LIVERPOOL v brighton Wed 3rd Feb 8.15pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:18 am

So frustrating.....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:25 am

red till i die!! » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:05 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:I don't know what the fook Klopp is thinking when he puts Origi on the pitch. The only thing I can possibly think of is two fingers to the owners "this is all I have". Then again, he bought Taki.
Origi brings nothing, he's talentless. The window is closed, nobody is watching him, nobody will buy him, period.
It's not his fault we lost that or didn't even get a point.
Insipid performances all over the park. Mo had a stinker. Trent was asleep for their goal and couldn't put a decent cross in all night.
Gini and Shaw: nothing all night.
Brighton fully deserved that for their gutsy defending and ambition. Things we absolutely did not show tonight.

Klopp isn't buying or targeting the players Mate. He said as much the other week.

What does he mean by that then? That he's not even looking at players for when he does have money? Is he hoping some young fella will appear out of the academy or the u23's? They were murdered during the week by Manure. Who incidentally played a young lad from the Ivory Coast who apparently has ended their interest in Sancho, he's that good. And he's 18. What are we doing like that then...
Maybe this is an overreaction and yes we have a lot of injuries this season but you have to wonder about the medical staff, how players are rehab'ed back from injury or they're not reduced from happening so often. Naby, always injured - surely there's something more to that or did they duff the medical before signing him. Matip - worse than Darren Anderton ever was and we still didn't sign a back up or get rid. Ox - copy Naby or Matip and paste. Plus I don't think he's good enough anyway. Taki - bought to sell merchandise in the far East? Cos he's done nothing since he got here and Klopp doesn't seem to trust him. Origi - don't know when his contract runs out but it's not quick enough.
To me, there's so much more going on than a bunch of players who are tired after a ridiculous couple of seasons. We're too slow to pick up decent players that other clubs seem to have a headstart on. That fella Godfrey at the Bitters - they picked him up on the cheap and it was one area we needed players. Phillips was off in Germany and only called back when there was a crisis. Not good enough before that. But the Bitters picked up a player we could have had. Other clubs have done the same...
And we stagnated.
Last edited by bunglemark2 on Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:27 am

I kind of knew we weren't going to win the title but this just seals it. Pathetic performance, just null and void, I've had enough. Maybe it is true, we are a team that feasts when crowd is behind us.

UCL spot will be a struggle and tbh I wouldn't be surprised if Leipzig kick us out of the comp.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:31 am

bunglemark2 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:25 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:05 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:I don't know what the fook Klopp is thinking when he puts Origi on the pitch. The only thing I can possibly think of is two fingers to the owners "this is all I have". Then again, he bought Taki.
Origi brings nothing, he's talentless. The window is closed, nobody is watching him, nobody will buy him, period.
It's not his fault we lost that or didn't even get a point.
Insipid performances all over the park. Mo had a stinker. Trent was asleep for their goal and couldn't put a decent cross in all night.
Gini and Shaw: nothing all night.
Brighton fully deserved that for their gutsy defending and ambition. Things we absolutely did not show tonight.

Klopp isn't buying or targeting the players Mate. He said as much the other week.

What does he mean by that then? That he's not even looking at players for when he does have money? Is he hoping some young fella will appear out of the academy or the u23's? They were murdered during the week by Manure. Who incidentally played a young lad from the Ivory Coast who apparently has ended their interest in Sancho, he's that good. And he's 18. What are we doing like that then...
Maybe this is an overreaction and yes we have a lot of injuries this season but you have to wonder about the medical staff, how players are rehab'ed back from injury or they're not reduced from happening so often. Naby, always injured - surely there's something more to that or did they duff the medical before signing him. Matip - worse than Darren Anderton ever was and we still didn't sign a back up or get rid. Ox - copy Naby or Matip and paste. Plus I don't think he's good enough anyway. Taki - bought to sell merchandise in the far East? Cos he's done nothing since he got here and Klopp doesn't seem to trust him. Origi - don't know when his contract runs out but it's not quick enough.
To me, there's so much more going on than a bunch of players who are tired after a ridiculous couple of seasons. We're too slow to pick up decent players that other clubs seem to have a headstart on. That fella Godfrey at the Bitters - they picked him up on the cheap and it was one area we needed players. Phillips was off in Germany and only called back when there was a crisis. Not good enough before that. But the Bitters picked up a player we could have had. Other clubs have done the same...
And we stagnated.

Following the 1-0 Premier League defeat to Burnley on Thursday night, the Reds boss said: “These decisions are not my decisions. I cannot decide if we do something in the transfer market or not.”

Klopp was asked to clarify exactly what that meant at his press conference ahead of the FA Cup fourth-round tie at Manchester United and he said: “Of course somebody else is making the decisions. It was always like this.

“We discuss the situation pretty much on a daily basis, could we improve something or not and we make recommendations but I cannot spend the money. I never did. Is that news to you?

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/sport/america ... r-BB1d0dv8 read it on the echo i think but this popped up first.

Think he just says I need a player for this position and the club line up targets and see what they can get the best deal from. I really don't think he has money to spend either because of the way the deals done in the summer were structured. Now we need a centre half and it took our last remaining one to go for the rest of the season before we would act and even then it was 2 players for a combined 2.5 mil with 1/2 a mil up front or something like that. He has no money until he sells something imo. Then he probably has a list to pick from just like Rodgers said he had to.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:55 am

What just bugs you about this season is that the title was there for the taking. Easiest title City will win that is for sure.

We've got a slot of work to do in the summer, time to get out deadwood/crocks, work on creating a new side as a few lads are getting into their 30s.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:23 am

redshade » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:55 am wrote:What just bugs you about this season is that the title was there for the taking. Easiest title City will win that is for sure.

We've got a slot of work to do in the summer, time to get out deadwood/crocks, work on creating a new side as a few lads are getting into their 30s.

We definitely don’t work as hard without the ball as we used to, everyone used to go on about how we were a nightmare to play against because we were constantly winning the ball high up the pitch and all over teams like a rash, we never used to give opposition players a minute, these days we don’t stand out for our work-rate anymore, I’m not saying we are lazy, we work as hard as anyone else but a while back we clearly stood out.
We used to top all those distance covered/turn overs in the final third etc etc stat tables but now we are like 6th and 7th etc.
As you say a lot of our stalwarts in the MF and up the top end of the pitch are either over or rapidly approaching 30 (Hendo, Gini, Mo, Sadio, Bobby and of course Milner), I don’t think it’s a coincidence that as those players have aged our effectiveness without the ball has dropped off.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games