Liverpool v Arsenal 13th January 20:00 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:42 am

damjan193 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:04 pm wrote:My God, I don't want to sound like Stu, God bless his soul, but most of you lads have obviously never played the game, never mind stand between the posts yourselves. Even at the most amateur levels it's commonly accepted that you can't let the ball pass like that at the near post. WHAT exactly was Mignolet supposed to do there? The ball was played LOW and at the NEAR POST, how is that, by any logic, a goalies ball?

https://mobile.twitter.com/kevwalshlfc/status/687559538887782400
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby algymoon » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:53 am

Really we should have won that game easily based on hard efforts the playes have put into that game! only to be almost lost it due to the useless keepers that Liverpool have in their squad,  Mignolet and his no. 2 are both should be off loaded out the club, and it is hard to hear that the club rewarding the useless  Mignolet with new contract!!.. Just few days ago I have said that those both keepers will cost the team games loses. Mignolet was a bad buy by BR so is his no. 2. Liverpool will not improve as long as those both useless in team. Klopp ought to buy another top keeper.

A draw was the least we have deserved, it should be a win, taking in consideration our two CB weren't really fully fit to play!, our top outsdanting player is "CAN" he had put in so much hard work to get our team on top all the time, for me Firmino only in first half was very good, however I don't rate this player at all, but he was good last night.

We need another good efforts against the scum on Sunday, and I expect us to win, and I sincerely hope so.
algymoon

Postby Homebooby » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:51 pm

Probably get lambasted for this but he reminds me of Westerveld
Homebooby

Postby only me » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:02 pm

algymoon » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:53 am wrote:Really we should have won that game easily based on hard efforts the playes have put into that game! only to be almost lost it due to the useless keepers that Liverpool have in their squad,  Mignolet and his no. 2 are both should be off loaded out the club, and it is hard to hear that the club rewarding the useless  Mignolet with new contract!!.. Just few days ago I have said that those both keepers will cost the team games loses. Mignolet was a bad buy by BR so is his no. 2. Liverpool will not improve as long as those both useless in team. Klopp ought to buy another top keeper.

A draw was the least we have deserved, it should be a win, taking in consideration our two CB weren't really fully fit to play!, our top outsdanting player is "CAN" he had put in so much hard work to get our team on top all the time, for me Firmino only in first half was very good, however I don't rate this player at all, but he was good last night.

We need another good efforts against the scum on Sunday, and I expect us to win, and I sincerely hope so.

Watched the game with your "Rosy" glasses did we? Draw was more then a fair result ,while we did put a lot of energy and passion into the game Arsenal looked to score every time they entered our box and had it wasn't for Giroud magnificent miss you would be talking different. We had a good football game but to say it should have easily gone our way is a bit far fetched.

As to Migs ,yes not a confident good game but to blame him for the result is nonsense ,are WHOLE defense was overrun and shredded by Arsenal's quick passing and on 2 out of the 3 goals he couldn't do a thing...So some perspective for you mate.

Can was class act for 45 minutes but then looked totally wracked and pretty miserable losing balls left and right.

Other then that you got everything right  :grinning:
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:39 pm

only me » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:02 pm wrote:
algymoon » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:53 am wrote:Really we should have won that game easily based on hard efforts the playes have put into that game! only to be almost lost it due to the useless keepers that Liverpool have in their squad,  Mignolet and his no. 2 are both should be off loaded out the club, and it is hard to hear that the club rewarding the useless  Mignolet with new contract!!.. Just few days ago I have said that those both keepers will cost the team games loses. Mignolet was a bad buy by BR so is his no. 2. Liverpool will not improve as long as those both useless in team. Klopp ought to buy another top keeper.

Watched the game with your "Rosy" glasses did we? Draw was more then a fair result ,while we did put a lot of energy and passion into the game Arsenal looked to score every time they entered our box and had it wasn't for Giroud magnificent miss you would be talking different. We had a good football game but to say it should have easily gone our way is a bit far fetched.

As to Migs ,yes not a confident good game but to blame him for the result is nonsense ,are WHOLE defense was overrun and shredded by Arsenal's quick passing and on 2 out of the 3 goals he couldn't do a thing...So some perspective for you mate.

