LIVERPOOL FC v Norwich city FC

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:47 pm

got a feeling this one could be off tomorrow, it`s currently snowing quite heavily in liverpool and the whole city is covered in about six inches to a foot of snow.
with modern undersoil heating/pitch covers etc i`ve no doubt the actual playing surface itself will be okay but these days where the HSE rules the roost there`s a tendancy to cancel games if the access roads/pavements near the stadiums are slippy or hazardous.
the area around the ground looks like the north pole at the minute so as i say i wouldnt be surprised if this one gets called off.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:51 pm

I agree, must be doubtful, it's okay where I am (close to Blackpool), and I was due to be at the match tomorrow but I know from mates
it's bad in Liverpool.
Guess they may make an early decision given the distance the Norwich fans have to travel.

Seen reports LFC are speaking to the council about extra gritting arrangements.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:10 pm

thats a good point about the norwich fans mate, as you say the club/council will have to make an early decision given the distance they have to travel.
it`s a long journey at the best of times from the south east to the north west but with half the country under a blanket of snow it will be hard work for the norwich fans to get up here to see the game.
even by rail, the trains in this country stop running when there`s leaves on the line never mind snow.
hopefully though if the motorways are clear and well gritted and as you say if the council grits around the ground (and even gets fella`s with shovels clearing the pavements) it may still go ahead.
years ago they just got on with it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:58 pm

Yes mate, apparently the snow did ease but it's back to blizzard conditions again at the moment.
Temperatures aren't due to get above freezing today and with a cold night ahead it's hard to think the game will be on.

I read somewhere their supporters coaches are leaving at 7am, a long way to come if it's not on. So I would suggest they might decide early.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:19 pm

it certainly wont be ideal for the club if it is cancelled mate, the norwich game at home was a bit of an oasis amid some pretty tough league fixtures and if the game tomorrow does fall foul of the weather it will be another fortnight before our next league match, and thats away at arsenal.
we do have a game away against oldham in the F.A cup in 8 days time but when you think that we played united on the 13th and we are due to play arsenal on the 30th and thats a big gap between league games, especially coming off the back of a dissapointing loss.
when you`ve had a dissapointing loss like the one at old trafford you just want the next game to come around quickly so you can get back on track again, you dont want to wait 3 weeks.
not only that if the norwich game is cancelled that will mean our next home game isnt until the 11th of feb (when we play west brom), considering our last home game was the sunderland game on the 2nd of jan, without tomorrows game thats a 5 and a half week gap between home games.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:18 pm

So it's not being called off?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:25 pm

damjan193 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:18 pm wrote:So it's not being called off?

Nope, the pitch is fine and the surrounding areas have been gritted.

In fact, the only reason premiership matches ever get called of it's if the local police think the surrounding areas are unsafe. Games called off due to frozen pitches or water logging often result in FA fines. Premiership teams who have no undersoil heating or suitable drainage deserve the fine IMO.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:36 pm

That's great then, couldn't wait for another week.

Anyway, It's being rumored that we're going to start with all three of Suarez, Sturridge and Borini, but that we'll also stick with Sterling, while playing a midfield of Henderson and Gerrard.

Gerrard        Henderson

Borini         Suarez          Sterling

Sturridge

I would rather give Sterling a rest and start with a three man midfield of Lucas, Henderson and Gerrard.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:09 pm

Confirmed #LFC team v #NCFC: Jones, Wisdom, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Suarez, Downing, Sturridge.

Confirmed #LFC subs v #NCFC: Gulacsi, Allen, Borini, Sterling, Shelvey, Robinson, Skrtel.

Downing  :glare:

Reina, thigh strain.
Last edited by Kenny Kan on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:09 pm

No Reina not even on the bench

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:30 pm

Kenny Kan » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:09 pm wrote:Confirmed #LFC team v #NCFC: Jones, Wisdom, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Suarez, Downing, Sturridge.

Confirmed #LFC subs v #NCFC: Gulacsi, Allen, Borini, Sterling, Shelvey, Robinson, Skrtel.

Downing  :glare:

Reina, thigh strain.

Decent team except for him
:;):
Thommo's perm

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:33 pm

Skrtel benched :glare:  Carra in.

Can't understand that one at all (unless Skrtel's carrying an injury). The defence is already unsettled with the loss of Reina so bringing in a rusty ageing Carragher is a bit strange, could have understood him coming in as part of a back three but I can't see it with that line up.

Good to see Sturridge getting his home debut and hopefully the good early signs he's shown in his first two games will continue, a goal here in front of the Kop could really light a fire under him for the future.

3-1 to us.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:50 pm

i cant believe carra is after getting the nod over coates :down:
what the feck does that lad have to do to get a game
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:55 pm

Well I guess we might be resting a few players. Glad we're not starting with the rumored lineup I posted above. I am also displeased to see Downing starting, but Sterling needs a rest and Borini might not be ready to be starting a game just yet, since he just came back from a long injury.

Anyway, I really can't see us losing this one. If Suarez scores 3 again he'll be the first one in out history to score 3 hat-tricks against the same team. He'll definitely be extra motivated.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kartiek » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:56 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:50 pm wrote:i cant believe carra is after getting the nod over coates :down:
what the feck does that lad have to do to get a game

lacks too much game intelligence, clumsy, I wouldn't take a risk with Coates.
kartiek

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games