Liverpool VS WBA 27/1 19.45pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:40 pm

I'll start the ball rolling with this one folks. After the debacle against Swansea, this is a trophy we can realistically win. We need to bounce back sharpish.

Will Klopp rotate with the Huddersfield game on Tuesday!? I'd go with :..

Karius
Gomez Matip Lovren Robertson
Oxlade-Chamberlain wjnaldum Can
Salah firminho Mane

This team virtually picks itself

Prediction 2-0.

Amen :p
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:59 pm

Klopp has already confirmed that Mignolet will start. Also said Lallana and Klavan are out and Milner is a doubt. Henderson and Moreno back in training. Wonder if we might hold a few back for Tuesday (Gomez, Matip, Robertson, Can, Mane and Firmino)?

Mignolet

Trent     Lovren     van Dijk     Moreno

Henderson
                  Ox     Wij

Salah          Woodburn
                   Solanke
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:37 pm

Think Ings is set to be given his 1st start under Klopp in this one. I think he should as he needs as many minutes as he can get if we plan on using him for the rest of the season. Throwing a lad on with 5 or 10 minutes to go every 2 months and expecting him to make a difference won't work.
Van DIjk has to start as he needs to get to grips with whats around him. Himself and Matip look like a decent pairing but I would rest Joel and throw Lovren in. Not sure if he is available though as he was ill. Probably just sick we signed Virgil tbh.
Do we want to progress in this ? If so we cannot afford to be complacent and make wholesale changes if they are not needed. West Brom will want to go as far as they can so hopefully we want it more as it is a decent chance at a trophy.

Mingolet.

T.A.A             V.V.D                   Lovren     Robertson.

Can.

Oxlade                                Firmino.

Mane                        Ings                      Lallana.

If things aren't going so well we have the option to bring on Salah and Wijnaldum. If they are then we can afford some minutes to the likes of Solanke, Henderson and Moreno.
Its on BT sport 2 and I think BBC as well for anyone wondering.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:15 pm

It's not on BBC.

Klopp may opt for TAA or Solanke or Ings also.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:21 pm

Lets get past these lot and continue to progress in this tournament. Ings should start and I'm hoping he gets a goal.
Going to be tricky against Pardews boredom side but we should have enough to beat them.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:34 am

A lot hinges on what team Klopp fields as well, as to the outcome.

If he rotates and plays solanke or Ings, it could be a long match. If we go full strength, we can blow these away.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:42 am

Why would Ings starting be good for us? He's gonna be rusty as hell...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:09 pm

I hope Jurgen doesn't rotate too much, the FA Cup is undoubtably our best chance of winning any silverware this season.
Over the past decade we have won the grand total of 1 League Cup which is just not good enough for a club of our stature.
Wigan's FA Cup win under Martinez back in 2013 is more impressive than anything we have won in the last 10 years.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:54 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:09 pm wrote:I hope Jurgen doesn't rotate too much, the FA Cup is undoubtably our best chance of winning any silverware this season.
Over the past decade we have won the grand total of 1 League Cup which is just not good enough for a club of our stature.
Wigan's FA Cup win under Martinez back in 2013 is more impressive than anything we have won in the last 10 years.

Wonder how many of those Wigan fans would trade in their FA Cup to still be in PL and not in League One.

We can't dismiss the FA cup but we have bigger fish to fry right now. We should be rotating and if we can get deap into the competition we can field stronger sides.
Eagle

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:58 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:09 pm wrote:I hope Jurgen doesn't rotate too much, the FA Cup is undoubtably our best chance of winning any silverware this season.

Yup our best chance for silverware indeed. With a game on Tuesday i feel Klopp will have to rotate but i can't see him doing drastic changes.

He may give Firmino a rest and play Ings. Also probably TAA maybe given the nod this evening.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:26 pm

Eagle » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:54 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:09 pm wrote:I hope Jurgen doesn't rotate too much, the FA Cup is undoubtably our best chance of winning any silverware this season.

Wonder how many of those Wigan fans would trade in their FA Cup to still be in PL and not in League One.

We can't dismiss the FA cup but we have bigger fish to fry right now. We should be rotating and if we can get deap into the competition we can field stronger sides.

Flipping heck mate are you saying that we should be grateful that we are a top flight club now?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:19 pm

Why not try and win the thing and dont risk elemination with a second rate 11.

You know buck the trend and give the club and its supporters a trophy, dont constantly monetise the game and give everything to win it.

WBA will rotate but thats no excuse we are at home and a club very capable of winning this competition.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:22 pm

maguskwt » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:42 am wrote:Why would Ings starting be good for us? He's gonna be rusty as hell...

He needs minutes Mags. Sturridge looks like he is on his way out and that just leaves him and Solanke as cover For Firmino. Lallana is injured again and we are only one or two more away from having to use him.
I agree he is rusty but I'd sooner see him get that out of his system now than in a must win league match.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:43 pm

Team to play West Brom: Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Moreno, Can, Wijnaldum, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mane, Salah, Firmino

Subs: Ward, Gomez, Lovren, Ings, Solanke, Milner, Henderson
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:50 pm

Strong team excellent  :buttrock
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games