Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:55 pm

Thats whats been missing: smiles
:D
Thommo's perm

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:21 pm

Thommo's perm » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:55 pm wrote:Thats whats been missing: smiles

Thought I'd pulled a muscle in me cheeks before, then I realised I was smiling after a Liverpool game!!  :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:22 pm

RUSHIE#9 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:21 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:55 pm wrote:Thats whats been missing: smiles

Thought I'd pulled a muscle in me cheeks before, then I realised I was smiling after a Liverpool game!!  :D

I nearly put the telly through when they got that second penalty
Turned out nice in the end
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:35 pm

Agree about Henderson as well, really got stuck in tonight and earned his wage. As a note though, I agree with Phil Thompson about Maxi's second goal. He made it look easy, but that was brilliant technique he used and a fantastic finish. If he doesn't start against Everton I will be bewildered. I think his record is something like 11 goals in 10 games. Give him the games, he bloody deserves them.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:59 pm

A shaky but good win and hopefully that boosts their confidence before the semi-final against the bitters.

This whole season is just big f*cking ***** take if you ask me. I bet that we will will have three injured players and two sent of on Saturday.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:22 am

Finally a big goal by andy carroll...

Can anyone tell me why the likes of maxi and bellamy do not play more often?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:26 am

Been back an hour or so and as a rule I don't come on here within 24 hours of the end of a game as it's difficult to be objective when your pumped and emotional but after a poor run (which the media have loved to tell us is the worse since 1954 whilst conveniently ignoring Spurs equally ***** poor run ) it's just great to geta  win under our belts going into Saturday's Semi Final.

The game had everything ........5 Goals, 2 penalties, a sending off and last minute drama.

I took my God Daughter as a 18th Birthday present and must confess I felt like I'd sold her short when the line up was announced but the boys gave their absolute all and were a credit to the club, fans and themselves.

We bossed the opening 20 minutes until Doni's Red card after Flanagan's back pass left him well short. I can't remember the last time I saw a player look so gutted on a football field. He looked bereft and distraught as years of preparing for a few rare opportunities and the opportunity to play at Wembley were cruelly denied him.

Spearing, Shelvey and Bellamy were my joint MOM's but everyone played their part and even Ja Ja Binks (Carroll) put himself about and won most of the battles in the air. I think at LFC the fans that actually go to games are incredibly patient but their no mugs and can see straight through players who are playing with chips on their shoulders as Carroll has at times this season. However, tonight he wasn't sulking and remonstrating and duly put a shift in. No, he wasn't world class or magnificant, he simply played his part and the goal would have done his confidence no end of good so lets leave it at that shall we.

I confessed to my God Daughter that I suggested she come to the match as a birthday present as I've run out of ideas for gifts over the years to which she replied " Thanks , memories are the best presents anyway !" I think she was spot on and encapsulates what it means to be a fan. It's not about the latest replica kit, a badge or a box seat, it's about memories that last a lifetime. This match will live long in my memory not because of the array of incidents but because for me it restored a little bit of faith in the team, in each other as supporters and gave credence to the adage "Through the Wind and The rain". 7,000 fans bear testimony that for tonight at least we all sleep a little better and believe a lot more.

Walk on ...................
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:40 am

I just don't know why KD doesn't pick Maxi in the starting 11 more often. He is a solution to our goal scoring dilemma. His goals may not be world class but he does thump them in given the chance. He is often overlooked and underestimated by defenders and that's why he can grab the much needed goals. Hope Kenny will play him more often.
alwayslfc

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:52 am

alwayslfc » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:40 am wrote:I just don't know why KD doesn't pick Maxi in the starting 11 more often. He is a solution to our goal scoring dilemma. His goals may not be world class but he does thump them in given the chance. He is often overlooked and underestimated by defenders and that's why he can grab the much needed goals. Hope Kenny will play him more often.

I dont know either, its like Rafa with Peter Crouch. Rafa gave the patience and was rewarded, but then turned his back on him when Crouch started scoring. A similar situation here with Maxi. The situation should be CLUB FIRST, I rag on the players all the time, but there has to be times when managers have to come under scrutiny also.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrt » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:30 am

Nice work by Skrtel for the winner.  Would probably have been offside, when Coates knocked the ball back in, otherwise.
mrt

Postby Johnny Boy » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:34 am

Nice to see us win, Carroll worked hard and deserved his goal - has to start on Saturday.

Agree with the Maxi comments, grossly underused by Kenny this season when we have been short of goals - really don't understand it.
It's clear defenders have trouble picking him up. I can get why he isn't a regular, but a lot of the time he isn't even on the bench!

Henderson fair play the boy did okay, Flanagan worries me slightly - really don't fancy him against Baines, hope Johnson will be fit.

Pleased for Jones to get a game, albeit not in ideal circumstances,  and the crowd reaction to him was brilliant.

Skrtel future captain material. Shelvey and Spearing covered a lot of ground too.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:45 am

Didnt see the game as was attending another but well done to the lads last
night and I missed a cracker by sounds.

Wasnt hoping for much going into this game to be honest so to win and with
10 men was a good performance.

Hopefully take some momentumn into Saturday and we will probably need
it as well in what will no doubt be a very difficult game.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:45 am

Should have been one of our easiest wins of the season.  2 - 0 up and cruising but unfortunately Flanno had other ideas.
Not only did he nearly get himself sent off, he then got Doni sent off and has put our FA Campaign at risk.

And people want to see more of the kids in the PL... 

Fantastic win last night though considering we were away from home, a man down after 20 mins and relying on our 3rd choice GK
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:11 am

Why is there no way to ask the maanger about his team selections, either by the press or the fans? There can be no sensible reason why maxi has not gotten more games and I'd love to hear Daglish's thoughts on it.
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:13 am

jacdaniel » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:45 am wrote:Should have been one of our easiest wins of the season.  2 - 0 up and cruising but unfortunately Flanno had other ideas.
Not only did he nearly get himself sent off, he then got Doni sent off and has put our FA Campaign at risk.

And people want to see more of the kids in the PL... 

Fantastic win last night though considering we were away from home, a man down after 20 mins and relying on our 3rd choice GK

Yes the jury's still out on Flanagan but we'll know if they make the grade unless we give them a few games. For example Kelly looks very much like a player for the future, as does Shelvey.
heimdall

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games