Diouf to spain? - Malaga offer on diouf

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Jelly » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:34 pm

LIVERPOOL are ready to take a £7m loss on El Hadji Diouf. 

Spanish side Malaga have enquired about the Senegalese international and even though they are prepared to offer only £3m, the Reds are likely to accept.

The man dubbed 'Serial Killer' cost Liverpool £10m in the summer of 2002.

But since arriving from Lens he scored just six goals in 80 appearances, while an attempted reinvention as a right-winger also failed.

Diouf (pictured) has lost his number nine shirt to new signing Djibril Cisse, and his miserable spell on Merseyside may also soon come to an end.

A report this morning, meanwhile, suggested Liverpool could be poised to hijack Spurs' move for Dutch midfield star Edgar Davids.

Source: Echo / www.liverpoolfc.tv

No-one at Anfield was available for comment, although Davids is reported as saying: "I've received two very interesting offers from England and will announce a decision in the next few days.

"I've been linked with a move to England for a long time and maybe it's the right time now."

Davids is a free agent after his contract with Juventus ran out, and the 31-year-old's £30,000 a week wages are not prohibitive.

This story has been reproduced from today's media and is not necessarily the position of Liverpool FC.
Jelly

Postby fivecups » Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:02 pm

While I think Diouf has undoubted talent and I would like to see him under Rafa for a season I will not mourn his passing from the club should he be transferred. 3 million is a heavy net loss for a player we bought only 2 years ago though.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Steph Gleave » Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:22 pm

It's a shame that a player with talent fail's to make the grade at Liverpool especially for the money we paid out on him a future lesson for the red's ie:Heskey £11million gone for £6.5 and Diouf bought for £10 million and being sold for £3 million we need to buck up in the transfer market which i think we'll do under Rafa.
Steph Gleave

Postby azriahmad » Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:31 am

It is good to dell him as he is totally unsuited to the Premiership, and do so while he still has some kind of market value. We don't know what kind of wages he is on and the longer he is in the squad and not achieving anything, the more Liverpool stands to lose from a future transfer.

It is not his fault that he has failed, not totally. His previous manager saw a value in him but has failed to utilise him fully.

Juat like Houllier was given a free hand to wield the axe and change the squad, if Benitez does not see Diouf as being a player he wants, we should sell him quickly. Being a failure in the Premiership, the fact that Liverpool will have made a loss on him should not be made too much of. Let him go and try his luck elsewhere.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion