LIVERPOOL VS BLACKBURN ROVERS - Must win

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby liverpoolusfan » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:33 pm

I want to know what's going to change from last week to this week. If Roy starts the same team especially with Cole and Maxi on the wings. this team is screwed.

We need pace on the wings because about halfway through the first half, this team will be devoid of ideas on how to attack and everything gets boxed in the middle as the lads play rousing game of "you do something with it because I can only pass sideways" routine. No one has any clue on how to breakdown a defense on this team and passing to the wings is pointless as neither Maxi or Cole seem to have the pace to beat their men down the line or chose not to even try.

It's so sad with internationals like Gerrard,Torres, Raul and even Cole that this team has no clue on how to get the offense started after the intial wave of excitement dies down in the first few minutes of the game.

And if Poulsen or Lucas starts then forget about any kind of creativity being employed as both players hit an apparent invisible force field just over the middle of the field that prevents them from moving forward.

Other than set pieces how many goals has this team scored from open play this season in the league? Not too many I imagine but will Hodgson change anything from last week? Not likely.
liverpoolusfan

Postby Masch79 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:52 pm

Right, come on you mighty reds!  Assuming Agger is still injured I'd like to see:

Pepe
Johnson    Carra     Kyrgy   Konchesky
Meireles    Gerrard   Lucas      Jova
               Ngog     Torres

At times the above could end up 3-1-4-2 with Lucas sitting, Meireles coming inside and Johnson pushing on to provide width. Jova obviously to provide some width & energy on the left. Close call between Skrtel & the big Grock but Soto seems the most consistent imo.

However, I think we are more likely to see:

Johnson     Carra   Skrtel     Konchesky
Maxi        Gerrard    Poulsen     Cole
               Meireles
                      Torres

or as it ends up

Pepe
Johnson  Carra  Skyrtel  Konchesky
               Poulsen
           Maxgerreileole
               Torres

I really hope Poulsen doesn't play but even if he does 2-1 us.
Masch79

Postby RedSi35 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:08 pm

All the speculation in the world isnt going to change the fact the teqm will most likely be

Reina

Carra
Greek
Skyrtel
Konchesky

Maxi
Poulsen
Lucas
Cole

Gerrard

Torres
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:14 pm

Dont agree with him on Kelly here , not at all, and i would of started him, im sorry but its stupid comments like this that send me fecking mad. Martin Kelly inexperienced ,feckin hell Roy

Hodgson's injury update
23rd Oct 2010 - Latest News

Roy Hodgson has revealed that Glen Johnson faces a race against time to be fit for Sunday's Barclays Premier League clash with Blackburn Rovers.

The England international missed last weekend's Merseyside derby with an ankle problem and he is currently receiving treatment at Melwood.

Should Johnson fail to make it then Hodgson will switch Jamie Carragher to right back.

"Glen is trying to be fit but it's not looking good for Sunday at this moment in time," Hodgson told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"I haven't ruled him out yet but I was hoping that when we returned from Napoli he would have been able to train on Friday. Unfortunately that's not the case so we will have to see.

"If Glen doesn't play then Jamie will play at right-back. Carragher will play anywhere you ask him and he is just a marvellous Liverpool player and club servant. He and Steven Gerrard are what Liverpool is all about.

"Jamie is a centre back and that is where I think he should be playing. I don't like having to move him to full-back but it would be wrong to put young Kelly into the team and leave someone like Kyrgiakos or Skrtel out. We need the experience."

With Daniel Agger already ruled out the likes of Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard and Raul Meireles will return to the starting line-up against Blackburn after being rested for the Europa League tie in Napoli.

Hodgson added: "Daniel had the calf problem and then felt sick so he has no chance of featuring on Sunday."
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:26 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Dont agree with him on Kelly here , not at all, and i would of started him, im sorry but its stupid comments like this that send me fecking mad. Martin Kelly inexperienced ,feckin hell Roy

Hodgson's injury update
23rd Oct 2010 - Latest News

Roy Hodgson has revealed that Glen Johnson faces a race against time to be fit for Sunday's Barclays Premier League clash with Blackburn Rovers.

The England international missed last weekend's Merseyside derby with an ankle problem and he is currently receiving treatment at Melwood.

Should Johnson fail to make it then Hodgson will switch Jamie Carragher to right back.

"Glen is trying to be fit but it's not looking good for Sunday at this moment in time," Hodgson told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"I haven't ruled him out yet but I was hoping that when we returned from Napoli he would have been able to train on Friday. Unfortunately that's not the case so we will have to see.

"If Glen doesn't play then Jamie will play at right-back. Carragher will play anywhere you ask him and he is just a marvellous Liverpool player and club servant. He and Steven Gerrard are what Liverpool is all about.

"Jamie is a centre back and that is where I think he should be playing. I don't like having to move him to full-back but it would be wrong to put young Kelly into the team and leave someone like Kyrgiakos or Skrtel out. We need the experience."

With Daniel Agger already ruled out the likes of Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard and Raul Meireles will return to the starting line-up against Blackburn after being rested for the Europa League tie in Napoli.

Hodgson added: "Daniel had the calf problem and then felt sick so he has no chance of featuring on Sunday."

