League Cup: Norwich vs Liverpool, Tuesday 21st, 7.45pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:00 pm

Whilst Man City again get a home tie against lower league opposition in Wycombe Wanderers, we again play Premier League opposition away  ???

I'd expect heavy rotation again this season with the team for Brentford on Saturday left out of the starting 11.

Team for Brentford: Alisson, Trent, Robertson, Matip, van Dijk, Fabinho, Keita, Henderson, Salah, Mane, Jota
Injured: N Williams, Thiago, Elliott, Firmino

That would leave us with something like this:

Kelleher

Bradley          Gomez          Konate          Tsimikas

Milner
                     Ox                      Jones

Gordon                                    Minamino
                                  Origi

Subs:  Mane, Jota, Keita, Fabinho, Phillips, Robertson, Adrian

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:26 pm

Good analysis CHL. Apparently Pep Ljinders said in today's pre match prezza that Curtis is going to be starting so you've deffo guessed right there anyway.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:51 pm

Who's Bradley? Would Philip be a stand in at RB?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:38 pm

Cool Hand Luke » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:00 pm wrote:
That would leave us with something like this:

Kelleher

Bradley          Gomez          Konate          Tsimikas

Milner
                     Ox                      Jones

Gordon                                    Minamino
                                  Origi

Subs:  Mane, Jota, Keita, Fabinho, Phillips, Robertson, Adrian

I'd go with that line up.

Give it to the fridge players
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:51 pm

Reg » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:51 pm wrote:Who's Bradley? Would Philip be a stand in at RB?

Phillips at RB would be a disaster. Apart from the fact he would offer nothing going forward, he's really poor when having to come out wide and defend side on. Though he might end up at CB with Gomez at RB.

Conor Bradley is an 18 year old RB who had a strong season in the academy last year and featured in pre season with the first team in the summer. Also got his first cap for Northern Ireland recently. He and Kaide Gordon were both left out of the U23 game on Sunday so you'd expect both to make the match day squad tomorrow even it's only the bench.
Eagle

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:56 pm

Think Bobby is back at the weekend

Kelleher

Bradley
Gomez
Konate
Robertson

Milner
Jones
Ox

Taki
Origi
Jota
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:42 pm

Personally id like to see Nat play. Think he did enough last season to at least deserve it.  Klopp might just throw a curve ball and go with a flat 3  :laugh: 

Kelleher

Konate        Phillips      Gomez

Milner                                            Tsimikas

Keita         Jones
                                                              Mini              Ox              Origi

CHL's line up above is good also but for me these are the kind of games where we could be mixing it up a bit with the squad we have. Ox would love a shot at the Firmino role and the rest could do with the game time. The younger lads can come in off the bench during the second half. when hopefully we have a lead we can see out.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:15 am

Squad players need game time so hoping we progress in this competition. We will heavily rotate in this one, looking forward to it.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:18 am

Kelleher.

Konate         Phillip's         Gomez.

Milner                                             Tsimikas.

Keita          Jones.

Minamino         Ox            Origi.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:44 am

It wouldn’t surprise me if Norwich play a strong team given their start to the season and the pressure that the manager is under. I hate to disrespect domestic trophies, however I would much prefer that we concentrate on both the league and the CL. I would play virtually no first team players and leave it to the kids to get us a result. If they fail then so be it as there are much bigger fish to catch.

Once again the draw hasn’t been particularly kind. Premiership opposition and an awful place to get to. Do we really want to invest our time in this competition. I’d prefer we let City get on with it as they certainly have more success winning the EFL than the CL !!

COYR

YNWA
Last edited by devaney on Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:12 am

Dev, every team will try to win it this year to recover some of last years financial losses. Home games bring in a very handy income, even away games pay.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:22 pm

At just 16 years old Kaide Gordon will become one of the youngest players in Liverpool's history when he makes his debut in today's Carabao Cup tie at Norwich with the assistant manager Pepijn Lijnders describing the 16-year-old as one of “many diamonds” on the pathway to the first team.

Wiki tells me: Kaide Gordon (born 5 October 2004) is an English professional footballer who plays as a winger or attacking midfielder.

Kaide Gordon could make his first senior start for Liverpool in the Carabao Cup tomorrow - but it’s a decision that would cost the Reds £100,000.

The 16-year-old joined the club from Derby County in February 2021 for an initial £1m fee, rising to a potential £3m, depending on various bonuses.

Having been a breakout star of Liverpool’s pre-season campaign, Gordon has placed himself on the periphery of the first-team picture, despite only making his U23s debut earlier this season.

Jurgen Klopp is expected to name a much-changed team for his side’s trip to Norwich on Tuesday night and if Gordon is picked in the starting line-up, his former side will be owed £100k according to the Telegraph .
++

Good luck to the lad.  16... 2004... fookin' ell that makes me feel old.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:54 pm

Good start for us. Nice cross from the corner once again by Tsimikas and nicely won header by Origi, Minamino at the right place to score.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Welsh wizzard 13 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:04 pm

Ox 2 bad touches already misplaced passes he needs to give himself a shake
Welsh wizzard 13
LFC Member

Postby Santa » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:11 pm

This Keide boy is not lacking in confidence, is he?...pretty good so far
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<