LIVERPOOL v Everton Sun 10th Dec 2.15pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:53 pm

Nothing like gifting Everton a free chance.
Last edited by Ghost of Shankly on Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:00 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:40 pm wrote:Rotation or not. The crucial moment in the match was the Mane chance that he should have squared for a certain goal. That cost us the points. He should be dropped for three games and b*tch slapped by Klopp for that debacle.

If you had the Fab 4 playing Mane horrendous decision would have been forgotten as we would have created loads of additional quality chances..We hardly created any chances the first half..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:03 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:37 pm wrote:I love Jurgen but imo that line up today was disrespectful to this club and this city. Liverpool and Everton have a shared history that stretches right back to St.Domingo's in the mid 1870's. To put out a team with Solanke up front and Milner and Henderson in MF is just taking the p[iss]. Would he have played that team against Spartak in that all or nothing game midweek? Would he f**k.
I still can't believe it.

Spot on... If rotation doesn't work then why the Fck do it? In spite? Get your big guns in and if the score allowed it sub them later not the other way around..ffs.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:36 pm

You would have assumed Klopp to start our best Xi today and then rotate on Wednesday. I was very surprised with the line up but to be honest i had a feeling that is what it will be.
We should have won this had we made better decisions abd finished our chances.
Mane should have passed the ball and we could have sealed it. Some of the hate here against Mane for doing that is disrespectful and pathetic. Yes he fecked up but he rarely does anyway.

Anyhow oh well we picked up 1 point up next West Brom.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 pm

Never looked in any real danger of conceding when Salah was on the pitch ,the lad was pulling the Bitterz all over the shop and kept them on the back foot for the entire time he was on the pitch. I think if the truth be known it was a game too far with regards to the rotation,I mean the line up even took me by surprise and to leave out arguably our four best performers against Spartak was bordering on lunacy,we knew they would sit back and defend for their proverbial lives so I didn't see the need for two defensive minded midfielders when the other night Can and Wijnaldum gave the best performance from a midfield partnership I've seen all season .

I mean to suggest that game was ours for the taking is probably the greatest understatement since Jimmy Greaves uttered those now  immortal words "footballs a funny old game" well today he wasn't kidding ,the bitterz had no pretension of scoring a goal until Lovren decided to personally put a bow on the present he dropped under their wilting Christmas tree.

I just don't see the point in having the most potent attacking force in the league and then undermining that potential by keeping what's best about it on the bench ,I mean how is that beneficial to the team  ??? I guess I'm just a bit down at the minute ,possibly due to having to barge past the gloating Bitterz outside Anfield,who looked absolutely elated with a point they never even looked like prizing away from this game,all seemingly happy enough to shout loud enough for long enough to end up dancing in their own ***** .  :angry:

It feels like a loss and it should, you just simply put out the best team available against these cuntz because it means more than points in this city  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:07 pm

Santa » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:16 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:11 pm wrote:Are you F'kin blind sunshine?? Have you watched the game at all?? Are you the only one who failed to see Shyte-for-brains Lovren push him?? Do that on the box and it's a penalty. He fooked up. Let the man get behind him and played catch up. Referee perfectly placed to see it. F'kin idiot.

Yes Lovren was dumb and as a professional player playing at the highest level you can't really be more stupid than this shit stain...but it was NEVER a push however you see it, so we were robbed, both by our manager and by the referee. Big Sam went away smiling at the daylight robbery at Anfield here today

Never a push? Aren't you just ever so slightly biased? Blatant push everyday of the week. Pains me to say it but it was a def peno. If that happened up the other end and we got nothing we'd be going apeshyte on here.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:10 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:52 pm wrote:Never looked in any real danger of conceding when Salah was on the pitch ,the lad was pulling the Bitterz all over the shop and kept them on the back foot for the entire time he was on the pitch. I think if the truth be known it was a game too far with regards to the rotation,I mean the line up even took me by surprise and to leave out arguably our four best performers against Spartak was bordering on lunacy,we knew they would sit back and defend for their proverbial lives so I didn't see the need for two defensive minded midfielders when the other night Can and Wijnaldum gave the best performance from a midfield partnership I've seen all season .

I mean to suggest that game was ours for the taking is probably the greatest understatement since Jimmy Greaves uttered those now  immortal words "footballs a funny old game" well today he wasn't kidding ,the bitterz had no pretension of scoring a goal until Lovren decided to personally put a bow on the present he dropped under their wilting Christmas tree.

I just don't see the point in having the most potent attacking force in the league and then undermining that potential by keeping what's best about it on the bench ,I mean how is that beneficial to the team  ??? I guess I'm just a bit down at the minute ,possibly due to having to barge past the gloating Bitterz outside Anfield,who looked absolutely elated with a point they never even looked like prizing away from this game,all seemingly happy enough to shout loud enough for long enough to end up dancing in their own ***** .  :angry:

It feels like a loss and it should, you just simply put out the best team available against these cuntz because it means more than points in this city  ???

Eloquently put.
Klopp should answer for his selection.
Was anybody injured and couldn't start?
I thought i was imagining things when i saw the line up.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:23 pm

Wrong team selection cost us v Chelsea and again today.

Klopps fault this, no one else.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:39 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:37 pm wrote:I love Jurgen but imo that line up today was disrespectful to this club and this city. Liverpool and Everton have a shared history that stretches right back to St.Domingo's in the mid 1870's. To put out a team with Solanke up front and Milner and Henderson in MF is just taking the p[iss]. Would he have played that team against Spartak in that all or nothing game midweek? Would he f**k.

Absolutely dreading going into the office on Monday mate ,Bitterz have no shame when suddenly emerging from the woodwork and it will make my f*cking blood boil listening to their protestations ,only fans in the red half of the city will feel the real pain that draw inflicted.

I wonder what Klopp would have said as a player if the then Mainz manager had set up without their four best players against Frankfurt in their f*cking derby  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:16 pm

Wasn't too upset with the line up and we dominated with the team we put out. If Mane would have squared it we would have probably gone on to win comfortably.

The problem I have with the result is the in game management from Klopp. We are 1-0 and it became comfortable with Everton happy to defend looking for one chance on the counter.. so what does Klopp do? He takes off the player thats causing all the damage and puts Firmino out wide?

Now we have 2 slugs in Center midfield, a statue upfront in Solanke and Firmino who lacks pace playing the wing.

Then as predicted Everton get there one chance with a lofted ball and Lovren being the naive knucklehead that he is decides to put his hand in Calvert-Lewins back, and he goes down like he's been shot. Then obviously they score the pen.

Now thanks to Klopp we have our most effective player on the bench and no creativity on the field. He put Coutinho on but Everton just parked the bus after that.

It's 2 points lost through sheer stupidity.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:45 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:39 pm wrote:

Absolutely dreading going into the office on Monday mate ,Bitterz have no shame when suddenly emerging from the woodwork and it will make my f*cking blood boil listening to their protestations ,only fans in the red half of the city will feel the real pain that draw inflicted.

I wonder what Klopp would have said as a player if the then Mainz manager had set up without their four best players against Frankfurt in their f*cking derby  ???

In a way mate we got exactly what we deserved, we were arrogant, we thought we could put out a scratch side against a proud old club and Everton showed us exactly what English football is all about. Yes they were s[hit], yes they could barely string two passes together, yes some of their football was right out of the Stone Age but they fought and they scrapped and they scrambled and they ran their blood to water and above all they never gave up.
We on the other hand thought we only had to turn up, we had one of the best attacks in Europe at our disposal today but didn't even bother to put it out on the pitch, maybe we thought Everton weren't worthy enough opponents to warrant the fab 4's presence, who knows, on top of that when we had the chance to put the game away we put personal glory ahead of teamwork. The whole game was like one of those Greek plays about hubris and we were on the wrong end of it. We even had to suffer the sight of Wayne Rooney fulfilling his boyhood dream of scoring at Anfield in a Merseyside Derby.
The footballing gods certainly rubbed our faces in it today, but that's what happens when you are arrogant, as we all know this game is like no other for coming back and biting you on the @rse.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:45 pm

cheer up lads we closed the gap over Chelsea and Manshiite...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:46 pm

That starting line up was baffling to say the least and I thought he was taking the pi$$ starting Solanke in a Merseyside derby. Still we could have reached our full strength side if we had made the right ones early in the second half. Off with Solanke for Firmino, Ox for Coutinho and Milner for Can and we would have put them to the sword. Why he decided to take Salah off is also anyones guess as he was our best player. Why did he decide to bring Ings on now in this game ? wtf is he at, and has he no concept of what this game is about. Winning that game would have seen us gain some ground at a valuable time but its like he either didn't know how to win it or want to.

We controlled the game easy enough but the lack of quality without Coutinho and Firmino linking things up was evident. Salah was the only one up front that threatened them. Poor decision from Mane to not pass but I wouldn't say we lost the game because of just that. Ox just hasn't got the passing range of coutinho or the speed to move with the ball like he does. I hope we aren't going to try and use him as a direct replacement for Phil. Good game from Robertson and Gomez. Both played well and Klavan wasn't bad either. You can see an improvement with regular games.

Klopp can say whatever he wants about that  but in this moment Jurgen you royally fooked up  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:50 pm

I think this was the kind of game where we should have started our strongest side, did a job on Everton in the first half and then taken off a couple early on in the second half. Everton have been atrocious this year and under Allardyce they were always just going to sit back and make it hard and we could have probably done with at least Coutinho trying to pierce there defensive with a pass etc. . Even when they went a goal behind, they showed no endeavour to do anything in an attacking sense. Don't think this was the game to start Solanke either. He struggled against such an ultra defensive team.

Saying that, had Mane squared the ball for a tap in we would have gone on and won comfortably and would all be applauding Klopp for keeping our main players fresh. All about fine margins.

Not the result we wanted, but in the grand scheme of things it's not a disaster as long as we keep up with our recent form. It's all very tight from 3rd to 6th and we are will in the mix for a 2nd-4th finish. I don't see anyone finishing above City, they are on a different level to every other team in the league. Feels very strange looking up and seeing them already 16pts ahead of us before we have even hit the half way point.
Doeboy

Postby damjan193 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:01 pm

I still don't see the starting line-up as a problem. We dominated the game and created enough chances to win it whilst we didn't allow them a single chance apart from the soft penalty. What more can a manager do here? His only mistake today was withdrawing Salah. I personally blame Mane the most for this result, closely followed by brain dead Lovren, and also the ref.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games