LIVERPOOL VS FIORIENTINA - Anfield wednesday 09/12/09 ko 7.45pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:01 am

Good points from last night Cavilari, Pacheco and Dossena played really well. bad points Dirk Kuyt upfront I dont know why Rafa is continuing to play him, I love dirk for all his hard work and endevour, but he needs a rest for gods sake, we could still be playing now and he still wouldnt have scored.
Even if we get horseface in january Kuyt will not be dropped for him.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:08 am

Could have won 8 nill playing our first XI and it wouldn't have changed anything other than wearing some players out before playing Arsenal at the weekend.  There are a lot of fans that give Rafa :censored: about not playing local homegrown youngsters, and this was the perfect time to play Darby. Also, the perfect time to play Aquilani and Pacheco, perfect time to give Torres a comeback 30 minute warm up, perfect time to play Dossena on the left, perfect time to give Carra, Reina, and Johnson a rest. I would have wanted to get Aurelio some work at LB, but maybe Rafa is just saving him for Arsenal.

on three occasions we were an inch or 2 away from connecting on headers that would have given us the 2nd goal.
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:12 am

yes Kuyt is not meant to play upfront, I am pretty sure Rafa knows this, and that is why he plays on the right most of the time. N'gog was either ill or picked up a knock, and Torres wasn't fit for 90, Babel's foot is hurt and may or may not be iced out, Voronin is rightfully iced out, who the hell else is there?  Pacheco can't play that far forward, Eccleston would have been more out of his depth than Kuyt
JoeTerp

Postby Judge » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:18 am

extremely dissillusioned.

3 wins out of 14 in ALL competitions
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:24 am

JoeTerp wrote:yes Kuyt is not meant to play upfront, I am pretty sure Rafa knows this, and that is why he plays on the right most of the time. N'gog was either ill or picked up a knock, and Torres wasn't fit for 90, Babel's foot is hurt and may or may not be iced out, Voronin is rightfully iced out, who the hell else is there?  Pacheco can't play that far forward, Eccleston would have been more out of his depth than Kuyt

Them tactics have to change them tactics only work with torres and gerrard playing and both havent played together for the last 11 games since Chelsea away. So why are we sticking with the same tactics if they are not working?
Kuyt cannot play upfront on his own Blackburn away and last night if we can see it why cant rafa?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:34 am

Emerald Red wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:I watched an interview with Rafa at the end of the game and you have to ask what bleedin' planet he lives on. The interviewer asked a simple question, for an honest assessment of the overall campaign. The answer should have been simple and straightforward : "We / I phucked up. We were [email=cr@p.....]cr@p.....[/email]" or words to that effect.
Yet he STILL somehow managed to say the usual "We created some good chances..."
Rafa, you cabbage - "chances" do not win matches. GOALS do, you divvy...
This campaign, this season, has been nothing short of muck. The players have been muck. The attitude has been muck. The lack of application an embarrassment, nay, a disgrace.

Because the interviewer after the game was just being a complete pleb with predectable, boring questions. Why not ask about something more constructive instead of really jabbing the knife in instead? Rafa should have just told him tof fuck clean off and taken a fine for it.

???

Predictable questions ? What the hell do you expect him to ask Rafa then - are you happy with the result ? or with the fact that you are now the laughing stock of the Top 4 ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:37 am

JoeTerp wrote:yes Kuyt is not meant to play upfront, I am pretty sure Rafa knows this, and that is why he plays on the right most of the time. N'gog was either ill or picked up a knock, and Torres wasn't fit for 90, Babel's foot is hurt and may or may not be iced out, Voronin is rightfully iced out, who the hell else is there?  Pacheco can't play that far forward, Eccleston would have been more out of his depth than Kuyt

i undertsand that thought process mate, but to be honest I would rather play a frozen out voronin that kuyt in that game last night. In recent games kuyt has looked really tired and in need of a rest. I understand the "but who else is there' - but for me resting kuyt for arsenal is more important than playing him last night instead of voronin
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shawnk » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:09 am

Aquaman is definitely the better type of player to replace Lucas from last night's game. Although he doesn't look physically fit for the game (which I blame Rafa for not giving him enough chance to play in competitive match), he played a better offensive passing game as well as being comfortable with the ball when he's closing in by the opponent. One touch football and off the ball running that pulls opponents with him to make space for other players.

Not a world class player (yet) but definitely suits better with Masch and Gerrard. He should play some part of Arsenal game and at least 30 minutes run out.
shawnk

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:48 am

Did anyone listen to the Collymore phonein last night , Fecking brilliant, i was listening in the car after the match, Some lad rang in who just been the game an let rip at him ,  :laugh: Said he was a t.wat an even some of the players in the dressing room when he was there ,ie Fowler Jones , said he was a bad blert in the dressing room an all. Stanley went into one an so did the lad , I was cheering in the car shouting go ed lad , Brilliant,

An i got fecking soaked last night  :(
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:36 pm

Positives

Caverlri - solid all night
Dossena - he looked pretty decent and wasnt sh.it
Aquilani - showed some encouraging signs
Gerrard- starting to look sharp
Torres - he was on the pitch
Pacheco - looked like he can fit in nicely

Negatives

We fecking lost another late goal
Individual errors at the back
Both fullbacks shocking
Insua needs to either be rested or dropped and get aurelio there
Kuyt is not a lone striker
Benny The Noon

Postby Owzat » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:05 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Did anyone listen to the Collymore phonein last night , Fecking brilliant, i was listening in the car after the match, Some lad rang in who just been the game an let rip at him ,  :laugh: Said he was a t.wat an even some of the players in the dressing room when he was there ,ie Fowler Jones , said he was a bad blert in the dressing room an all. Stanley went into one an so did the lad , I was cheering in the car shouting go ed lad , Brilliant,

An i got fecking soaked last night  :(

I wouldn't listen to that t w a t any more than I have to, thankfully it is rare I have to. Shame we can't have his name stricken from records and deny he ever played for us.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:07 pm

I though we actually played ok, especially in the second half. The result was irrelevant to me really.

Dossena played well and Pacheco looked exciting when he came on. Hopefully he'll be on the bench on Sunday. Gerrard also looked sharper than he has for a while and his crossing from set plays was a million times better than it has been recently.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby beng » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:09 pm

players' efforts in the game versus FIORIENTINA
http://www.voteplayers.com/Matches....51.aspx
beng

Postby tonyeh » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:21 pm

Ciggy wrote:

Them tactics have to change them tactics only work with torres and gerrard playing and both havent played together for the last 11 games since Chelsea away. So why are we sticking with the same tactics if they are not working?
Kuyt cannot play upfront on his own Blackburn away and last night if we can see it why cant rafa?

Agreed 100%

I've been saying this since last year, when Keane was fecked out on his own up top and everybody else was knocking around in their own half.

It only works (and not all the time by any degree) when the formation is used with Gerrard and Torres. Without that connection, it's a dead duck.

This 4-5-1 business is killing us and it's been a problem long before now.
tonyeh

Postby Boocity » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:45 pm

I was going to say kuyts lost his form from last year but was last year just a one off c os if I remember right he was getting a right slgging off previously.

Insua was shocking last night, we need Fabio back there.

Dossena look pretty good on the left and put in some decent crosses.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games