LIVERPOOL v Manchester City (CL) Wed 4th April 7.45ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:55 pm

I love being the underdog and this encounter mirrors the Liverpool v Chelsea 2005 semi final,everyone expected a Chelsea side full to the brim of world class players and  under (at that time) the best manager in world football to sweep the reds aside but Benitez at his most adroit and an Anfield full to the rafters with kopites willing to fry their respective larynx's in an attempt at shaking that hallowed turf had a different idea entirely.

If we can resurrect that kind of noise on Wednesday then we have every chance of that twelfth man having a big effect on the opposition and I don't think for one minute the City players will be as prepared as the media believe them to be,one thing for certain is we need every player in red to show heart ,skill isn't nearly enough here and City players will learn that soon enough ,even if there is one twitching sphincter in their first eleven,then the crowd has done its job.

Other than that,its going to be a memorable night at Anfield and a game to make the whole of the football world sit up and take notice ,beautiful football is back on the menu and Liverpool and City are the house specials .....Cant f*cking wait !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:16 pm

I've thought about it, and I think it would be best to remove TAA from the firing line and just play Milner at RB. The young lad will come good eventually, but for this game I think it would be best for both him and us if he doesn't play. Also, Milner is IMO useless in midfield against the bigger teams, so playing him at RB would be the best choice.

I'd play Can as a starter if he's fit, if not, Henderson.

Assuming Can is ready to start, this is what I'd play:

Karius

Milner            Matip          Van Dijk         Robertson

Can

Chamberlain            Wijnaldum

Salah         Firmino       Mane
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:51 pm

Milners lack of pace would be a genuine concern though mate.
He'd be far better positionally than Trent but once Sane was past him that would be it, Sane would be over the horizon and gone.
It's an awful decision to make and I don't envy Jurgen one bit, whoever he picks there's a good chance Sane is going to rip them a new one.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:24 pm

Just crock Sane with crunching tackling, problem solved :)
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:05 pm

We just have to accept that Trent will play. He will just have to give on ball and crucially our Mid and defense have to play as a proper unit.

I can't wait for Wednesday it is going to be bloody epic. The atmosphere the passion the alez chant all the way!!!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:42 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:51 pm wrote:Milners lack of pace would be a genuine concern though mate.
He'd be far better positionally than Trent but once Sane was past him that would be it, Sane would be over the horizon and gone.
It's an awful decision to make and I don't envy Jurgen one bit, whoever he picks there's a good chance Sane is going to rip them a new one.

We all had the same concern about him last season when he played at LB but he did well there for the most part of the season. He has enough experience and understands the game well enough to compensate for his lack of pace. It's not ideal but it's better than throwing TAA who must be feeling tremendous pressure right about now. He's seen as a weak link and has been exploited as such in the previous few games. That's a lot for a young lad like him to handle. It will be better for everyone if he skips this one match.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:43 am

Do worry about TAA if he plays in this one. City give experienced defenders the runaround so a young TAA coming off a couple of mistakes up against someone like Sane is a concern. Got no doubts we will score a couple but restricting City is the problem for me. Really don't want to be going into the 2nd leg with them having their tails up from scoring a couple of away goals in a close game at Anfield. Genuinely think we would go through if the 2nd leg was at Anfield and we had kept things tight in the first leg
Doeboy

Postby maguskwt » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:22 am

The man city forumers are making quite a big deal about the fact that Henderson and moreno are on 2 yellow cards each. So what!  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:13 pm

Matip out is a blow, mainly because it means Lovren starts. Please don't put TAA and Lovren on the same side
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:11 pm

I don't rate both but i would say Matip is definitely a bit better than Lovren.

What worries me with Lovren is one mistake and he then goes through a catalogue of mistakes.

Whats worse is we could have Trent and Lovren next to each other, inexperience with Mr clumsy.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:26 pm

I don't know about you lot, but I'm nervous already in anticipation of this match, and it's only Tuesday.. and I can't wait....

Big Anfield European nights is what it's all about, and hopefully the Kop will be the twelfth Man..

Man City are in new territory in the QTR finals of the champions league, hopefully the occasion will get to them and we can bang a few goals in.

Anything can happen, we have as much firepower as they do, and can pass the ball just as quick, playing at a high tempo.

Someone made a point about Milner starting at right back. That might be a good shout. His crunching tackling could stop Sane in his tracks.

I believe the KEY area is the midfield and we need to press high and stop Man city's Rythym, etc.

Firmino, Mane and Salah need to at the top of their game also.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:08 pm

I (somehow!) managed to get a ticket for this. I've been to a few games but nothing of this magnitude. I can't wait!
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:25 pm

W@nker.....  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:55 pm

Matip out is a huge blow..He is another play maker for us...I would now say it will take a miracle for us to pull through..But hey Miracles is our middle name..so YNWA!
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:23 pm

only me » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:55 pm wrote:Matip out is a huge blow..He is another play maker for us...I would now say it will take a miracle for us to pull through..But hey Miracles is our middle name..so YNWA!

Can is a major doubt as well, it doesn't look like he is going to be fit enough to start.
As you say mate I think we are going to need a miracle, without Can's physical presence City will breeze through our MF. When we played them in January De Bruyne continually ghosted past Henderson like he wasn't there. Without Can and with a TAA/Lovren partnership at the back I genuinely fear the worst, this whole tie could be done and dusted tomorrow.
What a time to get a mini injury crisis.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games