Liverpool V Leicester - Thursday 1st January 2015 - KO 3PM

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:42 pm

Gerrard isn't so much of a liability in this formation, yes we looked good against Swansea but we weren't too shabby against Arsenal either.
My main concern is that we've got Hendo and Moreno as wing backs, personally I'd like to see Markovic (and eventually Sterling) out there, particularly at home against a side like Leicester. Attack is our best form of defence IMO. We turned a corner by being bold, I hope Brendan isn't slipping back into that cautious mindset he had earlier on in the season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:22 pm

I don't know about that Yakka, problem is Gerrard and Lucas together are not the most mobile of midfielders, that's why Hendo looks better in there as he covers far more ground. If he is insisting upon restoring SG then he needs to drop Hendo as he's never a wing back, it's the square pegs in round holes thing again just to accommodate a player that shouldn't be necessary for this match. Changing a team just for the sake of changing it has been shown not to work, why change something that's not broken, there's absolutely no point to it.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:25 pm

"Steven will come straight back in," said the Northern Irishman. "He's a wonderful player and servant to this football club, and he's been brilliant for me in my time here.

"I've just got to manage his games. When I came here two-and-a-half years ago, everyone talked about whether he could play in my type of football. He was arguably the player of the year last year.

"I'm just managing his game time and he understands my situation of picking the team and making it fresh as often as we possibly can. He missed out the other night but he'll play

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:57 pm

It's Leicester what are you lot worried about, what could possibly go wrong!  :rasp

hehe... I have learnt the hard way to fear any team that we play these days. *****, even if we played the local street kids, i'd give em a chance against our defence. If we could somehow manage not to concede and win... that's measurable progress rodgers can rant about all day.

I just have this gut feeling if we score the first ball into our half will result in a crazy bizarre goal.
killerp

Postby C-R » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:00 pm

Official Confirmed Team

Liverpool XI: Mignolet, Can, Toure, Sakho, Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson, Moreno, Coutinho, Lallana, Sterling.

Substitutes: Ward, Lovren, Lambert, Manquillo, Borini, Markovic, Ojo.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:01 pm

Balotelli dosn't even make the bench, but young Ojo does
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:07 pm

cardiff-red » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:00 pm wrote:Official Confirmed Team

Liverpool XI: Mignolet, Can, Toure, Sakho, Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson, Moreno, Coutinho, Lallana, Sterling.

Substitutes: Ward, Lovren, Lambert, Manquillo, Borini, Markovic, Ojo.

That line up looks a bit negative to me considering we are at home to the side bottom of the league.
I'm sure he could have afforded to put Markovic in there instead of Henderson.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:07 pm

LFC1990 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:25 pm wrote:"Steven will come straight back in," said the Northern Irishman. "He's a wonderful player and servant to this football club, and he's been brilliant for me in my time here.

"I've just got to manage his games. When I came here two-and-a-half years ago, everyone talked about whether he could play in my type of football. He was arguably the player of the year last year.

"I'm just managing his game time and he understands my situation of picking the team and making it fresh as often as we possibly can. He missed out the other night but he'll play

He is basically sticking two fingers up to everyone saying he will do as he pleases, okay it maybe work out well but why chance it, also to say say SG was player of the year last term is another joke, he's either in awe of Gerrard or SG has more power over the changing room.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:41 pm

United dropped points, either Soton or Arsenal (or both) will drop points as well and I can't see Spurs winning either. Should really win this.

Not surprised with the line up but not happy either. All this trouble to accommodate someone who's rarely even helping the team  :no
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:46 pm

Boocity » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:07 pm wrote:
LFC1990 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:25 pm wrote:"Steven will come straight back in," said the Northern Irishman. "He's a wonderful player and servant to this football club, and he's been brilliant for me in my time here.

He is basically sticking two fingers up to everyone saying he will do as he pleases, okay it maybe work out well but why chance it, also to say say SG was player of the year last term is another joke, he's either in awe of Gerrard or SG has more power over the changing room.

:0
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:53 pm

any links ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:58 pm

damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:59 pm

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Kash_Mountain » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:01 pm

maguskwt » Jan 1st, '15, 15:46 wrote:
Boocity » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:07 pm wrote:

:0

He fears SG. Have to move him on. Imo, he's actually stifling other players at the club

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:01 pm

nice one lads  :nod

wiziwig is dead  :down:  but got this one http://firstrowusa.eu/soccer/first-live ... -row574b88
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games