Liverpool V Shamrock Rovers (post season friendly) BT Sport

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 14, 2014 9:04 pm

damjan193 » Wed May 14, 2014 7:07 pm wrote:Totally forgot about this game. Heard that Ibe had an excellent game, but what about the rest like McLaughlin, Kelly, Coady etc. ?

Kelly actually scored but he still doesn't look quite the same player that he was before his injury.
Smith was the pick of the fullbacks, he put in the type of marauding performance that you'd expect from McLaughlin.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed May 14, 2014 9:34 pm

Aspas and Ibe were the star performers, along with Borini who was very good at holding the ball up and getting the midfielders involved in the play.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby leeroy74 » Wed May 14, 2014 9:40 pm

Aspas is the new Suarez.

Ish
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Wed May 14, 2014 10:14 pm

Hard to judge on this game really.

Shamrock would struggle in the Conference National so essentially its like playing
Southport.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed May 14, 2014 10:15 pm

Ibe is going be a huge player for Liverpool in the coming years. I see him as an improved Sterling type player. Quick ,Strong and with the will to succeed.
I have a lot of hope this lad is going be a mega star.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed May 14, 2014 10:58 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 14, 2014 9:04 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Wed May 14, 2014 7:07 pm wrote:Totally forgot about this game. Heard that Ibe had an excellent game, but what about the rest like McLaughlin, Kelly, Coady etc. ?

Kelly actually scored but he still doesn't look quite the same player that he was before his injury.
Smith was the pick of the fullbacks, he put in the type of marauding performance that you'd expect from McLaughlin.

Cheers mate, thanks.

Really disappointed that McLaughlin might not develop into the player that we all though he'd be. But he's still young, there's still time, and if Flanagan can make it, anyone can make it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 24, 2014 2:17 pm

damjan193 » Wed May 14, 2014 9:58 pm wrote:
Really disappointed that McLaughlin might not develop into the player that we all though he'd be. But he's still young, there's still time, and if Flanagan can make it, anyone can make it.

:laugh:

If your appraisal is constructed exclusively on the basis of a single performance in a game you never even watched ,then I truly despair .
McLaughlin is a fine young defender who will have many opportunities based solely on his undeniable talent.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat May 24, 2014 4:49 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 24, 2014 2:17 pm wrote:

If your appraisal is constructed exclusively on the basis of a single performance in a game you never even watched ,then I truly despair .
McLaughlin is a fine young defender who will have many opportunities based solely on his undeniable talent.

It's not just this particular game mate. There was a time when we had most of our full backs injured, including Flanagan, but Rodgers opted to play youngsters such as Smith instead of McLaughlin, who didn't even make it on the bench at all this season. He also wasn't as successful on his loan as our other youngsters, like Wisdom and Ibe were for example.

But like I said in the rest of my post, the part that you cleverly discarded so you could laugh and rant, McLaughlin is still a young lad and it's way WAY too early to write him off. Maybe Sterling has set the bar too high for me.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 24, 2014 11:09 pm

damjan193 » Sat May 24, 2014 3:49 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 24, 2014 2:17 pm wrote:

It's not just this particular game mate. There was a time when we had most of our full backs injured, including Flanagan, but Rodgers opted to play youngsters such as Smith instead of McLaughlin, who didn't even make it on the bench at all this season. He also wasn't as successful on his loan as our other youngsters, like Wisdom and Ibe were for example.

But like I said in the rest of my post, the part that you cleverly discarded so you could laugh and rant, McLaughlin is still a young lad and it's way WAY too early to write him off. Maybe Sterling has set the bar too high for me.

McLaughlin was on loan for 28 days as was stipulated into his Barnsley contract,and Danny Wilson made a point
of asking Liverpool to extend his loan even though Ryan had tore a hamstring' .....So how you can say his loan
wasn't a successful one, or for that matter as productive as Wisdoms or Ibe's when the lads stay was hampered by
an injury is beyond me.

I mean I'm assuming  you have managed to watch the lad at some point ?

Liverpool midfielder extends loan

Liverpool defender Ryan McLaughlin has agreed to extend his loan stay at Oakwell until the end of the season.

The Northern Ireland youth international made an impressive début against Blackpool but picked up a hamstring injury days later.

The 19-year-old is set for a spell of up to four weeks on the sideline, but Manager Danny Wilson was determined to keep the tenacious full-back until the end of the campaign.

Reds boss Wilson told barnsleyfc.co.uk, "We're delighted to have Ryan on board for the remainder of the season. He has become one of the group and his performance against Blackpool showed just what he is capable of.

"We won't rush him back from injury, but we're hopeful he'll be back as soon as possible."

Read more at http://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/articl ... vL6yAe6.99
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat May 24, 2014 11:44 pm

Ok RBG, you are right, I was wrong.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 26, 2014 3:39 pm

damjan193 » Sat May 24, 2014 10:44 pm wrote:Ok RBG, you are right, I was wrong.

:blush:

I must apologise Damjan ,as I was in a foul mood when I first retorted to your reply ,and after reading it back to myself it does come across a tad condescending .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon May 26, 2014 4:08 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 26, 2014 3:39 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sat May 24, 2014 10:44 pm wrote:Ok RBG, you are right, I was wrong.

:blush:

I must apologise Damjan ,as I was in a foul mood when I first retorted to your reply ,and after reading it back to myself it does come across a tad condescending .

Maybe a bit :D. But I was serious about being wrong, I had no idea that the kid was injured, and for some daft reason I thought that he was 21, not 19.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games