SWANSEA CITY VS LIVERPOOL: Monday 16th Sep SS1 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:17 pm

that wasnt an easy game for aspas to come into, our midfield had no control and the front players were living off scraps.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:18 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:13 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:10 pm wrote:
ethanr » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:09 pm wrote:Just think tho... Suarez back and we could really be hard to beat. He adds a whole different demension to our game that no club can match or cope with easily.

If he could embed in well, we could be genuine contenders for fourth.

Doesn't help us defending though or lack of control in the middle of the park - we couldn't get on the ball the second half.

the defence did okay considering we were under almost constant pressure. midfield was abysmal.

Exactly my thought. Suarez automatically adds pressure to the other team, just him on the pitch means they have to adjust differently. Sturridge clearly lacked pace today, probably because of his injury, and they played completely different because of it. They pushed up and put more pressure in the middle. With Suarez on the pitch, they always have to keep their eye on him. He can create something from nothing as well, even if we are being outplayed.

More offensive ability means less pressure on the defense.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:19 pm

Sabre » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:14 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:11 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:08 pm wrote:
Complete waste of money imo.

Confirming my inital fears about him

Cannot say both of you are wrong about his games so far. But he can do much better. The problem is that Liverpool is far bigger than Celta, and there's not much time, you have to deliver soon. I won't write him off because I have seen him doing better. But who knows what will happen.

Needs to adapt to the physical nature of the prem

He was just easily brushed aside anytime a Swansea player went to tackle him.
Benny The Noon

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:21 pm

Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:19 pm wrote:He was just easily brushed aside anytime a Swansea player went to tackle him.

To be fair you could say that about several of our players in the second half.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:21 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:17 pm wrote:that wasnt an easy game for aspas to come into, our midfield had no control and the front players were living off scraps.

Once Coutinho was off Swansea controlled the game
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:21 pm

ethanr » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:18 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:13 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:10 pm wrote:
Doesn't help us defending though or lack of control in the middle of the park - we couldn't get on the ball the second half.

the defence did okay considering we were under almost constant pressure. midfield was abysmal.

Exactly my thought. Suarez automatically adds pressure to the other team, just him on the pitch means they have to adjust differently. Sturridge clearly lacked pace today, probably because of his injury, and they played completely different because of it. They pushed up and put more pressure in the middle. With Suarez on the pitch, they always have to keep their eye on him. He can create something from nothing as well, even if we are being outplayed.

More offensive ability means less pressure on the defense.

But for Suarez to do his best work we need to supply him. For that to happen we really need the midfield to be in control of the ball more often .
Benny The Noon

Postby Sabre » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:22 pm

Well said Sabre....give the lad time : new country, new team, different philosophy.....sheesh, the naysayers having a field day but if Aspas DID score at the end, you wouldn't be able to shut them up....

I can understand woof's opinion about his games because those games have been poor. And he's a 10M player, which is a good amount of money. Telling whether he will make it or not in a top european club in a different county, is something difficult to foresay. I think he can do much better and that he's adapting, but then it's perfectly possible you get a Mark Gonzalez-ish failure. I think he'll make it but I may be wrong. But I wouldn't call a nay sayer someone who's asking a 10M player to deliver. He's not cheap, he's 26, and he's been signed to live up to his expectations about his career in a top club. He's not in Celta anymore he has to deliver the sooner the better.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:23 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:21 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:19 pm wrote:He was just easily brushed aside anytime a Swansea player went to tackle him.

To be fair you could say that about several of our players in the second half.

Definitely

Looked physically tired in that second half - maybe the pace is too high in the first half ?
Benny The Noon

Postby metalhead » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:23 pm

But for Suarez to do his best work we need to supply him. For that to happen we really need the midfield to be in control of the ball more often .

Hopefully with Coutinho's injury not so serious, having both of them in the field would be great
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:24 pm

FFS we are top of the league unbeaten and people STILL moaning if we won the prem FA and League cups the moaners would still be moaning because we never qualified for CL the previous season. So shut the f.uck up and enjoy the moment because we haven't had much to cheer about the last few years. I could of been dead now. But am not so I enjoy every moment I see my beloved club. Remember YNWA
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:24 pm

Benny The Noon

He was just easily brushed aside anytime a Swansea player went to tackle him.

he wasnt our biggest concern tonight, swansea were already dominating the game by the time he came on.
the fact lucas and gerrad were given a footballing lesson by j.j shelvey and leon brittain is more of a worry to me.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:25 pm

dundreamin » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:24 pm wrote:FFS we are top of the league unbeaten and people STILL moaning if we won the prem FA and League cups the moaners would still be moaning because we never qualified for CL the previous season. So shut the f.uck up and enjoy the moment because we haven't had much to cheer about the last few years. I could of been dead now. But am not so I enjoy every moment I see my beloved club. Remember YNWA

If you want to feel all ''happy clappy'' go join RAWK
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:26 pm

FFS we are top of the league unbeaten and people STILL moaning if we won the prem FA and League cups the moaners would still be moaning because we never qualified for CL the previous season. So shut the f.uck up and enjoy the moment because we haven't had much to cheer about the last few years. I could of been dead now. But am not so I enjoy every moment I see my beloved club. Remember YNWA
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby RedAnt » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:34 pm

What a tough game! I'm disappointed not to win, but that's a game we'd have lost last season.

Moses had a decent debut. Great in the first half.

Sahko was all over the place. Not sure about him. He has ability, but he was miles away today. It can't have been easy in such a back four, so lets hope he learned a lot.

2-2 is a good result in the grand scheme of things. Chins up :)
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Hustler 2 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:42 pm

I don't know how you can all be so positive, that was woeful.
Playing like that, we won't be top for long. So poor second half. We made Swansea look like Barcelona.
Letting them dominate play etc, our possesion was very poor.
Even in the first half, Swansea had a lot of chances.
Man Utd went there and won 1-4. You can only ride your luck for so long paying like that.
Moses and Hendo, and mignolet were Very good 1st half, and the only players who scored more than 4/10.
Enjoy top spot while it lasts. We will get found out very soon. The "hanging on for dear life" strategy we have for 2nd halfs is suicide.
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games