FIORIENTINA VS LIVERPOOL - Champions league, tuesday 29th sept 2009

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:48 pm

s@int wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Oh how we missed Xabi Cigg ,we missed his football brain, the game was cryin out for him, as wel asa few games ive seen this season,. We  also missed Javier tonight big time, imo he wasnt there to step in an disrupt the play whenever our fullback went forward an they came on the break, I JUST HOPE HES BACK ON sUNDAY, Im not to ar.sed about tonights result tbh ,yes giutted we got beat , but we can come through this group, im more concerned about the Chelsea game tbh, Im hoping Agger does ok for the Ressies an all

We also missed Souness and Whelan Nanny, but sadly they have gone as well, time to move on  :D

TBH I think absence makes the heart grow fonder, and as soon as we don't see a player for a while the suddenly become twice the player they were. Agger has been out for a while and suddenly he is the answer to all our defensive problems. Crouch has been gone a while and he is the answer to all our attacking woes........ god help us when Kuyt goes
  :D

We are missing a top quality player in CM, hopefully once Aquilani is fit we wont be. I think it would have been a totally different game tonight if Masch had been fit. (I missed the first half, so I may be a little optimistic )  :D

I totaly agree  with the Javier bit Saint,

Its a bit to early though for me to be over our pass master yet though, maybe you can just jump from one to another but i cant :laugh:

I would love to be a lip reader in Spanish to understand what Rafa was saying on the bench to someone when the whistle went, Looked like he was gonna go an commit murders in the dressing room there, Sabes have a look an put it slow motion an lip read mate,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:52 pm

GYBS wrote:
s@int wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Oh how we missed Xabi Cigg ,we missed his football brain, the game was cryin out for him, as wel asa few games ive seen this season,. We  also missed Javier tonight big time, imo he wasnt there to step in an disrupt the play whenever our fullback went forward an they came on the break, I JUST HOPE HES BACK ON sUNDAY, Im not to ar.sed about tonights result tbh ,yes giutted we got beat , but we can come through this group, im more concerned about the Chelsea game tbh, Im hoping Agger does ok for the Ressies an all

We also missed Souness and Whelan Nanny, but sadly they have gone as well, time to move on  :D

TBH I think absence makes the heart grow fonder, and as soon as we don't see a player for a while the suddenly become twice the player they were. Agger has been out for a while and suddenly he is the answer to all our defensive problems. Crouch has been gone a while and he is the answer to all our attacking woes........ god help us when Kuyt goes
  :D

We are missing a top quality player in CM, hopefully once Aquilani is fit we wont be. I think it would have been a totally different game tonight if Masch had been fit. (I missed the first half, so I may be a little optimistic )  :D

mash instead of aurelio would of given us a little bit mroe control and he certainly would of improved that big hole in the middle and tracked the midfield runners more so i think if he had played we may of got a draw but not if he would of added anything going forward mate - if gerrard had played alongside lucas we would of got more control and more on the  offensive side mate Aurelio was the wrong choice totally .

The thing is if we had held them at the back, they would have had to come at us more, leaving more and more gaps for us to exploit. They could afford to just let us come on to them in the second half and hit us on the break. That wouldn't have happened ...... if we hadn't already conceeded two goals.

I saw the team before the game, and I thought it was good enough to win, but I did expect Gerrard in CM with Benny playing behind Torres.

I have just watched the goals and my first impression was that we had no one challenging their runners BEFORE THEY REACHED OUR CB'S. That wouldn't (or shouldn't) happen with 2 genuine defensive midfielders.
account deleted by request

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:55 pm

bigmick wrote:Coming back to Lynds' question the simple answer is that I don't know. I haven't seen any of the game and I know feck all about Fiorentina as a team, so I haven't got a magic solution.

Not having a go Mick but why make a comment why you havent seen the game?

Unfair on Rafa no? Mash is in Liverpool having treatment, Plessis and Spearing would have been out of their depth and Aurelio has played half a game against Leeds, just curious as who you would have prefered in midfield with your digs to Rafa. Our biggest loss to our CL squad is Xabi Alonso and he will be sorely missed we may not get very far this year due to his departure.

