RABOTNICKI vs. LIVERPOOL (Europa League) - 29/7/2010

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Owzat » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:33 am

JoeTerp wrote:
bigmick wrote:Surely Pepe can play? I don't think he featured for Spain did he?

I think there is a mandatory 3 week holiday regardless of if you played in or not.  He was still training with the squad every day, and had to be prepared to go in for Iker if he got injured.  Pepe has played in all our league games for a bunch of years now.  I wouldn't want him going 22 straight months without a break.

He's had a break, he took a holiday in South Africa and watched his country win the World Cup from the stands!
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:35 am

NANNY RED wrote:Roy Hodgson admits he could yet call upon some of his World Cup stars ahead of Thursday's Europa League clash with FK Rabotnicki.

The Reds boss will once again consult his medical staff before deciding who will travel for the qualifier in Macedonia, but admits he could yet be tempted to call upon some of the more senior members of his squad.

"I don't know what to do at this stage," said Hodgson. "I will have to liaise with them and (head of sports science) Peter Brukner and make a decision by Tuesday on what sort of team I can put out.

"I can promise the Liverpool fans we will put out the best possible team, without compromising the future.

Maybe he's realised what I said the other day, it's his neck on the line and can he really afford to put all his eggs in one basket. If we're midtable and have only the FA Cup to look forward to after the third round of the League Cup then he might be more worried than if he has some kind of cup run under his belt. I'm sure he wasn't employed simply to win league games and nothing more

EDIT : of course not forgetting lost revenue from TV and home game gate receipts. There's no guarantee of home games in domestic cups, but Europe is TWO-LEGGED...............................
Last edited by Owzat on Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:38 pm

So the game is on our channel for definate is it ?

Is it slightly delayed ?
My mate text me before asking if the coverage is 15 minutes delayed.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Primetime » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:18 pm

Hey guys, I’m Rachael and I’m from Primetime. We’re a sports channel on Sky and as we’re pretty new I thought I’d come say hi. We’ll be showing the the FK Rabotnicki vs Liverpool FC match live Thursday 29th July. We kick off at 7:45pm live from Philip II Arena in Republic of Macedonia where Roy Hodgson’s boys will be battling it out. You can watch the match live exclusively on our channel (sky 480). If you want to know any more info at all please don’t hesitate to ask or you can visit our website www.primetimelive.co.uk
Primetime

Postby puroresu » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:00 pm

£4.99 to watch a Mickey Mouse cup qualifier.  No way would I pay for this.  I aint anti PPV but I only pay for things which I think are value for money.

The French Super Cup final between Marseille and PSG will be shown on LFC TV this Wednesday.

Now, on Wednesday night, LFC TV will again break new ground when we become the first club channel to show a major cup final live when we broadcast live coverage of the French Super Cup final between Marseille and Paris Saint-Germain. The match will be exclusive to LFC TV viewers in the UK, with commentary from our very own John Bradley and David Fairclough, and will give Reds fans the chance to not only see two top quality teams live in action but also get a good view of a PSG side that Liverpool could face in the Europa League this season.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/lates...live-on-lfc-tv
puroresu

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:25 pm

Owzat wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:
bigmick wrote:Surely Pepe can play? I don't think he featured for Spain did he?

I think there is a mandatory 3 week holiday regardless of if you played in or not.  He was still training with the squad every day, and had to be prepared to go in for Iker if he got injured.  Pepe has played in all our league games for a bunch of years now.  I wouldn't want him going 22 straight months without a break.

He's had a break, he took a holiday in South Africa and watched his country win the World Cup from the stands!

I don't know if your joking or not, but I am sure he was a lot more active on all the days that they didn't have games, and he had to warm up and be mentally prepared to enter a world cup match as a sub
JoeTerp

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:09 pm

I wouldn't bother taking any of the world cup players accept for Kyrgiakos and Jovanovic who have already been training for a few weeks. Go their and keep it tight and stuff them at Anfield in a weeks times.

Cavalieri

Darby        Kyrgiakos        Ayala        Kelly

Spearing
Degen       Aquilani          Lucas    Jovanovic

Ngog

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:52 am

Liverpool were taking a reasonably strong strong squad to Skopje for their first leg clash and both Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel were included in the travelling party.

The Reds’ England contingent of Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher, Glen Johnson and Joe Cole have remained behind on Merseyside.

Taken from link

I guess that means:

Cavalieri

Kelly        Kyrgiakos        Skrtel        Agger

Spearing        Lucas

Amoo                  Aquilani              Jovanovic

Ngog
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:57 pm

pick a team from this lot...

Cavalieri, Aquilani, Agger, Jovanovic, Kyrgiakos, Lucas, Wilson, Ngog, Spearing, Darby, Shelvey, Kelly, Skrtel, Eccleston, Ayala, Hansen, Gulacsi, Amoo, Dalla Valle, Ince.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Roy said he wouldn't bring senior players unless he was going to play them:

Cavalieri
Kelly    Skrtel     Kyrgiakos     Agger
Amoo     Lucas     Aquilani      Jovanovic/Eccleston
                            Eccleston/Jovanovic
              N'gog
JoeTerp

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:13 pm

Why are you all considering Kyrgiakos?Never heard that he will play.From the players that played in the WC I heard that only Agger, Skrtel and Jovanovic will play.The other names are only Lucas, Aquilani and N'Gog.The rest are youngsters that probably only Liverpool fans know.Since Roy said that he would like to rest players from the World Cup if possible, so Skrtel might stay on the bench.Agger and Jovanovic (especially Agger) must play becouse we have no one to replace them at the moment.So the line-up should look like this:

Cavalieri

Darby               Kelly                     Ayala              Agger

Amoo                      Lucas                                Aquilani                    Jovanovic

Eccleston

N’Gog

Subs:
Hansen/Gulasci
Skrtel
Wlison
Spearing
Shelvey
Dalla Valle
?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:15 pm

LFC TV are unable to broadcast Liverpool's Europa League third qualifying round tie against FK Rabotnicki in Macedonia on Thursday.

The exclusive television rights for this match are owned by the host club and they have chosen to sell them to Primetime TV, a pay-per-view broadcaster that can be accessed via Sky on channel 480. Coverage gets underway from 7.30pm.

Rights have been secured by LFC TV to show the game in full 72 hours after the event, when the TV broadcast will be simulcast on e-Season Ticket but restricted to UK only. We have no rights to show any on demand clips to e-Season Ticket holders.

The return leg at Anfield on Thursday, August 5 will be free to view on ITV4.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:17 pm

Just checked Primetime TV and they are charging £4.99.

Seriously
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:18 pm

If Roy wants to play all the senior players he brings then Skrtel will play on the place of Kelly and Kelly will go on the right with Darby on the bench.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:20 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Just checked Primetime TV and they are charging £4.99.

Seriously

The ticket for the game wasnt that expensive :)
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games