Oh dear is that what he really said? So how does one get experience if not playing at some time? I really don't get the Bull$hit managers are feeding the fans. Carrager is a Crappy RB he is barely a decent CB this season so why not go for a natural RB? I might be a bit paranoid but it seems Roy is playing more and more politics (With Cara and Gerrard) and less managing the team. I really hope i'm wrong.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:39 pm

An people wonder why he gets jumped on when he comes out with things like that, ,When is he gonna learn to keep his mouth shut
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:14 am

Yeah thats it roy, give the :censored: team away why dont you.

Hey sam mate, im playing carragher at right back on sunday, hes a little slow these days, please go easy on him eh?

Buffooooooon :(
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:12 am

Once again the posting descends into the surreal as people fall over themselves to put the boot into our manager. "Martin kelly inexperienced"? How fecking dare he say that? He's played at least six or seven first team games in his career. And fancy advertising the fact we might play Carra when he's quite slow. Kelly on the other hand is a whippet in disguise obviously. And fancy playing a centre half out of position when we could quite easily play Kelly, who is a centre half out of position. I cannot think of another recent Liverpool manager who would have opted for Carragher at right back in preference to Kelly, neither can I think of one who would move the "best holding midfielder in the World" to right back in preference to Kelly.

Cop yourselves on for fecks sake.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:20 am

RedSi35 wrote:Yeah thats it roy, give the :censored: team away why dont you.

Hey sam mate, im playing carragher at right back on sunday, hes a little slow these days, please go easy on him eh?

can we stop using roy as a scapegoat. Yes he fecked up the transfers. But its the players now. We have new owners there should be no excuses to be sulking.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:06 am

rocky29 wrote:
RedSi35 wrote:Yeah thats it roy, give the :censored: team away why dont you.

can we stop using roy as a scapegoat. Yes he fecked up the transfers. But its the players now. We have new owners there should be no excuses to be sulking.

A lot of the fans aren't using him as a 'scapegoat' but if you look at our top 6 or 7 players we have:

Reina
Johnson
Gerrard
Meireles
Torres
Joe Cole
Kuyt (to an extent)

They could slot into a number of top sides across Europe, yet we are languishing at a ridiculous placing on the table, this is solely the managers responsibility. He just has not been able to inspire good players to get results, its that simple, yes they have underperformed, but if we HAD NOT HIRED HIM TO BEGIN WITH we wouldn't be playing s**t boring clueless predictable football that get beaten by the likes of f**kin Blackpool and Neverton.

:no  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maguskwt » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:39 am

we all know what's gonna happen...

Scenario 1
We score 1 goal. Then we bend over our backsides to let them screw us 1-1 or 1-2.
Roy: "It's always a massive game against Blackburn..."

Scenario 2
We bend over our backsides first for them to screw us 0-2. Then we will throw everyone we have after 75 mins. Put in Ngog and send the Greek up to try to head the ball in. We still lose 0-2.
Roy: "It's always a massive game against Blackburn..."
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thewaykokid » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:09 am

Rumoured lineup for Blackburn same as everton adding johnson who is apparently fit again.

-------------Reina-------------------
Johnson-Carra-Skrtel-Konchesky
---------Lucas---Meireles-----------
Maxi--------Gerrard----------Cole
--------------Torres-----------------

don't agree myself, think the greek deserves a start and cole should be behind torres........
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:49 am

Thats your opinion Mick on Kelly. my opinion is he should be playing right back if Johnno is injured . i happen to think he he is equipped enough to play there against Blackburn. Why because i rate the lad. along with lots of others and just happen to think its common sense to start playing him. Funny in it how Carra caused up roar when he was refusing to play right back but it was ok then wasnt it . Roy wasnt here, Its my opinion that i think Kelly is a better right back than Carragher and i disagree with Roy on saying what he said regarding inexperience . good enough last season in a few games ,good enough this season when he has played and good enough in the Europa cup in hostile atmosphere the other night, You agree with Roys choice ,i dont

Oh and We need to win by at least 3 goals just to get out of the relegation zone . sad sad times
Last edited by NANNY RED on Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:56 am

bigmick wrote:Once again the posting descends into the surreal as people fall over themselves to put the boot into our manager. "Martin kelly inexperienced"? How fecking dare he say that? He's played at least six or seven first team games in his career. And fancy advertising the fact we might play Carra when he's quite slow. Kelly on the other hand is a whippet in disguise obviously. And fancy playing a centre half out of position when we could quite easily play Kelly, who is a centre half out of position. I cannot think of another recent Liverpool manager who would have opted for Carragher at right back in preference to Kelly, neither can I think of one who would move the "best holding midfielder in the World" to right back in preference to Kelly.

Cop yourselves on for fecks sake.

So what if he played 6-7 games? it is blackburn for god sake not the championsleague final!! If he or any other young player to get experience it is this kind of games. And proffesionaly Carra is a $hitty RB so it wouldn't be a huge gamble on Roy's part. What are you on about???
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby europian-kings » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:58 am

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark.

At the end of the storm
There's a golden sky
And the sweet silver
Song of a lark.

Walk on through the wind

Walk on through the rain

Though your dreams
Be tossed and blown.

Walk on
Walk on

With hope in your hearts

And you'll never walk alone

You'll never walk alone.

Walk on
Walk on

Come on Red Men!!! 3-1 win, with el nino finally grabbing a double. You can quote me on that!

:D
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games