But Rafa was not to blame tonight I would say it if that was the case, but he wasnt, our players thought they only needed to turn up tonight and to blame Rafa for that shambles is a mistake, I can blame Rafa for one thing and that is why he continues to play Lucas when he is not good enough to play for Liverpool football club and thats it.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:00 pm

I agree with that too though, sometimes our guys think they can just show up against "weaker" opposition and somehow churn out a win it's frustrating at times.  I still believe the team selection was wrong though and hurt us a lot.
Zidane

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:01 pm

Would everybody here please just shut the phuck up about Alonso. He's gone, end of. Deal with it.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:03 pm

rafa must take a lot of the blame tonight for playing aurelio in the middle and not gerrard . He messed up there simple as . Now i dont normally have a pop at him but this time he messed up with his selection and must take it on the chin and not play aurelio in the middle again . If he wanted aurelio to play then he should of played in his proper position out left . You dont need to off seen the game to suggest that .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:03 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Would everybody here please just shut the phuck up about Alonso. He's gone, end of. Deal with it.

NO
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:04 pm

right.

aurelio in the centre? out of position and fresh from injury? bad move.
1st half each player was :censored: poor, every one of them guilty of giving away posession needlessly or not applying enough pressure.
2nd half = what the 1st half should have been, except we should have been more clinical.

We didnt turn up today, only positive i can think of is that this has given us the hunger and desire to prove ourselves against chelsea on the weekend. cos if we play like we did just then, especially as in the first half, we will be ripped apart.

not the end of the world, we still have time to redeem ourselves in europe, to be honest right now im just worried about chelsea on the weekend and how we're gonna bounce back from this...
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:04 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Would everybody here please just shut the phuck up about Alonso. He's gone, end of. Deal with it.

Its easier said than done when he controlled our play for 5 years and now he has gone, and some average midfielder on the lines of Jimmy Bullard has come in and taken his place.
How do you deal with that?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:06 pm

and playing lucas in the centre hasnt harmed us in the prem but now it does harm us ? Maybe we should look at who he is partnered with ? Last couple of games lucas has played well alongside gerrard and that shouldnt of changed .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:06 pm

NANNY RED wrote:

NO

Why keep going on about Alonso ? What's the point ? He wasn't there, so what's the point in coulda/shoulda/woulda's.....it's pointless.
Rafa screwed up. That much is clear.
We don't have a Plan B. That's also clear ('cos we don't have a bench good enough to make a difference. I mean, Voronin ? Gimme a break....What a wonderful attempted backheel just outside the box....Errrrr, Voronator - try to do it when there AREN'T a half dozen defenders around you, and when you've figured out how to do it, eh ?)
bunglemark2

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:09 pm

GYBS wrote:and playing lucas in the centre hasnt harmed us in the prem but now it does harm us ? Maybe we should look at who he is partnered with ? Last couple of games lucas has played well alongside gerrard and that shouldnt of changed .

Oh god I give up, he is feckin shabite end of.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:09 pm

Ciggy wrote:

Its easier said than done when he controlled our play for 5 years and now he has gone, and some average midfielder on the lines of Jimmy Bullard has come in and taken his place.
How do you deal with that?

Bollicks, mate...
It's easier done than said - he's gone. He's with Real Madrid now i.e. he's not our player.
Instead, we have either Lucas, Plessis, Spearing, or...... errrrrrrr....ummmmmm.....a crock yet to get 5 mins on the pitch.
So Rafa plays away from home with a midfield even on PAPER not likely to gel.
Sheeeeshhh....the man's a mystery....
bunglemark2

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:12 pm

GYBS wrote:rafa must take a lot of the blame tonight for playing aurelio in the middle and not gerrard . He messed up there simple as . Now i dont normally have a pop at him but this time he messed up with his selection and must take it on the chin and not play aurelio in the middle again . If he wanted aurelio to play then he should of played in his proper position out left . You dont need to off seen the game to suggest that .

I sense a movement towards the darkside Padawan :D
account deleted by request

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:15 pm

Ciggy wrote:
GYBS wrote:and playing lucas in the centre hasnt harmed us in the prem but now it does harm us ? Maybe we should look at who he is partnered with ? Last couple of games lucas has played well alongside gerrard and that shouldnt of changed .

Oh god I give up, he is feckin shabite end of.

if he is that poor then how come you havent been complaining during the winning run we have been on lately with him in the centre of the park during each of those games or is it easy to pick on lucas when rafa gets things wrong and the formation he picked was wrong and every player was poor on the night ? !
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games