fulham v LIVERPOOL Sun Dec 13th 4.30pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby electrum » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:27 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:36 pm wrote:Thats just 2 points we’ve accrued from a possible 9 against the likes of Villa, Brighton and now Fulham. We should be walking this league.

Maybe the players are thinking the same thing - even subconsciously? And that's why we almost (and should have) got battered today. Sorry to say it but we got away with murder in the first half.

We should not need to be jolted into action at 40mins because the manager has been apoplectic for 35 of them.

The results went our way with Spurs and Chelsea and CIty and United...we should have had the foot to the floor from the first second and put all the pressure on spurs to come try for a result. As it is we will likely hear about another "Mourhino masterclass " aka as antifootballing dogsh-- when they park the bus for a 0-0 on Wednesday.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:22 pm

Really poor stuff today from far to many on the pitch. The state of the passing, non existing pressing and the aimless hoofing at space. We might have been the better side second half but it was still shyte.

We still have a massive problem with the lack of quality in the midfield and ability to be creative. It's like we play with none or they are only allowed to go sideways till the hooooofff. Wtf is wrong with that Thiago lad anyway?

Our squad is poor. On paper we have lots of great names but are still struggling to bring on any sort of quality from the bench. Keita, Shaq and Ox need to be binned off soon as because their injury records make atrocious reading and are never going to be any different. What is the point of having such unreliable players if they are never available or don't last pi$$ing time when they are. Origi needs to go as well as he is either that stupid or just couldn't give a fook. 

Its games like this that cost you a title. Fuming after that :angry:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:27 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:17 pm wrote:Jones is starting to look like a real LFC player. Strong performance today.

TBH , he gets on my f*cking wick ! Talented ? Yes , BUT often seems to be trying to play up to the hype that has surrounded him . Seems to me he's playing for himself most of the time, attempting stuff that just isn't on.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:02 pm

It's going to be a funny old season isn't it? Everyone is inconsistent and you won't need anything near 90 odd points to win the League. City, Utd, Chelsea, Spurs and ourselves all looked flat this weekend. I think we'll see plenty more awful performances and dropped points through the season from all clubs.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:29 am

First half was abymsal and at times I was fearing a repeat of the Villa match. Glad we got a draw out of this one, didn't deserve it imo.

Had a chance to capitalise but didn't take it. Like many said this season is a odd one and it will be a tight battle. Anyone of close to top could win it. I think winners will probably have about mid 80 points.

For us it's obvious injuries will screw us over. If Mane or Salah are out I'd say we are royally screwed.

I'm just hoping we keep up with the pace come March time.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:27 am

redshade » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:29 am wrote:First half was abymsal and at times I was fearing a repeat of the Villa match. Glad we got a draw out of this one, didn't deserve it imo.

Had a chance to capitalise but didn't take it. Like many said this season is a odd one and it will be a tight battle. Anyone of close to top could win it. I think winners will probably have about mid 80 points.

For us it's obvious injuries will screw us over. If Mane or Salah are out I'd say we are royally screwed.

I'm just hoping we keep up with the pace come March time.

What happens in January could be the difference between us winning or losing the title, I know the argument against bringing players in is that when everyone is fit it’s going to be hard to keep them all happy but as RTID says hand on heart we have a lot of players on the fringe of our squad who are either just not quite good enough (Origi, Minamino etc) or are talented but ridiculously injury prone (Shaq, Naby, Ox, Joel etc).
To stay at the top we need quality players we can rely on
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:24 am

I hate to criticise Klopp but that was a complete fk up. He has winged and moaned to the extent of tedium about player injures and the need for 5 subs and yet when he had the opportunity to rest players against Midtjylland he uses virtually everybody. The players looked knackered and it was no wonder that we struggled to get a draw against an improving pumped up Fulham.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:08 am

devaney » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:24 am wrote:I hate to criticise Klopp but that was a complete fk up. He has winged and moaned to the extent of tedium about player injures and the need for 5 subs and yet when he had the opportunity to rest players against Midtjylland he uses virtually everybody. The players looked knackered and it was no wonder that we struggled to get a draw against an improving pumped up Fulham.

Sure it had something to do with the money involved. It's 2.5mil for a win in the CL group stages and 800K for a draw, and I presume nothing for losing.

I agree that the Midtjylland game was an opportunity to leave players at home and guard against cumulative fatigue over the course of the season. But I'm not sure how much affect it had on the Fulham performance considering there was a full 3 days recovery and it was only Trent and Salah from our starting 11 against Fulham who played 90 mins. Fabinho played 45 mins, Robertson and Henderson 30 mins, Firmino 20 mins, and Mane only 3 mins. Alison, Matip, Wijnaldum and Jones didn’t feature at all. It might just be that all the extra games are catching up with the teams who feature in Europe as it was only Leicester who managed to win this weekend.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:51 pm

Cool Hand Luke » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:08 am wrote:
devaney » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:24 am wrote:I hate to criticise Klopp but that was a complete fk up. He has winged and moaned to the extent of tedium about player injures and the need for 5 subs and yet when he had the opportunity to rest players against Midtjylland he uses virtually everybody. The players looked knackered and it was no wonder that we struggled to get a draw against an improving pumped up Fulham.

Sure it had something to do with the money involved. It's 2.5mil for a win in the CL group stages and 800K for a draw, and I presume nothing for losing.

I agree that the Midtjylland game was an opportunity to leave players at home and guard against cumulative fatigue over the course of the season. But I'm not sure how much affect it had on the Fulham performance considering there was a full 3 days recovery and it was only Trent and Salah from our starting 11 against Fulham who played 90 mins. Fabinho played 45 mins, Robertson and Henderson 30 mins, Firmino 20 mins, and Mane only 3 mins. Alison, Matip, Wijnaldum and Jones didn’t feature at all. It might just be that all the extra games are catching up with the teams who feature in Europe as it was only Leicester who managed to win this weekend.

I think there was a need to protect the kids mid-week as well. They were beginning to panic at the start of the second half and that sort of experience could put them off for a long time. They needed help. The other apart from the worst run of injuries possibly ever witnessed (now more than 1 player per game) is the recovery from injuries - it takes time,  a lot of players take a while before they get back to their A game.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:55 pm

It was a very luck draw, awful performance and once again dropped two points its outcome will prove valuable by end of the season.. If we play like that against Spuds will get a good hammering at home!!!

The team main problem is the useless twin of Firmino & Salah, both they contribute f*ck all to the team, Klopp must be blind or crazy for not rectify it urgently, we know the horrible injury list is getting longer by each game, Matip is a f*cking sick note, plays one game the next ten he is out. Klopp must take full responsibility for this shambles he did not plan well in the summer, he has refused to bring top quality players, apart from Jota.

The players who did very well were; Jones, Robbo, Fabibho,Henderson, and Minamino

Good luck lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:09 am

Tommy Smith » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:55 pm wrote:It was a very luck draw, awful performance and once again dropped two points its outcome will prove valuable by end of the season.. If we play like that against Spuds will get a good hammering at home!!!

The team main problem is the useless twin of Firmino & Salah, both they contribute f*ck all to the team, Klopp must be blind or crazy for not rectify it urgently, we know the horrible injury list is getting longer by each game, Matip is a f*cking sick note, plays one game the next ten he is out. Klopp must take full responsibility for this shambles he did not plan well in the summer, he has refused to bring top quality players, apart from Jota.

The players who did very well were; Jones, Robbo, Fabibho,Henderson, and Minamino

Good luck lads

Bet Xmas is a f'kin hoot at your house, sunshine  :rasp
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games