Liverpool V Leicester - Thursday 1st January 2015 - KO 3PM

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:21 pm

Same again please, 3 points once again is a must

We really should be turning these over, would like to see our current manager going with the same team from the Swansea match but can see him bringing SG back into the starting line up
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:25 pm

Wouldnt be suprised to see Balotelli or Lambert start ahead of Sterling to give him a rest.

Skrtel Got booked so he has a ban. So Lovren or Toure will have to replace him. Lucas and Hendo work well together so if Gerrard is going to come in I hope its further forward and maybe rotate the attacking midfielders around.

We should be beating these we look alot better at the back with Can and he looks like the player to take charge of a situation.

Any news on whether Sterling may get punished for that punch

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:13 pm

Obviously if some of the players are out on their feet then Brendan will have to make changes but I'd try to make as few alterations as possible, our next league game after this isn't until the 10th, thats plenty of time for our first teamers to get some R&R.
The likes of Jones, Lovren, Gerrard, Allen, Balotelli, Borini etc can hold the fort against Wimbledon.
We really can't afford to be dropping points against the likes of Leicester at home if we want to finish in the top 4, especially when we are trying to make up ground on the leading pack. I know it's a cliche and we've been using it a lot lately but this really is another 'must win' game. They all are when you are tailed off.
I'd go with this side -

Mingolet

Can         Toure       Sakho

Markovic          Lucas      Henderson         Moreno

Lallana      Coutinho

Sterling
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:57 pm

LFC1990 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:25 pm wrote:Wouldnt be suprised to see Balotelli or Lambert start ahead of Sterling to give him a rest.

Skrtel Got booked so he has a ban. So Lovren or Toure will have to replace him. Lucas and Hendo work well together so if Gerrard is going to come in I hope its further forward and maybe rotate the attacking midfielders around.

We should be beating these we look alot better at the back with Can and he looks like the player to take charge of a situation.

Balotelli should start (Sterling needs a rest) and I'd also bring Lovren in for Skrtel, as I think he needs a run with Sakho and Can.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:03 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:57 pm wrote:
LFC1990 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:25 pm wrote:Wouldnt be suprised to see Balotelli or Lambert start ahead of Sterling to give him a rest.

Balotelli should start (Sterling needs a rest) and I'd also bring Lovren in for Skrtel, as I think he needs a run with Sakho and Can.

Think Lovren is still injured i think
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:27 pm

Toure it is then. Hopefully he can keep Skrtel out of the team for a while.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:42 pm

Breaking : Raheem Sterling will face no action from FA over clash with Swansea's Federico Fernandez

AND....

Swansea's Jonjo Shelvey has been charged with violent conduct by the Football Association after appearing to catch Liverpool's Emre Can with his arm during Monday's 4-1 defeat at Anfield.

Midfielder Shelvey was not punished by referee Andre Marriner during the game, but the incident was caught on video.

He has until 18:00 GMT on Wednesday, 31 December to respond to the charge.

Shelvey, 22, tweeted after the loss  to say the contact with Can was unintentional.

More to follow.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:04 pm

I expect to see pretty much the same line-up as against Swansea only with Toure instead of the suspended Skrtel and Gerrard in for Manquillo, with Henderson going back to right wing-back. I expect Moreno to get another game while Markovic will probably remain on the bench.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:35 pm

damjan193 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:04 pm wrote:I expect to see pretty much the same line-up as against Swansea only with Toure instead of the suspended Skrtel and Gerrard in for Manquillo, with Henderson going back to right wing-back. I expect Moreno to get another game while Markovic will probably remain on the bench.

This is the problem, to accommodate Gerrard you would expect him to drop Manquillo and put Hendo back to wing back, well Hendo has performed poorly at that position, he's not a wing back, I would leave the midfield as it is. In fact I would play the same team except for Toure in place of the suspended Skrtel, why change what's not broken. There's time to rest players against Wimbledon.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:47 pm

Boocity » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:35 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:04 pm wrote:I expect to see pretty much the same line-up as against Swansea only with Toure instead of the suspended Skrtel and Gerrard in for Manquillo, with Henderson going back to right wing-back. I expect Moreno to get another game while Markovic will probably remain on the bench.

This is the problem, to accommodate Gerrard you would expect him to drop Manquillo and put Hendo back to wing back, well Hendo has performed poorly at that position, he's not a wing back, I would leave the midfield as it is. In fact I would play the same team except for Toure in place of the suspended Skrtel, why change what's not broken. There's time to rest players against Wimbledon.

I didn't say I want this, this is what I think Rodgers will do. I wrote my opinion on Gerrard and what his role in this team should be in his thread. If I were being asked, I'd probably play the same line-up as yesterday.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:41 am

damjan193 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:47 pm wrote:
Boocity » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:35 pm wrote:

I didn't say I want this, this is what I think Rodgers will do. I wrote my opinion on Gerrard and what his role in this team should be in his thread. If I were being asked, I'd probably play the same line-up as yesterday.

I wasn't accusing you, I was stating you, like everyone expects him to change things to accommodate SG, I could have worded it better.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:21 pm

Most papers and websites reckon SG will return to the first team, I reckon BR is missing an opportunity here to show he will pick a team based on form and not reputation.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:01 pm

Leaked team courtesy of Rawk

Mignolet – Emre Can, Touré, Sakho – Henderson, Gerrard, Lucas, Moreno – Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling.

Henderson back at WB and Gerrard handed license to stroll around in front of our back four. If this turns out to be the line up, then I will be seriously pissed off
given the performance of Manquillo and Henderson against Swansea when placed in their more natural positions.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:17 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:01 pm wrote:Leaked team courtesy of Rawk

Mignolet – Emre Can, Touré, Sakho – Henderson, Gerrard, Lucas, Moreno – Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling.

Henderson back at WB and Gerrard handed license to stroll around in front of our back four. If this turns out to be the line up, then I will be seriously pissed off
given the performance of Manquillo and Henderson against Swansea when placed in their more natural positions.

Absolutely agree, players must wonder what they have to do, our best performance for a long time and he wants things for the next match to fit a 34 year old into the team.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:51 am

FFS you think we turn a corner and then Rodgers pulls this s**t out his a***.

Enough is enough STOP PLAYING GERRARD IN A DEFENSIVE ROLE.  :angry:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games