Can was class act for 45 minutes but then looked totally wracked and pretty miserable losing balls left and right.

If it wasn't for Mingolets awful keeping we would have probably been out of sight in the first half, we had them on the rack but conceding 2 cheap goals knocked the stuffing out of us and gave them a lift.
We let them back into that game just like we let West Brom, Palace, Southampton, Norwich etc back into the game (i.e a Mingolet f**k up)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:45 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:39 pm wrote:
only me » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:02 pm wrote:

If it wasn't for Mingolets awful keeping we would have probably been out of sight in the first half, we had them on the rack but conceding 2 cheap goals knocked the stuffing out of us and gave them a lift.
We let them back into that game just like we let West Brom, Palace, Southampton, Norwich etc back into the game (i.e a Mingolet f**k up)

I disagree 2nd goal wasn't Migs fault...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:59 pm

Granted the defending at the near post could have been better but if one of our outfield players would have found themselves in Mingolets position they would have just hooked the ball clear with their right foot. Mingolet though as per usual just went into panic mode and flopped on the floor. He tried to save it with a technique you'd normally use to stop a one on one.
If we had a half decent keeper teams wouldn't be peppering our 6 yard box with crosses anyway, normally teams try to avoid putting crosses into an area where keepers snaffle them up, with us they do the opposite, they actually aim for our keeper.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:23 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:42 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:04 pm wrote:My God, I don't want to sound like Stu, God bless his soul, but most of you lads have obviously never played the game, never mind stand between the posts yourselves. Even at the most amateur levels it's commonly accepted that you can't let the ball pass like that at the near post. WHAT exactly was Mignolet supposed to do there? The ball was played LOW and at the NEAR POST, how is that, by any logic, a goalies ball?

https://mobile.twitter.com/kevwalshlfc/status/687559538887782400

What exactly is your point yakka? Where would you have him be, right next to the near post? We expect him to rise up and catch high balls so he needs to be more centrally, the near post should be defended by an outfield player (usually a fullback), who is nowhere to be found in this particular situation. His position tells us that he's not exactly confident with high balls, hence his position is a bit further than it should be, but that's a minor mistake compared to the fuckery that the defenders caused. I can't quite understand why we're having this debate anyway. On corners, the near post should ALWYAS be defended by an outfield player, they learn that at day one.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:29 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:59 pm wrote:Granted the defending at the near post could have been better but if one of our outfield players would have found themselves in Mingolets position they would have just hooked the ball clear with their right foot. Mingolet though as per usual just went into panic mode and flopped on the floor. He tried to save it with a technique you'd normally use to stop a one on one.
If we had a half decent keeper teams wouldn't be peppering our 6 yard box with crosses anyway, normally teams try to avoid putting crosses into an area where keepers snaffle them up, with us they do the opposite, they actually aim for our keeper.

So what you're basically saying yakka is that it's OK for an outfield player to make a mistake but not for the goalie?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:05 pm

damjan193 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:29 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:59 pm wrote:Granted the defending at the near post could have been better but if one of our outfield players would have found themselves in Mingolets position they would have just hooked the ball clear with their right foot. Mingolet though as per usual just went into panic mode and flopped on the floor. He tried to save it with a technique you'd normally use to stop a one on one.

So what you're basically saying yakka is that it's OK for an outfield player to make a mistake but not for the goalie?

Whatever happened in front of him Mingolet had a good opportunity to keep the ball out of the net, he is a liability mate and other teams know it. You could have Beckenbauer and Bobby Moore screening him but it wouldn't stop him flapping at crosses.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:33 pm

Mignolet does not command his area that well. He is a decent shot stopper but at set pieces i don't know. During the match i think it was Hoddle who said he should shrug off opposition and show them he commands his area.
As for the 2nd goal i would say his positioning or his technique of trying to save the ball was off but it was unfortunate. I don't think he expected the clip from Giroud. Maybe his reaction time was off that way he attempted to save it in an awkward way.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:06 am

We were always going to be up for it at home against Arsenal and I thought we gave it all in the end but the lack of quality in the side cost us 2 points.
Mingolet needs replacing not a new 5 year contract. He's here 3 years and isn't any better than when he first arrived. 

Manure next so more of the same will surely see us over the line with all 3  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games