LIVERPOOL v Manchester City (CL) Wed 4th April 7.45ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:45 pm

Looks like we will be struggling to have  a full bench at this rate, Can, Klavan, Lallana, Woodburn, Gomez, Matip are injured and the rest of the squad rotation and talented youth are out on loan.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:04 pm

f*ck sakes, excellent timing with these injuries. Especially Can and Matip, missing those two might cost us the game.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:12 pm

Fowler_E7 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:45 pm wrote:Looks like we will be struggling to have  a full bench at this rate, Can, Klavan, Lallana, Woodburn, Gomez, Matip are injured and the rest of the squad rotation and talented youth are out on loan.

Was actually curious so I checked it out and you're right! Unless we put two goalkeepers on the bench, we'll be missing one player!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:03 pm

Stop panicking boys and girls. Sergio Aguero is out as well with a knee injury :D

Their two key men we need to stop,  are De Bruyne and Sane.

If Can is out, play Oxlade-chamberlain instead, with either milner /Hendo and Wjnaldum.

Get milner on Sane all the match, we should be OK.

Klavan and Gomez are not available, but that's why we have a big squad. Lovren can just slot in there.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:44 pm

What a match this is going to be for the neutrals  :D

Can't wait. Just got my ticket and am predicting a 4-1 win to the mighty reds at Anfield  :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:34 pm

If we concede more than one goal, I can't see us going through. Unless we score five.if we concede 2/3 goals tommorow, we've got no chance of progressing.
Need to keep the back door shut tommorow night.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:44 pm

damjan193 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:04 am wrote:f*ck sakes, excellent timing with these injuries. Especially Can and Matip, missing those two might cost us the game.

What the boss is saying is he'd rather have them for the second game than the first leg. True?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:47 pm

Reg » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:44 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:04 am wrote:f*ck sakes, excellent timing with these injuries. Especially Can and Matip, missing those two might cost us the game.

What the boss is saying is he'd rather have them for the second game than the first leg. True?

Matip is out for the rest of the season Reg, Klopp said he's hoping he will be back for the start of pre season training in July.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:11 pm

We always look abit flat after the international games and we looked it against Palace. I just hope the crowd get behind the boys and we overwhelm them in the first leg. I'm gonna predict a 3-0 win.. I don't think City can handle the tempo we set and I think heads will drop when we go 2 nill up.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:13 am

Coping with injuries is what any squad has to contend with and its no different for us.  It will be Lovren in for Matip and Ox in for Can.

Absolutely cacking this tbh and I just hope we can put in similar performances to the league games between us. That's the best way to approach this lot imo.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:14 am

Reg » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:44 pm wrote:

I don't think he can chose when he'd rather have them mate, I think they're genuinely unavailable for the first leg. Matip for the rest of the season, like yakka said.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:50 am

I'm torn as to what our approach should be in this game. Obviously we are a front foot team who will always do better going for it, hitting teams hard and I've got no doubt our front 3 will cause them plenty of problems and grab goals in this game but I do worry that City could grab a few goals themselves in that situation simply because of the way they have played this season and the quality in attack they possess. If we go toe to toe with them and say come away with a 3-2 win, I don't think City would be too dissapointed with that what with the 2nd leg at their place.

We have to go at them hard as I don't think keeping it cagey suits us, especially at home but at the same time need to really be vigilant in terms of keeping shape and cutting out space. I think City would be quite happy for it to be an open shootout and sacrificing conceding as long as they grab an away goal or two themselves even if they end up losing the game by 1-2 goals.

Losing Matip and Can also appearing to be touch and go is a concern. Situation at right back is also a worry with TAA showing lapses recently. Do worry about City targeting him. Who knows though, it's games like this that players can come of age so he may go out there and put in the performance that shows he is the real deal.
Doeboy

Postby eds » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:54 am

We will turn them over tomorrow boys, have faith in Klopp and our front line.

Pep will try and attack us, so I see us countering heavily and causing them all sorts of trouble.

I'm predicting a 3-1 to us. Key is to score early! 

:buttrock  :buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Eagle » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:14 am

If Can isn’t fit enough for the bench then one of our academy players will be in the 18. The team picks itself apart from midfield where we have to go for 2 from Milner, Ox and Wijnaldum

Injured: Matip, Klavan, Gomez, Can, Lallana, Woodburn

Karius

Trent     Lovren     van Dijk     Robertson

Henderson
           Milner           Wijnaldum

Salah               Mane
                    Firmino

Subs: Ings, Solanke, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Moreno, Clyne, Masterson, Mignolet
Eagle

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:25 am

Eagle » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:14 am wrote:If Can isn’t fit enough for the bench then one of our academy players will be in the 18. The team picks itself apart from midfield where we have to go for 2 from Milner, Ox and Wijnaldum

Injured: Matip, Klavan, Gomez, Can, Lallana, Woodburn

Karius

Trent     Lovren     van Dijk     Robertson

Henderson
           Milner           Wijnaldum

Salah               Mane
                    Firmino

Subs: Ings, Solanke, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Moreno, Clyne, Masterson, Mignolet

That will more than likely be the starting eleven. The only other option for Klopp is if he plays Ox instead of Milner/Hendo, for his added pace. He may opt for that.

...It's Matchday folks, who's feeling edgy!?......The BIG CL SHOWDOWN....... Roller-coaster time......Hold onto your hats!  :help
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games