BLACKBURN V LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:16 am

moment of the match........the stealing of the ball and the run, shimmy and shot shelvey did for the 2nd goal......

havent seen quality like that from henderson all season sadly :(
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:22 am

After the second goal went in I thought we were on to run up a cricket score - Maxi's finish for his second goal was second to none and his movement and intelligence is something this side has missed. Like everyone else, I echo the questions as to why he hasn't featured more, he does go missing in games but like Kuyt tends to pop up with the goals, he's worth having when this current crop a struggling to hit the net.

The turning point was Flannagan's back pass, in fact he looked dodgy from the off last night and to me hasn't looked the fullback he showed at the tail end of last season. However, when a team is on form it is easier to shine for a younger lad like Flannagan, when we're in a rut it can't be easy for the young ones, especially when the experienced players around you are struggling. But, Flannagan had a nightmare and has looked like an accident waiting to happen IMO recently. And that accident happened last night.

I thought Skertel was good (again), and again I echo the sentiments that he looks for more accomplished and assured when Carragher isn't playing. Moment of the match for me was Skertel's pass to Bellamy! I personally hope Jamie doesn't start against the Bitters on Sat'day, he now makes our entire back four look edgy and his moaning probably doesn't help them either.

I didn't think Henderson was as good as people made out, although he actually looked better at right back and tried to get forward more from there than he has done in midfield.  :upside: . Apart from Bellamy's cross for Maxi's first goal I thought he was average tbh, don't get me wrong he worked hard and when we're down to 10 men it's more of a 'hand to the pump' job and that's probably why Bellamy wasn't able to threaten as much in the final third as he could have.

Shelvey is starting to grow on me, slowly. He's still raw and needs much coaching as does Carroll but he does have talent and looks to oppose himself in the final third more so than the likes of Henderson and Downing do, this is a big plus for him IMO and if he can continue to improve he could turn out to be quite the player.

Kudos to Carroll, the amount of stick he's gotten from the media, commentators, neutral fans and some of our own has been shocking, so it's good to see him shut some of these c.unts up for a while, at least. He worked hard and got his just rewards, made up for him.  :)
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:33 am

I thought Bellamy was exceptional and must have played his way into Kenny's plans for Saturday as long as his knees hold up.

All in all one of the strangest football matches I've seen in ages. Low on quality for the most part but high in drama. We did our best to gift Blackburn the points but ended up nicking it at the death which shows a lot of character. We had the worst penalty I've ever seen, Flanagan with the worst 20 minutes I've ever seen from a Liverpool player all season (should have been sent off before getting subbed), Doni getting red carded, Jones looking all over the shop and conceding a penalty and then Carroll very nearly scoring an own goal. Crazy stuff.

Big confidence booster though heading into the weekend. And yet what have I heard today? The media crying again about Kenny's press conference after the game. Yawn.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby KennyisGod....still » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:06 pm

D___C » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:
ethanr » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:51 pm wrote:And all you miserable ***** who have been slating him this whole time go quiet.

Behave. He had been laughably bad up until a 92nd minute header (his previous best effort almost put it in our own net) from a direct method of play. One moment does not mask a dreadful display.

The goal was big for morale/mood... it better not have any bearing on him starting at Wembley.

What you on "behave"?? I thought Carroll (not my favourite player by a long way) had a real good game last night, played himself all across the park  specially after the sendin off. He won most of his aerial battles, held the ball up ok as a lone striker and came back helpin out the defence. Quite why D___C has to keep batterin him with senseless abuse is beyond me.

As for Maxi - well, yeah he got the 2 goals but for me he was lost too often which'd explain Dalglish's lack of use of him. We effectively played with 9 for a fair slice of the game which is a shame on Maxi as when he plays he seems to score. Tough call.

Thought Henderson was a little lost at first at RB, got pulled apart a bit, but gained as the match went on. RB does have a need for certain qualities and if you're not a natural it can be quite a slot to fill. Hope Johnson's fit for Saturday tho  :D

I guess Brad Jones is in for quite a few days intensive trainin now, and from the looks of it he needs a huge boost in confidence. Yeah he saved the pen, but it was possibly the worst I've seen all season and lets be honest we've took a few bad ones ourselves!! Fair play to him tho, to come out the other side of his little lad passin away late last year to where he is now takes some doin I'd say, so hopefully he can carry himself through with the help of his team-mates.

I was quite intrigued when I saw the line-up before the game, over the moon at 18 mins in and then on a roller coaster for the rest of the game, but we're good at that - plenty of experience in those situations over my 30+ yrs watchin us lol
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games