LIVERPOOL v Everton Sun 10th Dec 2.15pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:02 pm

I'm not one to mince my criticisms with managers at this club, and Klopp hasn't had the 'character' pass from me either.

He was, we were simply unlucky IMHO. And I'm not one to use the 'unlucky' card too often either but I genuinely felt we were unlucky against the bitters.

Okay, some have bemoaned his in-game management and the only questionable decision made there was subbing Salah off as early-ish as he did, but he put golden boy Bobby Firmino on as his replacement.

And at that stage we were still totally controlling that game. Everton practically never ventured in our half for 80 minutes and we had the intensity to pin them back and they couldn't deal with that. That was probably the only 1-0 position we've actually been in where I could never envisage them scoring. This is Liverpool now, and under Klopp we surrender leads like nobodies business and I'm usually twitching even at 2-0 up away to somebody like Stoke. That wasn't the case in this game. It was unique as we BOSSED it.

And I agree with Klopp that it was never a penalty and that was the decision that took away 2 pts from a game and certainly not anything he or his players (inc Lovren, unusually) did.

Yes, we should have built on our lead and we were guilty of not doing that but sometimes you have to see out 1-0 wins as well, and it's something we haven't really mastered (protecting out lead).
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:59 pm

Said this in another thread BUT for all you armchair managers I'll say it here as well

Whilst I agree that (for whatever reasons) Jurgen didn't field our strongest eleven, like everyone in this forum and the world outside I thought What the f*ck is this !!!!!  :wwww

BUT !

Let's calm down a little bit and take another look at the game.

We totally f*cking dominated it.

What let us down ?

Was it really Jurgens team sheet ?   OR two poor decisions from individual players that let us drop the points ?

1, Mane went for glory instead of squaring the ball to one of THREE team mates who would have had an easy tap in , 2-0 up game over !
2, Lovren inside our box goes into headless chicken mode and instead of just showing the oppo (lone !) attacker on to the outside decides instead to shove him over for one of the softest penalty's I,ve ever seen.

Gutted as everybody else is in here about the result , but even though I question his starting eleven, if it wasn't for the two errors mentioned above none of us right now would be questioning him.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:45 pm

We are also lucky Mo Salah created that bit of magic to create and score his goal. Had he not done so, we would have lost the game 0-1. As for all our posession first half, we didn't look like scoring up until that point.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games