Liverpool v Everton Saturday 21st October 2023

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:28 pm

Nice goal from Mo and great play by Nunez to set it up.

But it's been a subpar performance overall.  But I'll take it with a 2-0 score
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:29 pm

bunglemark2 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:28 pm wrote:
Boocity » Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:25 pm wrote:Apart from scoring the pen Mo has been very poor today.

right on cue....
but....
he's been poor today
Well done Nunez

He must have read it. Got new kit on his apple watch
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:30 pm

FT 2-0 sub-par performance but history will remember this as another win
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:32 pm

so many poor performances today - Klopp needs to ask some serious questions of Konate in particular.
but he wasn't alone today.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby devaney » Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:51 pm

Ok we weren’t great but playing against 10 men is never the advantage you imagine it to be. Mo not great but did what Mo does, brilliantly taken penalty and a well taken finish off a great Nunez assist.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:14 pm

One of those games when we have massive possession but zero threat on goal. That had 0-0 all over it.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:24 pm

Can't complain about the three points. Well deserved win imo BUT !

Not sure where the "heavy metal" footy has gone  :(  Seems like it's now more "paint by numbers"

I know it's not easy to play against a brick wall defence but too often we're slow, pedantic and easy to read.

No doubt we have quality players, I'm just struggling to see any magic .

Still scratching my head about Mac Allister  and waiting for him to shine, in fairness to him even Virgil mentioned post match that Mac Allister isn't playing in his best/favoured position.

Makes me wonder if Endo should be given more of a go to show what he can do at DM .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:31 pm

Didn't think anyone stood out in that and overall it was a poor game but delighted we got 3 points. 1st kick off after an international break is always tough for us as most of the lads are tired and jetlagged.

Despite the performance I'd take that result off them any day.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:40 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:24 pm wrote:Can't complain about the three points. Well deserved win imo BUT !

Not sure where the "heavy metal" footy has gone  :(  Seems like it's now more "paint by numbers"

I know it's not easy to play against a brick wall defence but too often we're slow, pedantic and easy to read.

Still scratching my head about Mac Allister  and waiting for him to shine, in fairness to him even Virgil mentioned post match that Mac Allister isn't playing in his best/favoured position.

Makes me wonder if Endo should be given more of a go to show what he can do at DM .

Not loving Mc Allister at all in that role but think klopp might feel he's still the better option over Endo.  From what I have seen of him I don't think he's good enough tbh. Looks very slow, not a great passer and his control can be poor. His positioning was a bit suspect as well but I'd put that down to not knowing the system but you can't mask the other stuff.

I'm hoping that Brazillian lad comes in January.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:15 pm

Good win.. but it wasn't a great performance. I think we got abit lucky with Konate not picking up a second yellow aswell.

We were slow in possession and gave the ball away cheaply far too often. The hospital balls Mac Allister plays is alarming when he's playing CDM.. he nearly cost us another couple of goals today.

I thought Salah was awful, maybe the worst he's played all season, I can't remember him beating his man once all game. Can't believe he got MOTM.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:18 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:40 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:24 pm wrote:Can't complain about the three points. Well deserved win imo BUT !

Not loving Mc Allister at all in that role but think klopp might feel he's still the better option over Endo.  From what I have seen of him I don't think he's good enough tbh. Looks very slow, not a great passer and his control can be poor. His positioning was a bit suspect as well but I'd put that down to not knowing the system but you can't mask the other stuff.

I'm hoping that Brazillian lad comes in January.

Not sure about you're comments re Endo.  "Looks very slow, not a great passer and his control can be poor. His positioning was a bit suspect as well "

What the FK are you expecting from a DEFENSIVE midfielder ???   An Olympic Sprinter ? An Alexander Arnold passer of the ball ? If he had those qualities he'd be wasted as as a DM.

With the flair we have in the rest of midfield and up front gimme a determined crunch tackling DM  protecting the back line any day of the week .

As for "His positioning was a bit suspect as well"  :laugh:  tell me you're joking ? Jap captain , knows his job, only pass you get on this is that you admit he's not been given the chance to play in the system.

Only sensible thing you've said is "I'm hoping that Brazillian lad comes in January"

I agree  :nod , flagged him up in a comment some months ago as a definite improvement to the squad but little reaction from the mob in here.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:40 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:15 pm wrote:Good win.. but it wasn't a great performance. I think we got abit lucky with Konate not picking up a second yellow aswell.

We were slow in possession and gave the ball away cheaply far too often. The hospital balls Mac Allister plays is alarming when he's playing CDM.. he nearly cost us another couple of goals today.

I thought Salah was awful, maybe the worst he's played all season, I can't remember him beating his man once all game. Can't believe he got MOTM.

:nod  Re Salah , totally agreed ! 

Did he get MOTM for an admittedly great taken penalty and an on a plate finish from a pass by Nunez  ?

Apart from that , what did he do ?  Tried to run the defender but lost the ball again and again.

Thought he was miles away from the Salah we know and love but truth be told I wanted him subbed off at half time.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:49 pm

As others have said, it is not easy playing against 10 men that park the bus anyway. Still, we were slow with the important passes and we were never really challenged so played without real intensity. Definitely was a red and Konate should have also been sent off but I think even had he been sent off we were winning that match, it might have been easier at 10v10. Mo doesn’t seem the player he was, not saying he’s sulking about not going to Saudi but he doesn’t look as happy to play as he did.

Overall happy Dayz since we got all three points and kept a clean sheet against a banana skin team. Onwards and upwards. Gone is heavy metal football but we have become a professional outfit able to grind out results. Not as exciting but maybe more dependable.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:19 pm

It wasn't pretty but we got the job done. These were the games we were losing or drawing last season. 12.30 kick offs against the lesser sides. Thought Gravenberch looked top class in the first half.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:53 am

As RTID mentioned early kick off after an international break it was hardly going to be a performance for the ages. Everton are actually in a decent run of form since they got a few of their players back from injury and are a million miles away from the pushovers of the early weeks of the season as well. Job done as far as I’m concerned. Like Eagle I thought Gravenberch looked superb until he tired
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games