, where they name not just the score, but the scorers and all that. I'll get the ball rolling.

I think we'll win 2-1 (Aquilani 26 minutes, glancing header) followed by an equaliser from their Russian centre half (Stopemski) with a header from a corner. We'll get the winner with a deflected shot from Jay Spearing in the 74th minute. The attendance will be 14'500, as I should think it's quite a small ground.

you forgot to mention that aquilani will get booked on 27 minutes for removing his shirt and swinging it around his head during his goal celebration, then receive a second yellow (which should be a straight red) on 43 minutes for a crunching two footed lunge on the macedonian left back.

the good news is that we still win despite playing the whole second half with 10 men.

Sh!t yeah I forgot that bit   :D .
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:47 pm

they play in the national stadium, its got 36,000 capacity.

Named it after the 2nd most famous Macedon, Philip II
JoeTerp

Postby europian-kings » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:52 pm

Cavalieri, Agger, Kyrgiakos, Skrtel, Kelly, Jovanovic, Lucas, Spearing, Amoo, Aquilani, Ngog. Subs: Gulacsi, Darby, Shelvey, Dalla Valle, Eccleston, Ayala, Ince.
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby LittleHobo » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:56 pm

a reasonably strong defence, which is wise

you dont wanna lose to these then have to struggle at home
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby dundreamin » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:08 pm

Were going to win 3-0 then the rest of Europe will be saying oh my god there back again. RAFA TAKE NOTE:p
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby PabloMedina28 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:11 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:I have heard of Ryan Cox but not Williams.  Raheem Sterling is pretty fast, so is Toni Silva; both technically gifted as well.  Amoo also has a lot of both pace and power, but needs to work on decision making and his delivery.

Haven't seen much of Silva ...is he any good ?
but young Raheem certainly looks quick and tricky ,for me although a technically blessed player Sterling needs to adapt his game more to incorporate passing rather than trying the spectacular on every occasion ... I Like Ngoo as well looks a decent player capable of giving a torrid time to any defender
Looking forward to watching the reserves this season Joe especially given we will be watching the talent of Suzo and to a lesser extent Bruna who needs to step up his game ,but is well capable of doing exactly that (his free kicks are brilliantly executed ).....All in all  its an exciting young team

Silva is electric. Typical Portuguese technique in a wonderkid, but with good size, strength, and pace.

I'm sure they will teach Raheem how to play with teammates overtime.  Its good to know that he has tricks up his sleeve if he needs em.  Would much rather have to put a leash on an overly creative player than to try and encourage someone to be more creative than they feel comfortable doing.

Ngoo is such an enigma.  He has soooo many qualities that make him absolutely unplayable when they are all working.  They played him on the left wing for a couple months last year, and it freaked me out seeing someone that tall out wide.  He is so deceptively nimble with his feet, sort of like Crouchie, maybe even better.

Bruna has actually been developing fine.  He was really making progress during last year, but then suffered an injury which really hurt his season, and then when he came back, they played him on the right, which is really his 3rd position.  His best position is behind the striker and thats where he is playing while Pacheco is away.  He scored and set up a goal against Oldham at the weekend though.  He also takes a mean set piece.  He is pretty good on the left too, but he has to be in a free flowing side to be effective out there because he is good at playing 1-2s, spotting runs and slipping in through balls.  He has enough of a trick on him to make room for a cross, but not enough pace to really put the fear of god into defenders when running at them.  Also his crossing is not currently at the same level as his dead ball delivery, but there haven't been a lot of great targets in the reserves lately either. He is capable of making some incredible touches; saw him trap a ball on a 60 yard goal kick like he was catching an egg once, it was pretty unreal. Needs to work on keeping his concentration level up for all 90 minutes as he can drift in an out of games, although that is sort of the nature of playing out wide.This is probably his make or break season though.  He might see a loan spell at some point and I hope he impresses.  All our wingers are in their late 20s, so hopefully a young one will step up.

Im really impressed with the crop of young talent we have now, i use 2 love watching the resrves on LFC.TV until i couldnt afford it anymore  :(

Shelvey, Wilson, Kelly, Pacheco, Suso, Amoo, Ngoo, Robinson, Ayala, Mavinga, Wisdom, Coady, Bruna, Silva, Sterling its amazing and gives confidence 4 the future

Forgive my ignorance but is thier a thread on the youngsters so i can keep up with thier development
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:12 pm

The other Macedonian team in the Europa league is currently 5-0 down to Swedish club Elfsborg
JoeTerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games