CHELSEA VS LIVERPOOL - Sunday 20th november 4.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:57 pm

can't wait for this.
hopefully suarez will upstage the lot of em and especially renty who will bust a gut to sink us.
this will be a tough game for us,they can play well and like us have our ups and downs but they do have numerous threats so we need to be switched on till the final whistle.
i hope the worst case scenario is a draw.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby masterraj » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:06 am

Lets face it, we are going to really spank someone sooner or later with the amount of chances we are making. How nice would it be if it was this game :p ...1-4 is my prediction..
masterraj

Postby alwayslfc » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:27 am

We're down in 7th after Arsenal won. If we don't get 3 points, we're sitting comfortably on 7th which unfortunately was my prediction for this season and the Reds are sadly proving me right.

Let's go and scalp Chelsea with all our might and play with confidence. YNWA.
alwayslfc

Postby dundreamin » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:09 am

I reckon suarez will get accussed of racial abuse again by calling terry, " A f.ucking cockney w.anker. but is not abuse, its a FACT
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:03 am

Our season starts here....

Again
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:27 am

feeling pretty good about this, always look forward to the mighty reds play. Got a good feeling about this. Very interested to see how many knots Suarez manages to tie John Terry in. 2:0 to the lads. the second a late one from Andy :)
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby lakes10 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:45 am

not happy, was meant to be going today but i have to stay at home now(wife at work and could not get anyone to look after my daughter).

hope its going to be a good game, not sure we are playing them at the right time, i would have loved this game to be a week later after the international games.

1-1
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thinkpad » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:48 pm

damjan193 wrote:Yeah, Stevie's probably out, so it's a bit difficult to chose the right midfield for this one. I think that 3 players in midfield is a must or we're getting destroyed, think that much was obvious in previous games, even against Swansea. I think that what we need to do is relief Adam of as much as defensive duty as possible and let Lucas and his partner take care of the defensive part. Who should partner Lucas though is a huge dilemma for me. It's a bit risky but I'd go with Spearing. His style of play should bring balance in our midfield but I fear he might lack in ability and experience. My formation would be this:

Reina

Johnson     Carragher   Agger      Enrique

Spearing  Lucas

Adam

Kuyt                                      Downing

Suarez

Adam should show his best in this kind of formation where he's free to go forward. If things don't go well, we'll still have the likes of Henderson on the bench who can help if our midfield is lacking in creativity or Adam isn't doing his job well. We also have Bellamy and Carroll who can be real impact subs if used right in the right time. I believe we can do this, it won't be easy but I believe that our team is good enough and with the right tactic, line-up and use of subs we can win this and take the 3 points.

I like this formation.. Seriously, midfield will lose or win it for us. Sadly at the moment I can't see us excelling in that department. The lack of creativity, inability to cross and seemingly static players are the cancers that Liverpool can't seems to rid off. If take nothing from the last few games to come back stronger then I'm afraid Liverpool is more or less doomed to 6-7 position for this year's PL and possibly next. While it is true we cannot expect all the players to reach full potential but to underperform consistently until close to xmas is inexcuseable. Kenny need to come out with a working formation quickly and stick with it. Bring the players to a dribbling academy, get them to attend a football technical course to improve their vision and drop them in a remote island in Africa for survival Africa. Hopefully they learn teamwork and find a good use for the word Negritos..

I hope I am wrong and the team learnt something and took the long break to improve. Today is D-day for the team to me...
Thinkpad

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:19 pm

Just heard that Fernando Torres and Raul Meireles have been dropped for today's match :laugh:
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:22 pm

Liverpool team is

Reina,
Enrique, Skrtel, Agger johnson, ,

Kuyt Lucas, Adam,, Maxi,

Bellamy, Suarez.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:29 pm

Finally Maxi and bellamy gets a chance, but the timing is a bit strange for this.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby kalos » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:30 pm

anyone know of any decent quality links to streams of the match... ? Please share.
kalos

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:33 pm

would prefer to see Cara istead of skittles...but good to see Agger back. We also have a strong bench with Carroll, Downing and Henderson. 

Come on you redmen!
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:38 pm

I knackered got a stinkin cold feel like im about 30 seconds away from dropping dead BUT im
well up for this one ...... Come on the mighty Redmen  :bowdown
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:43 pm

Maxi in the team, good move, links up well with Suarez and does take his chances when he gets them.

Carroll, Hendo and Downing on the subs bench.............70odd million :laugh:
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games