Liverpool v's Everton 4th December 8.15pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:13 pm

Boom. 8 points clear and we didn't even need Salah
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:20 pm

Great result. Fantastic goals. Amazing stuff from Sadio and Divvy. Having said that it was a great team performance. That’s game number one in December out of the way. Only 9 to go !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:38 pm

Just about to watch the highlights on MOTD (I only listened to it on the radio).
Btw I just noticed apart from Adrian and Lallana that was the team that beat Barcelona 4-0 last May.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:43 pm

I'm sure the boss isn't too happy about the sloppy goals conceded. Must be delighted with Shaq, thought he had a great game. Really happy for him. And Origi looks like he can finally get his feet sorted.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby eds » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:49 pm

How good was Origi?

If only he could play like that every game. Happy we kept him last season, he really is a fantastic squad player and full of goals when it counts.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:15 am

Thought that was a great win and don't mind admitting I panicked when I seen that starting line up. 5 goals and it should have been 7 or 8 easy.

Mane was excellent and Div also. Delighted for shaq that he scored but surprised he played the full game. Usually Klopp eases lads back in and would have thought that with Mo and Bobby out he would have went with Ox.

Anyway 3 points by beating Everton without our strongest team makes it all the more sweet  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:20 am

Was worried when I saw the starting 11 but that was a great performance. Conceded 2 cheap goals in the first half but we scored 5 really good goals and were able to slip into 2nd gear in the second half which was a nice change. Thought Shaq was excellent and Mane is just unplayable. We'll need to use the squad in the next few months and this was a good sign.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:34 am

Daft as it sounds, I kinda feel sorry for Silva and Everton in a way. As a person, he seems like a decent enough bloke, and everyone is asking the same question week after week "Are you going to have a job tomorrow...". Plus, the Bitters are the first to row in behind LFC on the JFT96 topic. Sad to seen them where they are in the league. I hope they stay up. Not an Everton fan of course, but they do seem to have decent values as a club.
I'll prob get a 6 week ban for posting this but....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:55 am

Ah fek em...I Don't think they would be soft towards us if the roles were reversed.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:11 am

Origi’s clearly been studying Thierry Henry videos :)

And it’s staggering how consistent Mane has been since he arrived here...he’s always been good but I think he’s stepped it up a level this season. Great attitude.

Have to admit I was worried when I saw the lineup but it was surprisingly comfortable in the end despite a few minor lapses.
Franky000

Postby Reg » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:10 am

Great result and no injuries. The Klopp/Shaquiri relationship is a starnge one, glad the lad scored and glad to see Origi get 90 minutes to show he's more than a supersub. Lallana continues to frustrate. Well done reds!

I don't think any of us want to see the bitter go down which would only exacerbate the badwill between their fans and us. The relationship won't improve until they get their act together and actually have a team to be proud of. Until then....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:13 am

Very happy to wake up in Oz to that result and very surprised at scoreline

Continue that march to Holy Grail
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:08 am

What a night , atmosphere was amazing to start with , very emotional to start and then it just burst into life. Some first class football mixed in with the odd bit of mess

Ballsy of Klopp to make so many changes but they worked

Lallana was class - the amount of off the ball hidden from the camera work he does it unreal , so crucial ,Milner jusr a machine , Origi - the man loves to perform under lights - class and Shaqiri - some brilliant touches

Great night
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:33 am

At the end of the game Ally McCoist on Amazon Prime was eulogising about Lallana’s work off the ball and how impressive he was. His analysis certainly wasn’t in accord with the majority on here or indeed my own opinion. I know you can see things differently at the ground but for the life of me I just didn’t see anything with regards to his on the ball work to get excited about. I hope I’m wrong because Adam definitely has ability but for me he has never fully got back to the player he was after a number of injuries.

As for Everton lads let’s not get soft on those bitter fkrs. They are still celebrating City winning the league last season !! As for the clown on Prime that claimed it was known as the friendly derby I think he is slightly out of touch. Remember the seat stickers the bitters left behind at Anfield not that long ago. What did they say “OFFENDED BY EVERYTHING - ASHAMED OF NOTHING” !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:24 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:08 am wrote:What a night , atmosphere was amazing to start with , very emotional to start and then it just burst into life. Some first class football mixed in with the odd bit of mess

Ballsy of Klopp to make so many changes but they worked

Lallana was class - the amount of off the ball hidden from the camera work he does it unreal , so crucial ,Milner jusr a machine , Origi - the man loves to perform under lights - class and Shaqiri - some brilliant touches

Great night

Agreed great night but sorry Lallana was not class he was decidedly average from what I could see, it was his poor clearance that led to their first goal, the midfield and defence were far stronger when he came off.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games