SWANSEA CITY VS LIVERPOOL: Monday 16th Sep SS1 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ethanr » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:09 pm

Just think tho... Suarez back and we could really be hard to beat. He adds a whole different demension to our game that no club can match or cope with easily.

If he could embed in well, we could be genuine contenders for fourth.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Sabre » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:09 pm

Good games, bad games, average games, we all have seen many of them.

But the important thing is not to drop many points, and Liverpool are on top of the table, which is a huge difference. Points is all I need.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:10 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:08 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:04 pm wrote: Aspas just looks like a lost school boy out there - doesn't look suited to the prem at all.

Complete waste of money imo.

Is this the Benny and Woof show ?
Four games in and you write off Aspas already ?
Exactly how many minutes of him playing are you basing that on ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:10 pm

ethanr » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:09 pm wrote:Just think tho... Suarez back and we could really be hard to beat. He adds a whole different demension to our game that no club can match or cope with easily.

Doesn't help us defending though or lack of control in the middle of the park - we couldn't get on the ball the second half.
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:11 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:08 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:04 pm wrote: Aspas just looks like a lost school boy out there - doesn't look suited to the prem at all.

Confirming my inital fears about him at the moment

Needs to adapt physically and quickly
Last edited by Benny The Noon on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benny The Noon

Postby redno7 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:12 pm

and there's the  "I told you so" from benny that he's been waiting to say ...

tut tut
Last edited by redno7 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:13 pm

Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:04 pm wrote:Well we are unbeaten still , top of the table still but that was a shocking second half - riding our luck a lot today and got away with a point. The second half was a mess , poor at the back. Sakho had a shocker , his mobility is really poor. Good saves again from Mignolet but needs to stop parrying it forwards , Skrtel made some immense tackles. Moses was bright. Sturridge did well as did Coutinho. Aspas just looks like a lost school boy out there - doesn't look suited to the prem at all. Midfield had no control in that game at all.

Big improvements are needed

Starting to have serious doubts about Aspas too to be honest.  I know it's early days but I just think he lacks quality and also the physical attributes to make a success of himself in the Premiership.  He didn't influence the game at all today and I think we might have nicked that had Coutinho stayed on - not that he was playing well either, but he occupies the thoughts of defenders because they fear him and it pegs them back, whereas they know Aspas has neither the speed, guile or strength to trouble them.

Disagree on Sakho's mobility, that looks one of his best attributes, his recovery pace and speed over the first few yards looks good.  Once he gets used to his team mates and the league I think he'll be a top player.  Positioning and decision making were poor today but that's understandable on his debut in a new league as a centre half.  Skrtel saved him a few times today, I'm not the big Slovak's biggest fan but that's two immense performances in a row.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:13 pm

Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:10 pm wrote:
ethanr » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:09 pm wrote:Just think tho... Suarez back and we could really be hard to beat. He adds a whole different demension to our game that no club can match or cope with easily.

Doesn't help us defending though or lack of control in the middle of the park - we couldn't get on the ball the second half.

the defence did okay considering we were under almost constant pressure. midfield was abysmal.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:13 pm

Think it was a fair result in the end. We had our positives and some negatives. Sturridge not fully fit, Coutinho getting injured, first choice RB out and a new CB making his debut should all be taken into consideration. I think game kinda highlighted the issue we may have with the depth in our squad. Not so much depth, but the quality of the players coming in when our first teamers are out. Still, a fantastic start to the season and with Suarez, Johnson, Agger to come back, we should hopefully push on.
Doeboy

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:13 pm

redno7 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:12 pm wrote:and there's the  "I told you so" from benny that he's been waiting to say ...

tut tut

Careful....one of the mods has agreed. Next thing you know, you'll get a warning, then a ban  :eyebrow
bunglemark2

Postby Sabre » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:14 pm

Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:11 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:08 pm wrote:

Confirming my inital fears about him

Cannot say both of you are wrong about his games so far. But he can do much better. The problem is that Liverpool is far bigger than Celta, and there's not much time, you have to deliver soon. I won't write him off because I have seen him doing better. But who knows what will happen.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:15 pm

bunglemark2 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:10 pm wrote:Four games in and you write off Aspas already ?
Exactly how many minutes of him playing are you basing that on ?

All of them.

:kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:16 pm

JC_81 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:13 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:04 pm wrote:Well we are unbeaten still , top of the table still but that was a shocking second half - riding our luck a lot today and got away with a point. The second half was a mess , poor at the back. Sakho had a shocker , his mobility is really poor. Good saves again from Mignolet but needs to stop parrying it forwards , Skrtel made some immense tackles. Moses was bright. Sturridge did well as did Coutinho. Aspas just looks like a lost school boy out there - doesn't look suited to the prem at all. Midfield had no control in that game at all.

Big improvements are needed

Starting to have serious doubts about Aspas too to be honest.  I know it's early days but I just think he lacks quality and also the physical attributes to make a success of himself in the Premiership.  He didn't influence the game at all today and I think we might have nicked that had Coutinho stayed on - not that he was playing well either, but he occupies the thoughts of defenders because they fear him and it pegs them back, whereas they know Aspas has neither the speed, guile or strength to trouble them.

Disagree on Sakho's mobility, that looks one of his best attributes, his recovery pace and speed over the first few yards looks good.  Once he gets used to his team mates and the league I think he'll be a top player.  Positioning and decision making were poor today but that's understandable on his debut in a new league as a centre half.  Skrtel saved him a few times today, I'm not the big Slovak's biggest fan but that's two immense performances in a row.

Skrtel was brilliant - was very unlucky with the first goal

But that tackle just before Bony was about to shoot was world class. Our best player today
Benny The Noon

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:16 pm

Well said Sabre....give the lad time : new country, new team, different philosophy.....sheesh, the naysayers having a field day but if Aspas DID score at the end, you wouldn't be able to shut them up....
bunglemark2

Postby JC_81 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:17 pm

Doeboy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:13 pm wrote:Think it was a fair result in the end. We had our positives and some negatives. Sturridge not fully fit, Coutinho getting injured, first choice RB out and a new CB making his debut should all be taken into consideration. I think game kinda highlighted the issue we may have with the depth in our squad. Not so much depth, but the quality of the players coming in when our first teamers are out. Still, a fantastic start to the season and with Suarez, Johnson, Agger to come back, we should hopefully push on.

Johnson has actually become one of our most important players imo.  When he plays we have much better shape and balance down the right side and he is effective defensively and in the attacking third.  Very underrated by some of our fans and England fans for that matter.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games