Arsenal v Liverpool Monday 24th August 2015. KO 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:09 am

Monday night again ffs!

Anyway, I hope we make a few changes into the team. First of all, Gomez needs to be dropped. The kid has potential but still has a lot to learn, and even though I don't particularly like Moreno (especially his defending), I think he will be a better option for this one.

Secondly, the midfield needs to be reinforced. Since there's no chance in hell we'll start Lucas and Can together, I'd like to see a three man midfield with Can in it. Midfield is where the fight's going to be in this one.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:47 am

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:08 am

damjan193 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:09 pm wrote:Monday night again ffs!

Anyway, I hope we make a few changes into the team. First of all, Gomez needs to be dropped. The kid has potential but still has a lot to learn, and even though I don't particularly like Moreno (especially his defending), I think he will be a better option for this one.

Secondly, the midfield needs to be reinforced. Since there's no chance in hell we'll start Lucas and Can together, I'd like to see a three man midfield with Can in it. Midfield is where the fight's going to be in this one.

What makes it even worse is that the group stages of the Europa League start next month (which run right through to mid December) so we will have that Thursday/Sunday malarkey to put up with soon.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:20 pm

We could give players like ings and others a chance for europa games.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:17 pm

I'd leave Hendo out for this as he has some foot injury and we need everyone 100%.
I think we will go with this.

Mingolet

Clyne                   skrtel                  lovren           moreno.

Can        lucas       milner 

llama         coutinho

Benteke.

I don't think firmino will start and neither will gomez. We can take a point or maybe 3 if we are prepared to go at them in their own half. Benteke has got the beating of mertesecker easy so let him run at him. Cech is not the keeper he was and is struggling to settle so it makes him another weak link if we can apply enough pressure in and around the box. Any set piece is an opportunity for benteke so hopefully we will exploit that also.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:23 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:17 pm wrote:I'd leave Hendo out for this as he has some foot injury and we need everyone 100%.
I think we will go with this.

Mingolet

Clyne                   skrtel                  lovren           moreno.

Can        lucas       milner 

llama         coutinho

Benteke.

I don't think firmino will start and neither will gomez. We can take a point or maybe 3 if we are prepared to go at them in their own half. Benteke has got the beating of mertesecker easy so let him run at him. Cech is not the keeper he was and is struggling to settle so it makes him another weak link if we can apply enough pressure in and around the box. Any set piece is an opportunity for benteke so hopefully we will exploit that also.

I'm OK with that defence and midfield but I would rather we started with Ibe than Lallana. Although he's been poor the last two matches, I think he'll be more useful against Arsenal since, as someone already mentioned, they're not really comfortable with players able to run at them and ask questions of their defence. Markovic is a good shout as well.

Regardless, not much use talking about this since we'll probably see both Ibe and Lallana in the starting line-up with a midfield of 2 behind them, while I expect Lucas to be left out.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:17 pm

I honestly think we'll get hammered, Lovren is a decent option against physical sides but teams like Arsenal that move the ball quick and play in little triangles give him trouble, I think Gomez's positional awareness is going to be tested big time as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:50 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:17 pm wrote:I honestly think we'll get hammered, Lovren is a decent option against physical sides but teams like Arsenal that move the ball quick and play in little triangles give him trouble, I think Gomez's positional awareness is going to be tested big time as well.

I doubt we will get hammered Yakka. We have been playing defensive enough and I had read quotes from rodgers saying teams who have been successful in beating arsenal at the emirates average about 4 chances on target. I think it will be more of the same like against stoke and bournemouth where we created little.
Whatever about losing it but I would be shocked if it was by any more than 2.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:30 am

I also don't think we are going to get hammered like last season, it's not going to be a pretty game to watch though.

Rodgers will be setting up shop to play defensively and I can see us only creating chances on the counter, as Arsenal we be expected to dominate possession.

If we come away with a win or draw I will be happy with that. Not expecting much out of this game though.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:37 am

Rumour of Benzema being unveiled to the arsenal fans tonight which will fire them up especially Giroud

Can needs to start and put Sanchez in his pocket

Arsenal are very laclustre without him similar to how we was with suarez

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:44 am

Lallana injured as well, so probably see Firmino start
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:53 am

LFC1990 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:37 am wrote:Rumour of Benzema being unveiled to the arsenal fans tonight which will fire them up especially Giroud

Can needs to start and put Sanchez in his pocket

Arsenal are very laclustre without him similar to how we was with suarez

Limiting Sanchez is key (i still can't believe we didn't get him) ,he is their biggest threat.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:06 am

red till i die!! » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:50 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:17 pm wrote:I honestly think we'll get hammered, Lovren is a decent option against physical sides but teams like Arsenal that move the ball quick and play in little triangles give him trouble, I think Gomez's positional awareness is going to be tested big time as well.

I doubt we will get hammered Yakka. We have been playing defensive enough and I had read quotes from rodgers saying teams who have been successful in beating arsenal at the emirates average about 4 chances on target. I think it will be more of the same like against stoke and bournemouth where we created little.

I hope we don't mate but I was looking at the possession stats from the Stoke and Bournemouth games and we only just shaded it, even at home against Bournemouth there wasn't much in it.
I don't think we are set up in midfield to keep the ball this year and any side that can't keep the ball against Arsenal is going to have to do a hell of a lot of defending. I'm not convinced either that our back 4 has suddenly turned into Bould, Adams, Winterburn and Dixon based on the evidence of 2 games against mediocre opposition. At the end of the day we still have players like Lovren, Mingolet and a youngster in Gomez in our defence who have all got a mistake in them and the likes of Sanchez, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain etc are a completely different prospect to Jon Walters.
The one thing I am clinging to is that when you look at our team on paper we should be playing a lot better than we currently are, even without work on the training pitch you'd imagine if you just threw a collection of quality individual players like Coutinho, Firmino, Benteke, Clyne, Ibe, Can etc together that their performance level would be a lot higher than it currently is, I'm just hoping that we can somehow click tonight but I'm not hopeful.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:08 am

red till i die!! » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:50 pm wrote:

I hope we don't mate but I was looking at the possession stats from the Stoke and Bournemouth games and we only just shaded it, even at home against Bournemouth there wasn't much in it.
I don't think we are set up in midfield to keep the ball this year and any side that can't keep the ball against Arsenal is going to have to do a hell of a lot of defending. I'm not convinced either that our back 4 has suddenly turned into Bould, Adams, Winterburn and Dixon based on the evidence of 2 games against mediocre opposition. At the end of the day we still have players like Lovren, Mingolet and a youngster in Gomez in our defence who have all got a mistake in them and the likes of Sanchez, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain etc are a completely different prospect to Jon Walters.
The one thing I am clinging to is that when you look at our team on paper we should be playing a lot better than we currently are, even without work on the training pitch you'd imagine if you just threw a collection of quality individual players like Coutinho, Firmino, Benteke, Clyne, Ibe, Can etc together that their performance level would be a lot higher than it currently is, I'm just hoping that we can somehow click tonight but I'm not hopeful.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:04 pm

This is gonna be a massive test for Gomez if he starts.. The Ox and Sanchez are gonna be running at him testing his defending to the fullest.

Mignolet

Clyne    Skrtel  Lovren    Gomez

Can     Milner

Coutinho

Firmino            Ibe

Benteke

That's how we should set the team out imo, but I got a feeling Rogers might go abit more negative.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games