LIVERPOOL v Everton - Sat 27 Sept - 12.45ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby aCe' » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:39 pm

2 upfront, Sterling behind. Gerrard sitting deep and Henderson given a bit more freedom to join the attacks. Anything else and we struggle to play the direct attacking style that has served us well last season. Sturridge is a big miss and as things stand we have very little movement higher up the pitch and our best chance of creating comes from Gerrard playing the long passes from deeper. Opponents are picking up on our limitations and the loss of Suarez has made us exponentially easier and more predictable to defend against. Unless Markovic suddenly turns world class or Lallana steps up his game by a significant amount, I dont see the need in starting 3 attacking midfielder only 1 of whom creates or penetrates with any real purpose or effectiveness. I'd much rather give the likes of Borini and Lambert another chance upfront and if nothing else, their presence higher up might open up some space for Balotelli to show what he brings to the table.

I'd go with this:

Mignolet
Manquillo
Skrtel
Lovren
Moreno
Gerrard (dropping deeper to receive from back4)
Henderson
any of: Coutinho, Lallana, Markovic in a deeper CM role
Sterling (behind the 2 forwards)
Balotelli
Sturridge if fit/ if not, Lambert or Borini
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:06 am

I can't see Balotelli lasting the whole 90 mins, if there's to be a red card I'd put money on it being him! Them Everton scamps will wind him up no end.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:39 am

My favourite fixture! 

Migs 
              Skrtel    Lovren
Manquillo                        Enrique
                   Gerrard
     Henderson         Lallana
                   Sterling
            Sturridge    Balotelli
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:00 am

Sturridge and Coutinho listed for late fitness test. Henderson may also have one.

Despite the importance of the game if Sturridge isn't 100% fit I'd rather we didn't play him and avoid running the risk of possibly seeing him out for another couple of weeks.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Red Focus » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:21 am

If Sturridge is back and playing at his best, we stand a chance of winning. If he doesn't play, it will be another Villa like game. Sorry to be negative, but even if Sturridge plays, he won't be match fit. So I just cannot see us even getting a draw here if we're going to start lethargically and concede a few goals like we did in the last 2 PL games. Everton at the moment are too good for Liverpool.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:16 am

Redfocus can I ask what makes you suggest Everton are too good for us

They lost at home to palace and palace are very bad away

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:42 pm

It's been a ***** few weeks for LFC supporters, now we have Sterling being linked to Madrid, injury to key player...

:censored:

If we lose this one... its all over

killerp

Postby Boocity » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:14 pm

Red Focus » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:21 am wrote:Everton at the moment are too good for Liverpool.

Where did you get that from, Everton have just 1 win in the PL this season and have just lost to Palace and got thrashed by Swansea in the cup :no
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Focus » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:53 pm

Ok, I said that purely out of frustration because I am p*ssed off by what I am seeing at we played for the last 2 PL games. It's been a 180 degrees turn from last season all because we've lost one man. Any PL team knows how to play Liverpool at the moment ie attack right from first whistle while we're being lethargic, grab one or two goals and park a train in front of your goalie and that's it, you've got your 3 points. If we don't buck up, it will be the same old cr*p again for the derby.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:03 pm

No arguing we have been very poor defensively but so have Everton. This game will come down to who can defend better on the day IMO - We get it right defensively, the game is ours. If we continue to f00k up, then Everton will make us pay and we will be in trouble. However think we will pull out a performance tomorrow. Fancy us to be chomping at the bit to put things right at home after a couple of really abject performances. Hopefully Sturridge will be back because he is quite clearly our main man up front.
Doeboy

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:25 pm

If Danny is fit he wont start as BR wont want to risk him. Saying that Sturridge would be great to come off the bench especially when everton start to get tired

Got a feeling Mario will have a good game tomorrow

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:32 pm

Judging by how the players were divided today on training, this should be our line-up:

Mignolet

Manquillo      Skrtel      Lovren      Moreno

Henderson  Gerrard

Markovic          Sterling            Lallana

Balotelli

Not bad, but I would rather play Coutinho in the number 10 role, Sterling on the right wing, with Markovic on the bench. Coutinho has been pretty bad lately but Markovic has shown nothing whatsoever to deserve a start, especially in a derby. He's not even used to neither the team nor the league yet.

This would be my ideal starting 11 though, but I doubt it will happen:

Mignolet

Manquillo        Skrtel        Lovren       Moreno

Gerrard

Hendo       Lallana

Coutinho

Sterling     Balotelli
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:02 pm

If Balloteli is able to avoid sending off i'll consider it a great game by Mario.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ballotelliman » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:37 am

:buttrock Super Mario to score  last minute overhead kick to win the match
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:36 am

ballotelliman » Sep 27th, '14, 00:37 wrote::buttrock Super Mario to score  last minute overhead kick to win the match

Let's hope that we've already stuffed them by half time  :nod

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games