WEST HAM VS LIVERPOOL - 9/5/2009  17:15 k.o.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bermenstein » Tue May 05, 2009 4:45 pm

We gotta keep the pressure on. Hopefully Arsenal will put them through Hell tonight and deplete their squad.
If we don't win this one, thats it for another season.
Where there is a will, there is a way, but If the Mancs win their derby game on Sunday, It is all over for defo.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Tue May 05, 2009 5:29 pm

Much better.

Tough match and the biggest must win of many must wins this season. It's still not over though if United beat City. If Arsenal beat Chelsea they'll be pushing for third and automatic CL qualification and could possibly get a result at OT. I don't think Wigan are going to do us any favours but Hull may need a result on the last day of the season to avoid relegation. We have to do our bit first though.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue May 05, 2009 5:55 pm

Can't wait for this one. Get my tickets through tomorrow. It could all swing back in our favour if other results goour way too.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue May 05, 2009 6:57 pm

a few weeks back, some people were saying this looked the trickiest fixture left, even trickier than Arsenal at home.  Last years visit to Upton park was terrible. It reminds be a little bit of the loss at Spurs this season, combined with our 0-0 draws this season, combined with the Lucas incident against Wigan this season.
JoeTerp

Postby Reg » Tue May 05, 2009 7:27 pm

We´ll roll them but I wouldnt be surprised it its a scrappy 1-0.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Tue May 05, 2009 8:45 pm

i think it could be a 3 - 0 win with torres back and gerrard i'm hoping we stuff them, putting us top and putting the presure on scum hope you lose big style

COME ON REDMEN get the job done
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue May 05, 2009 9:49 pm

Hold on a minute, Is Diego Tristan playing for them? How's he doing?

What a pity of a career Diego's, so much talent wasted. He was one of those players that even if he scored against your local team, you would know to respect his quality, but not the right mindset.

BTW, good thread starter Bermenstein. And Thank you for the informative note of Judge too in the other thread.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue May 05, 2009 10:01 pm

This one's going to be tough.  I can actually see us drawing this game.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby tubby » Tue May 05, 2009 10:15 pm

If we draw and Utd win on the weeknd we really will have to concede the title then. They are quite organised too now under Zola so it will be tough. They gave Chelsea a hard time a few months back so it won't be a stroll in the park. But hopefully Torres and Xabi will be fit and ready to start.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oreilly » Tue May 05, 2009 10:38 pm

I really fancy us----- no need to worry ! All our players are performing well and am surprised some are a little worried :-)
oreilly

Postby Owzat » Tue May 05, 2009 10:41 pm

Can Judge start a few match threads for the manc games.....................? I'm surprised Ronaldo survived this evening, he went down like he'd been shot so many times I figured he was bound to die of bullet wounds.

"Man in Emirates (grassy) knoll shoots portugese ars-hole"
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue May 05, 2009 10:42 pm

I was talking to a mortgage advisor a week or so ago, he happens to be a hammers fan. When I told him we'd won five and lost five at Upton Park in the Premiership he was surprised.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue May 05, 2009 10:45 pm

I am going to this game (got to sit with the West Ham Fans.....well one of thems my mate).

going to be a very hard game, West Ham play good football and theres always a chance with them.

hope for a very big win for us....just hope i dont jump up too many times when we get the goals.

1-3
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Tue May 05, 2009 10:45 pm

Fucker needs shooting.

This is going to be a tough one. If we get 1-0, I'll be happy.

Still have to prey for a miracle though re: Utd / points etc....  :(
tonyeh

Postby bigmick » Tue May 05, 2009 10:46 pm

I actually think this will be extremely tough for us. They've got plenty to play for and are a decent team, while at Home they have never been an easy nut to crack for anyone. Hopefully Torres will be fit as we'll need him, and the first goal will be absolutely vital. I hope I'm wrong but if my life depended on it I smell a 1-1 draw, with the Mancs have to beat Citeh to put it almost to bed. Curiously though, I fancy Citeh to roll them over and effectively kick the door wide open again, whilst slinging a half starved cat well and truly in the midst of the unsuspecting pidgeons.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion