Everton vs Liverpool, 3 September 2022, 12:30PM

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:27 pm

Not good enough!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:28 pm

Not good enough. We had our chances but ultimately we're lucky we didn't lose and they got their goal disallowed by VAR.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:36 pm

Milner has been a unbelievable servant for the club, but his legs have gone. He's good to have around the club for moral or to shove on in the last few minutes, but that should be it.

We didn't play bad today, but we also didn't play good. People who defended us not strengthening the midfield in the transfer window.. this is what happens. I'm consistently moaning and have been moaning because the writing has been on the wall and I'm expecting these results.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:38 pm

Pi$$ poor performance. Again.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Penguins » Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:00 pm

The whole start of the season has been awful except one performance against a newly promoted team. The league is over and it's time to try and get top 4.
And I am getting more and more worried about Salah now that he's got his payday....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:38 pm

Didn’t see the game, had to work but apparently we were pretty ordinary which is a shame given the bold line up. Would have loved to see it work with both Elliott and Carvalho in the starting XI.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:52 pm

Penguins » Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:00 pm wrote:The whole start of the season has been awful except one performance against a newly promoted team. The league is over and it's time to try and get top 4.
And I am getting more and more worried about Salah now that he's got his payday....

:nod , Yeah , he's gone from "Egyptian King " to "Egyptian Mummy" . Just don't see the magic there this season. Given his drop in performance since last season I think his transfer value must have been slashed by 50%.  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:38 pm

Well this really is a sh1t start to the season !! Salah looking bang average. Nunez looks a work in progress. Trent not at his best. Thank gawd for Ali and VAR !!

Napoli will be interesting??
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:32 pm

I thought Milner looked terrible, the worst I ever saw him but he was a real liability. Anything dangerous came off him and thank god Klopp made the change taking him out of RB and into RM, still he looked bad but less of a liability. I have a feeling we won’t see him playing unless we are completely desperate.

Salah seem to play last year with a chip on his shoulder, he wanted to prove to the owners what he is worth, this year he seems a fraction of what he has given us over the years. I thought Nunez just looks nervous and over eager, he seems to be snatching at chances. His attributes are good, just the mentality but he is young. Missing Mane’s mentality!

We need to sort things out for the CL matches, can’t go out in the group stages, I feel we will gel as the season gets going and play a better second half injuries aside.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:22 pm

One of the reasons Jurgen cited when talking about why he signed a new contract was that he knew a major rebuild was coming down the line and he didn’t want to ride off into the sunset with all the praise & plaudits leaving his successor with the problem of having to build a new team. We are clearly in a phase where we are between era’s, a lot of the old guard like Sadio & Gini have gone and most of the other members of that team like Hendo, Bobby, Milner etc are getting on. I think as fans we need to be realistic, top 4 would constitute a good season all things considered. Let’s face it we are not a City or Chelsea who would both throw money at this rebuild, Jurgen is going to have to get his magicians hat on again because our owners will want it done on the cheap.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:19 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:22 pm wrote:One of the reasons Jurgen cited when talking about why he signed a new contract was that he knew a major rebuild was coming down the line and he didn’t want to ride off into the sunset with all the praise & plaudits leaving his successor with the problem of having to build a new team. We are clearly in a phase where we are between era’s, a lot of the old guard like Sadio & Gini have gone and most of the other members of that team like Hendo, Bobby, Milner etc are getting on. I think as fans we need to be realistic, top 4 would constitute a good season all things considered. Let’s face it we are not a City or Chelsea who would both throw money at this rebuild, Jurgen is going to have to get his magicians hat on again because our owners will want it done on the cheap.

Well said yakka, If we were a City we would've got Bellingham or the likes here already.
Klopp will get the wheels going and we've got enough talent to get a UCL spot.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:09 pm

Terrible performance and we were lucky to get a point out of that game! We were really only playing with 10 men because 400 K Salah wasn't there at all only by name!!!!!   I was so disgusted by Klopp's decision not to replace him at HT, gutless!!
It will be a hard and long season for LFC, considering the other clubs' squads' strengths ours is very far behind, it looks so thin, Milner has really gone with no energy, shame he has been an excellent player for us.  The best prospect is trying to finish in fourth place, however, that might be hard to achieve, I know it is still early in the season, it is only 76 days for the big disruption of the World Cup games, it is going to be a very odd season!

Gold Luck Lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby Reg » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:31 pm

I don't understand this talk of Bellingham. LFC never leak their intentions and normally act fast so this is the complete opposite.
All I know is we've had 3-4 transfer windows to offload our deadwood and we haven't done so, so the problems we have now are entirely predictable.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:26 pm

The annoying thing is all our rivals have improved so much during this window and all are under a transitional period themselves. Everyone is dropping points so we're realistically still in the title race and only 5 points behind City.

If we'd have brought in a world class CM which we are desperate for we could be sitting top of the table with the run of games we've had.

We must have earned so much money last season with the 2 cups won, the UCL final, and the league position. We could have won the quad and I reckon the board would have still made Klopp sell to have money to spend on transfers. Where is the motivation when the owners have no ambition to improve when we're on top?

I've noticed both Salah and Diaz are playing way too wide which is leaving the striker isolated every attack.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:36 pm

Entertaining watch and Pickford rescued a point for them with a number of saves. But in all honesty, it was a poor-quality game with neither side having any control or much quality.

We started brightly in the first 15 minutes and again it was Elliott who was pulling the strings. But they started to come into the game after that and had the better of the next 30 minutes.

We came out strong in the 2nd half and looked destined to break the deadlock. Firmino coming on for Carvalho made a big difference and he was starting to run the game. But when Klopp took off Trent and Tsimikas for Milner and Robbo, we lost any control we’d managed to obtain. After that it was just a poor-quality game that could have been 2 Championship teams facing off.

The midfield of Fabinho, Elliott, and Carvalho didn’t work. Carvalho especially struggled and I would have subbed him off at half time even if he didn’t have a knock. There was no control of the midfield with Fabinho in there by himself as only out and out midfielder. I know he’d only just arrived, but I would have bought on Arthur for the final 30 half because in all honesty our midfield couldn’t have been any worse and he is exactly the type of player we needed to get some control of the game.

So that’s 9 draws from our last 11 visits to Goodison Park. Not been a happy hunting ground for Klopp.
Eagle

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games