LIVERPOOL vs Chelsea - Sun 27 April 2014 - KO 2.05pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:42 pm

I'm going over for this game. Couldn't have picked a more nerve wracking game. But I'm up for it if the 11 in the red are. Hopefully will have one or two pints of foaming ale to celebrate three points afterwards.
YNWA.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby only me » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:05 pm

Peter Chech injured and subbed in the CL game against Madrid.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:20 pm

and now John Terry off injured loool  :grinning:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:35 pm

only me » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:17 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:09 pm wrote:If offered now, would you take a draw?

Give us a palace win and you got a deal

That's the point, we don't know what's going to happen against Palace because they'll be just as difficult and we're only allowed to lose 2 points.

Anyway, I'm glad that Atkinson is the ref. Him and Clattenburg rarely have a bad game with us.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:12 pm

bunglemark2 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:42 pm wrote:I'm going over for this game. Couldn't have picked a more nerve wracking game. But I'm up for it if the 11 in the red are. Hopefully will have one or two pints of foaming ale to celebrate three points afterwards.
YNWA.

just one or two  :lookaround  break out lad!!  :laugh:
fantastic game to get to mate  :nod  at this stage of the season and taking into account whats at stake id say you will be in for a real treat. the atmosphere alone in the city and stadium will be buzzing  :buttrock
i have to say im a tad jealous  :blush:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:29 pm

Apparently Mourinho has said that Cech's season is over and Terry will more than likely miss the rest of the league campaign  but may be fit for the CL final if Chelsea get there.
Interesting if true, especially if the F.A get their @rses into gear and ban Ramirez.
I reckon Hazard will play against us though.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:36 pm

Just read that the delay in charging Ramirez is because the F.A are in discussions with lawyers about Mourinho's comments, apparently it's hard to prove that he was being sarcastic
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:37 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:12 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:42 pm wrote:I'm going over for this game. Couldn't have picked a more nerve wracking game. But I'm up for it if the 11 in the red are. Hopefully will have one or two pints of foaming ale to celebrate three points afterwards.
YNWA.

just one or two  :lookaround  break out lad!!  :laugh:
fantastic game to get to mate  :nod  at this stage of the season and taking into account whats at stake id say you will be in for a real treat. the atmosphere alone in the city and stadium will be buzzing  :buttrock
i have to say im a tad jealous  :blush:

A gift from the missus at Xmas...who could have known, eh?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby laza » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:35 am

Minds games ???

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is ready to make wholesale changes to his starting XI for Sunday's crucial Premier League encounter with Liverpool.

The Blues drew 0-0 with Atletico Madrid on Tuesday night in the first leg of their UEFA Champions League semi-final, but the result came at a heavy cost to the Stamford Bridge club.

Goalkeeper Petr Cech will not play again this season after suffering a shoulder injury in the first half, with captain John Terry facing a similar fate after limping out in the second period with a foot problem.

Midfield duo Frank Lampard and John Obi Mikel were booked during the match, ruling them out of the second leg in west London next Wednesday.

Prior to that game, Chelsea head to Anfield looking to cut the five-point gap to Liverpool in the final three matches of the season.

But after the 2-1 home defeat to Sunderland last time out in domestic action Mourinho has admitted he now wants to prioritise his quest for continental glory, a decision which may upset Manchester City, who are still battling for the title too.

The Portuguese coach will consult the Chelsea hierarchy before deciding which players to field at Anfield, with his preference to opt for those who will not feature against Atletico next Wednesday due to the proximity of the matches.

"I know what I would do, but I'm not the club. I have to speak with the club. I would play with the players that are not going to play Wednesday."

Jose Mourinho

"I can't decide by myself," Mourinho said.

"I think that's a decision I have to listen the club. I'm just a piece, I'm just the manager and no more than that.

"I have to listen to the club. I think the fact that the match is on Sunday I think puts the problem not in my hands.

"We represent English football and we are the only English team that is European competition. Spain has four and gave them all the conditions to try to have success.

"I know what I would do, but I'm not the club. I have to speak with the club.

"I would play with the players that are not going to play Wednesday."
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:39 am

Don't think Maureen is joking...sure it's mind games but it is obvious that he sees winning the CL as a priority over winning the league, and with all 3 games coming so close to each other, as soon as they lose to Sunderland most could see that they have a better chance to win CL than the league. I just hoped they play a stinker this Sunday then get stuffed by Simeone's side next Wed...and City dropping points against Palace will do nicely!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:47 am

could work against us, if he plays with his strongest side they will have one eye on the CL match, however, if he brings in squad players then they will be out to impress to get into the CL team
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:06 am

Hardly worth listening to a word that falls out of Bourinho's oversized mouth. We will just have to wait and see. Personally if anybody believes he won't be going all out to get three points is just a tad deluded. The thought of him basically giving up on the league title is ludicrous and fortunately Liverpool are sensible enough to know that. His mind games really are becoming more pathetic by the hour.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby TheLad » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:06 am

I hate to play against chelsea, it makes me sick to think about the game already. Mourinho is playing mind games clearly, his club wouldn't let him go away with resting his key players. Actually playing against a B side would backfire on us, putting on the players even more pressure. Mind games, no more than that, trying to distract our players.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:17 am

pressure is high but objectively (not that i'm one) Chelsea are going into this game with weaker cards and motivation. They just lost one of their best players (chech) ,probably their leading CB ,They have injuries to their leading Striker ETO and MF Hazard ,potentially Ramires is banned and they have to field their strongest lineup against Madrid on a higher stake game.

With all that said and done ,it's all about us and our preparation to the game ,come mentally prepared and we will eat them for lunch no matter who plays. We have the 12th man available (The Fans) and that should do the trick.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:42 am

Losing Terry and Cech is a huge blow for the chavs. Hopefully Hazard will not be fit either.

Edit: Sky are also reporting that Mourinho wants to REST first team players for this match, but its not his decision...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games