Liverpool v Norwich – Saturday 19 Feb – 3pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Santa » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:03 pm

devaney » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:35 pm wrote:Santa what a fecking game. Wonderful to see Kane shove it up the Shiteeee fans !! Feared the worst after the City penalty. WHAT A DAY !!!

Thot that was a unfortunate penalty after their 3rd goal was chalked off...and the crazy amount of injury time for City to do a snatch and grab. Afterall this is Spurs we are talking about  :laugh:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:03 pm

Reg » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:45 pm wrote:9 minutes extra time ffs.....

City’s 2 VAR decisions that kept them in the game were at least 4 minutes. There were a few stoppages that amounted to 3 minutes. A goal and a stoppage in extra time amounted to 2 minutes. I know it looked harsh but I called 7 minutes before the board went up - ok I know nobody likes a smart *****  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:34 pm

Can't say I was ever concerned. We dominated the first half and should have scored. They got a lucky goal at the beginning of the 2nd half and our dominance went up another gear and a goal looked on the cards even before the subs. Even the crowd sensed it. They were great at 1-0 down. And when Thiago came on and played like a Rolls Royce against a tiring side there was only ever going to be one winner.
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:05 pm

We made that a lot harder than it should have been. It should have been wrapped up at half time if we had of taken our chances. Disappointed we conceded after HT but you could sense we were going to open the door.

Great finish from Mane but Diaz's goal was the highlight for me. Super pass and super finish. Played well too and gets my MOTM.

Keita was disappointing considering his form at the AFCON. Ox as well was poor and he has gotten plenty of game time to at least be in a bit of better form. Both of them struggled today. Gomez is never going to be as effective as Trent in that position so no surprise to me today that we lacked in that area. I thought he was alright though considering its out of position and his 1st game in ages.

They were a big 3 points today  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:39 am

Both us and City have the same dilemma, last 8 of Champions League and the race for the league. First to blink......
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:57 am

I think this game showed what a huge difference the fans can make. IMO without the support we wouldn't have won the match. I said it before, the fans are our strognest weapon against our rivals, both domestic and in Europe.

We did make it harder than it should have been but it was to be expected after such heavy (but needed) rotation. All the goals were really good, Mane with the overhead kick, Allison's assist, but for me the best was the third, Diaz scoring his first with Hendo's phenomenal assist. The goal we conceded was unlucky, however, I might be a bit harsh but this isn't the first time Matip has done this, it was a poor block.

Anyway, all in all a great result and great day for us considering City lost as well. Next up is Leeds at home.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:06 pm

A very much-needed win, it was a disappointing first half and a very poor display from Keita the whole game changed when Thiago came on and we started winning, it was only a matter of time before Diaz has scored. I thought Gomez had a good game, I am glad to see him back. I thought Tsimikas & Henderson were joint men of the match.

Good Luck Lads against Leeds & Chelsea.
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games