Norwich v LIVERPOOL Sat 15th Feb 5.30 pm K.O

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:35 pm

Not the most convincing performance but every title winning side has games like that on their resume.
To be fair to the players conditions weren’t really conducive to playing fast, flowing football.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:37 pm

Excellent result. Very tricky conditions. Total control with Norwich offering very little. Sadio is some player.

112 points is still on - COYR !!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:49 pm

The mighty reds machines rumbles on....... what a season.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:51 pm

Didn't think Norwich were that bad in fairness. They gave us a good go of it at times and had Ali not made that save first half it could have been a different game.

This season is just unreal  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:29 am

Couple of great saves by Alisson.....  Alisson is the first keeper to keep 10 clean sheets in the premier league this season... he's only played 18 games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU5vHGK17CY
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:00 am

I want 100 plus points and going undefeated! :buttrock
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tommy Smith » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:59 pm

Big thanks for the keeper to keep us in the game at 0-0.
We need to improve on Tuesday in the CL.

Good luck lads.
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:41 pm

Reg » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:29 pm wrote:Couple of great saves by Alisson.....  Alisson is the first keeper to keep 10 clean sheets in the premier league this season... he's only played 18 games

Glad someone mentioned him, he’s been brilliant ever since he arrived but his game seems to have gone up another level the past 2 or 3 months, he’s just got an air about him like Ray Clemence used to have, in that black kit he’s becoming more than a goalie, he’s becoming an icon.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:59 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:41 pm wrote:
Reg » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:29 pm wrote:Couple of great saves by Alisson.....  Alisson is the first keeper to keep 10 clean sheets in the premier league this season... he's only played 18 games

Glad someone mentioned him, he’s been brilliant ever since he arrived but his game seems to have gone up another level the past 2 or 3 months, he’s just got an air about him like Ray Clemence used to have, in that black kit he’s becoming more than a goalie, he’s becoming an icon.

I’m 52 and remember Clemence, he made me want to play as a keeper but I do feel that Allison is the best keeper we ever had. We have missed a truly world class keeper for so long and now we have him. As you said he has that air about him that help our defenders play better knowing they can trust him and it also gets in the mind of the other teams playing against us. Imagine being them, they have all to do to get around VVD and if they manage that they then need to get round Allison. Not surprising that we keep so many clean sheets.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:48 am

+1.

Having Alisson allows TAA and Robbo the confidence to consistently push forward. Our team is the sum of the parts, take one of the pieces away and it impacts 2-3 different aspects of our play. That said, Adrian has proved to be a superb buy.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:17 am

kazza » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:59 am wrote:

I’m 52 and remember Clemence, he made me want to play as a keeper but I do feel that Allison is the best keeper we ever had. We have missed a truly world class keeper for so long and now we have him. As you said he has that air about him that help our defenders play better knowing they can trust him and it also gets in the mind of the other teams playing against us. Imagine being them, they have all to do to get around VVD and if they manage that they then need to get round Allison. Not surprising that we keep so many clean sheets.

Alisson has got a long, long way to go before he can be compared to Ray Clemence mate, Ray played 660 games for the club and kept 330 clean sheets, Ray got into the side during Shankly’s lean years in that period when we were drifting and left 11 years later after our 3rd European Cup win, Clemence also won 2 UEFA Cups back in the days before the CL when there wasn’t actually much difference between the European and UEFA Cups.
The 2 teams we beat in our 2 UEFA Cup finals (Bruges and Borussia Monchengladbach) we also beat in our first 2 European Cup finals so there was a lot of crossover between the 2 tournaments, plus when we won the UEFA Cup in 76 we had to go to the Nou Camp and beat a Barcelona side who had a prime Johan Cruyff in their line up, Cruyff was the most expensive player in history at the time so that’s the type of quality the UEFA Cup had in it back then. Alisson is doing terrific but he has to keep this up for a long period of time before he can be compared to Ray.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:38 pm

I agree that he has a long way to go to match Clemence’s stats but those days the goalie could pick up a back pass (a huge advantage) and now the balls are so light and have so much movement it would be hard to compare how Clemence would have coped, also there is no way that Ray Clemence was as good with his feet as Allison is as he never really needed to be.  I also think the league has much better players now so opposing forwards are far more skillful. And to be fair, even though he was my hero and I’m a Liverpool supporter but Shilton was probably a better than Clemence, so he was not even the best in England in those days. My opinion!

All in all I’m happy we had Clemence 40 years ago and happier we have Allison now.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:37 pm

kazza » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:59 am wrote:

Well said Kazza. Must be very demoralizing for teams (and morale boosting for us) when not only do they have to get past the best defender in the world, but they also have to beat the best goalie in the world right after. Don't know if he's the best gk we've ever had but he's definitely the best in the world right now.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games