Liverpool v Everton 5th May 2013 1.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby kartiek » Sun May 05, 2013 2:19 pm

Gerrard has looked super energized for this one.
Sturridge not making the best of decisions and definitely not finding his shooting boots today.
Henderson has been impressive. Lucas started really well, and has generally kept up the good work.

Clearly when there's a lack of space, we do miss Suarez. But we ought to have converted that glorious chance near the 40 min mark.
kartiek

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun May 05, 2013 2:29 pm

They look as though they have something to lose. Everton aren't allowing us room and are working really hard and it's paid off for them. They're not much going forward thank Fowler but you just know we're a set-piece away from giving them the lead.

I'd be inclined, for 15 mins or so to pull Coutinho out left and let him have a go at their RB and try and find some space down there because through the middle Everton aren't giving us much room to get on the ball and look up - they've done their homework on us.

Gerrard has been everywhere he's had a great first half. 

Fellani is a dirty c.unt.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun May 05, 2013 2:30 pm

I also think that Gerrard has been fantastic in this one, but I think that our other two midfielders, Lucas and Henderson, have been under performing.
Coutinho has done all that he can but Sturridge needs to forget about being selfish. I think we'll score in the second half and we'll get the 3 points.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sun May 05, 2013 2:47 pm

Nothing wrong with their goal there I feel.  Really nothing in it, that one went our way.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun May 05, 2013 3:26 pm

Enrique was s.hithouse, so was Johnson, how Downing managed 78mins only Rodgers will know and Sturridge was frustratingly s.hit too.

When games and players have been like that it's been Suarez who's made the difference for us this season. Fair play to Everton they did well in easily nullifying us and our Brazilian.

Fellani should be up for assault the dirty c.unt - bet the FA won't take "retrospective" action on that moppy headed c.untox.
Last edited by Kenny Kan on Sun May 05, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sun May 05, 2013 3:26 pm

Not much of a game.  Their goal should have stood, but Fellaini threw a total of 4 elbows (that we know of) that could have all seen red, so I'm not sure they entirely have all that much to complain about.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby mart » Sun May 05, 2013 3:28 pm

Boring game and a Sh*t ref.
Fellaini should have been sent off and everton should have had their goal.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun May 05, 2013 3:29 pm

How was Enrique Sh*t?

I actually think we did what we could. Some of our players under performed but Everton are no Newcastle that's for sure. They are a though team. Really wish we finished above them this season but maybe we didn't deserve it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun May 05, 2013 3:32 pm

Poor game. Think Everton made it the kind of game they wanted it to be. One to forget
Doeboy

Postby parchpea » Sun May 05, 2013 3:41 pm

We were poor today and both teams looked like they just want the season over.

Expected we might really give it a go but we just never got anything going which was
disappointing.

Usual suspects average again so we need some serious upgrades especially in midfield.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Sun May 05, 2013 3:45 pm

What a ***** game which we should have lost.

How do you go from 6-0 to 0, doesn't any of that confidence & ability carry over to the next game??
killerp

Postby JC_81 » Sun May 05, 2013 3:49 pm

Not the best performance.  Too many had off days - Enrique, Johnson, Downing and Sturridge were the pick of the worst.

Gerrard was superb and Coutinho showed some glimpses of class again.

All the talk will be of Distin's disallowed goal but for me he pushes Carra to allow him a clear run to the ball, there was no foul on Reina.  None of the paper talk will be of Fellatio's repeated elbowing of our players.  He should have been off the park.  But hey, if your name's not Suarez that sort of stuff doesn't sell enough papers to make it worth writing about.

Once Henderson went off we had no legs in midfield and that's when Everton started controlling the game.  This really has to be addressed in the summer.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun May 05, 2013 3:55 pm

Pi'ss poor performance, only Gerrard and Carragher had a decent game. Sturridge was too slow and casual, Enrique needed to lift his head up, Johnson was woeful again and Downing is a useless cu'nt. Did well to scrape a draw considering how them dirty tw@ts play.
Its all down to the last 2 games...
:D
Thommo's perm

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun May 05, 2013 5:09 pm

***** performance to sum up a ***** season

Atmosphere is appalling
Benny The Noon

Postby Reg » Sun May 05, 2013 5:28 pm

Horrendous. That was a derby game? Neither team showed any passion, urgency nor desire to win.

Honest, that was awful.  Both sides were happy to take the point.

2 pages on a derby thread sums up Liverpool's season fizzling out to nowt.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games