LIVERPOOL v Everton Sun 10th Dec 2.15pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:22 pm

They will probably have no game plan as fat Sam is hardly a master tactician, is he!? He will probably play 5 in midfield with shrek upfront and just tell them to get stuck in and kick the hell out of us. Fortunately, their defence has got a lot more holes than ours, and we should be able to pick them apart. Just like against Brighton/ Spartak etc.
I personally would go full strength, and make subs second half if we are comfortably ahead:..

Migs
Gomez Lovren Klavan Robertson
Wjnaldum Hendo Coutinho
Salah firminho Mane

He may rotate and put the OX in there, or maybe llalana, or even Sturridge instead of Firminho. Either way we should have too much class for this lot.
I just hope it's not milner and Hendo in midfield again :(

In the Manc Derby, I fancy it will be a draw, which is perfect for us.
Amen :p
Last edited by Ghost of Shankly on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:31 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:36 pm wrote:Forecast for snow tomorrow morning. But they have undersoil heating at Anfield!?? Should have enough time to clear the snow so I can't see it postponed

The issue isn't the pitch but the access to the stadium..if transportation will be effected the game will probably be postponed.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:34 pm

only me » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:31 pm wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:36 pm wrote:Forecast for snow tomorrow morning. But they have undersoil heating at Anfield!?? Should have enough time to clear the snow so I can't see it postponed

The issue isn't the pitch but the access to the stadium..if transportation will be effected the game will probably be postponed.

That's a valid point also. I think officials are meeting at Anfield in the morning. :(
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:50 pm

The last thing we would want is the match to be rearranged in this hectic period.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:52 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:34 pm wrote:
only me » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:31 pm wrote:

That's a valid point also. I think officials are meeting at Anfield in the morning. :(

I'm travelling down from Newcastle in the morning  :( will have to keep an eye out. If anyone hears anything keep us updated  :)
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:50 pm

Checking on the official website should be the first port of call matey
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:16 am

Klopptomaniac » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:52 pm

I'm travelling down from Newcastle in the morning  :( will have to keep an eye out. If anyone hears anything keep us updated  :)

I've just woke up and let the dog out the back mate and there's no sign of snow as of yet. It's absolutely freezing though so it wouldn't surprise me if we got a sprinkling of snow at some point. Given its clear now though unless we get hit by some sort of freak blizzard I can't see the game being called off.
Make sure you wrap up warm though, the dog usually likes a mooch around the garden of a morning but it took one sniff of the air and legged it back in the house to get by the fire  :D . Baltic isn't the word.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:00 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:16 am wrote:
Klopptomaniac » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:52 pm

I've just woke up and let the dog out the back mate and there's no sign of snow as of yet. It's absolutely freezing though so it wouldn't surprise me if we got a sprinkling of snow at some point. Given its clear now though unless we get hit by some sort of freak blizzard I can't see the game being called off.
Make sure you wrap up warm though, the dog usually likes a mooch around the garden of a morning but it took one sniff of the air and legged it back in the house to get by the fire  :D . Baltic isn't the word.

Spot on mate. On my way now. Hopefully we smash these
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby devaney » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:06 am

This game is massive. Everton are on a bit of a high. New manager and whilst he has his obvious limitations his teams are never easy to play against. Thanks to West Ham if we give this lot a bit of a spanking we go third and a couple of months ago I never dreamed that I would be saying that !! I just hope Klopp doesn’t try and be too clever with team selection.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:54 pm

It's been snowing quite a lot where I am, and I'm not far from Anfield, hopefully the game is still on.

I predict we will bag at least 3 goals today :)
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:10 pm

Liverpool line-up vs. Everton: Mignolet, Gomez, Lovren, Klavan, Robertson, Henderson, Milner,  chamberlain, Mane, Salah, Solanke.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:28 pm

Milner and Hendo in midfield? Solanke up front? I seem to be saying this every week but I hope Jurgen knows what he is doing, Chelsea lost yesterday, Arsenal are currently 1 down against Southampton and at least 1 team from City and United are going to drop points today as well. How often does that happen? How often do we get presented with an opportunity to make ground on so many of our rivals all at once?
This is a derby game and we are resting our best player...
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:30 pm

No Firminho or Coutinho? Milner in midfield? He did the same thing v chelsea and we failed to win. I'm stumped. We'll be lucky to win at all with that lot.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:31 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:54 am wrote:It's been snowing quite a lot where I am, and I'm not far from Anfield, hopefully the game is still on.

I predict we will bag at least 3 goals today :)

There's a few wisps of snow mate but it's ***** all really. It's not sticking or anything like that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:35 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:28 pm wrote:Milner and Hendo in midfield? Solanke up front? I seem to be saying this every week but I hope Jurgen knows what he is doing, Chelsea lost yesterday, Arsenal are currently 1 down against Southampton and at least 1 team from City and United are going to drop points today as well. How often does that happen? How often do we get presented with an opportunity to make ground on so many of our rivals all at once?
This is a derby game and we are resting our best player...

:nod

Pedestrian midfield, is Jurgen afraid that any flair we have in the squad will be cancelled out  by fat Sams tactics and he's decided to substitute Brawn for Brain ?

My confidence for 3 points in this game has taken a knock   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games