Liverpool VS Porto 6/3 19.45pm k.o.

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:49 pm

parchpea » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:43 pm wrote:Like a friendly game hopefully bit more action against the Kop or Im off to bed  :sleepy:

Your bed time was 7pm
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:01 pm

Remarkable how our the old jitters start to return to our defence once VVD is taken out. Moreno and Lovern both have several f**k ups in them. Wouldn't be surprised if they dropped a goal
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:33 pm

Im in bed now I reckon we are safely through, no jitters  :nod

If Ings scores Porto may as well fold the club and confirmation for Casillas its time to wrap up.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:28 pm

Bore draw. Was gonna give this game a miss as I was expecting a flat tempo. Uneventful, but watched anyway. No offence, but Emre Can is average at best, and I won't be sad to see him leave in the summer.

My midfield for Saturday would be Oxlade-Chamberlain, Hendo and wjnaldum.

Move onto Saturday.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:40 am

Job done onto the last 8 looking forward to the draw.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:35 pm

To be fair it must have been a tricky game for the players to play in, even Porto made a raft of changes, they'd given up the ghost themselves. No matter how good a pro you are you're not going to bust a gut when the result is already in the bag.
As others have said the game was dull and our performance was flat but I'd much rather have that than one of those agonising last 20's where we are hanging on by our fingernails. No good for your heart those f**kers.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:45 pm

If the purpose of that game was hiding our attacking prowess from the rest of Europe then it worked perfectly,if it was to make the atmosphere as flat as the performance then the plan was carried out to the letter.

Kudos to Porto's traveling support they were noisy throughout ,which in all honesty kept most of us from drifting into a deep slumber. All in all a complete non event that made the fans gathered inside Anfield  forget which competition we were actually playing in,so another pointer towards the Porto fans for the reminder  ??? I know I sound like someone who paid money to watch our players passing the ball back to Karius and then passing the ball back to Karius and then .............................How cheated would I feel this morning if that was the case  :angry:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games