WEST HAM VS LIVERPOOL - 9/5/2009  17:15 k.o.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat May 09, 2009 11:07 pm

Really good performance, the opener after less than 2 minutes made it comfortable but i genuinley think that if this season went on for another 5 games the title would be ours.

I am made up with not only the players have responded but also the manager - he seems to be making all the right noises about the draws and dropped points. They are and were frustrating but we are new to chasing the league and we will hopefully learn from this.

We appear to be going for it from the off rather than waiting until the second half when the opposition tire and that imo was our problem early in the season.

Our first team is as good as anyones on there day and we have proved it.

One thing i am unsure about is Riera - i was text by me mate last night telling me he had been dropped without a reason, not sure what is going on.
I think Riera has badly dropped in form for this second half of the season and if he keeps that up then he doesnt deserve to be near our team. But after the way he started i think he does have more than he is showing, if anyone has any info on why he was dropped from the whole squad tonight i would be interested.

On a side note Silva scored against Real Madrid tonight  :;):
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Sat May 09, 2009 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat May 09, 2009 11:07 pm

:laugh:  Rafa in his  interview on Match of the Day.

Interviewer: Do you still believe?

Rafa with a dead cheeky grin

Rafa: Yep

fecking love him to bits

:nod Song for tomorrow BLUE MOON
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat May 09, 2009 11:09 pm

NANNY RED wrote: :laugh:  Rafa in his  interview on Match of the Day.

Interviewer: Do you still believe?

Rafa with a dead cheeky grin

Rafa: Yep

fecking love him to bits

:nod Song for tomorrow BLUE MOON

Just love the little twinkle in Rafa's eyes.

No matter what happens, you can see what it means to our manager  :D

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat May 09, 2009 11:24 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:One thing i am unsure about is Riera - i was text by me mate last night telling me he had been dropped without a reason, not sure what is going on.

Interesting that Ace.

I hope there isn't a problem there because he's a player I rate.  I don't go along with the idea that his form has massively dropped off 2nd half of the season.  I think most of us were actually just expecting him to be sh.it when he signed due to his average spell at City previously, but then he actually turned out to be quite good.  Then he was bummed up by a lot of people to the point where fans overrated him.  But imo he's a very good player who has improved the team, without being top class.  He's delivered what an 8-9 million quids worth of player should be expected to.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat May 09, 2009 11:24 pm

just got back from the game..bloody trains

great to meet bavlondon after the game...was ment to meet him before the game, i was talking to him on the phone and we was walking around the pub with our hands up in the air so we could see each other....it did not work as we were not in the same pub lol.......bloody phones

great game, i had fun standing with the West Ham fans, most of them were say nice things about our team.

felt like we did not have to try for much of the game and we could have got more if we felt like it.
I do like Upon Park as you feel like you are almost on the pitch with them.

Mascherano got lucky today, another day he could have got sent off.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Sat May 09, 2009 11:26 pm

Number 9 wrote:
mrcool2003 wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
mrcool2003 wrote:Good win, pity we dropped silly points at home and away games at boro and wigan.

Its progress though.

You win  a prize for stating the most obvious!
Congratulations! :)

Any need for that m8?  :)

YES M8! :)

Not sure if you're joking or being a :censored:.
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat May 09, 2009 11:27 pm

Just got back from the game now!!! The queue to the station afterwards was ridiculous so we ended up going for a curry. :laugh: Great day out. Lakes sorry for the pub confusion earlier mate. :D

At one point today one of the :censored: stewards tried to throw out one of the fans. Everyone stated singing YNWA and the steward backed off. :D Brilliant day out though.

I've never noticed how Pepe turns the other way when we get a penalty. We were sat right behind the goal.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat May 09, 2009 11:30 pm

bavlondon wrote:Just got back from the game now!!! The queue to the station afterwards was ridiculous so we ended up going for a curry. :laugh: Great day out. Lakes sorry for the pub confusion earlier mate. :D

At one point today one of the :censored: stewards tried to throw out one of the fans. Everyone stated singing YNWA and the steward backed off. :D Brilliant day out though.

I've never noticed how Pepe turns the other way when we get a penalty. We were sat right behind the goal.

that queue ony took 10 mins to get to the station, it was just my train that did not run out of barking for another hour and 45mins lol.................so i could have come with you in the end lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat May 09, 2009 11:33 pm

Ahyou should have mate we found this great indian resturant. I bumped into some West Ham fans in the toilet as well. Praising our lads through the roof. :) :) I thought they would be pretty :censored: of with the score what with so many walking out. Still I didn't see any trouble at all today.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat May 09, 2009 11:34 pm

We Love you Liverpool we do. We Love you Liverpool we do. We Love you Liverpool we do. Oh Liverpool we love you

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat May 09, 2009 11:38 pm

bavlondon wrote:Ahyou should have mate we found this great indian resturant. I bumped into some West Ham fans in the toilet as well. Praising our lads through the roof. :) :) I thought they would be pretty :censored: of with the score what with so many walking out. Still I didn't see any trouble at all today.

just going to stick MD on and get some food, just phoned my brother in law up in new zeland to take the pee that we beat him.......last time i was at a West ham Liverpool game with him they beat us 4-1.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat May 09, 2009 11:41 pm

Yeah it was actually quite an easy game in the end. I expected them to make it tough for us and we never really even pressed them that hard.

Any news on why Torres was subbed? He wasn't injured was he? He looked like he couldn't be arsed today. Even in the warm up he was skying mostof his shots.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat May 09, 2009 11:48 pm

There I am bottom right. :cool:

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sun May 10, 2009 12:09 am

well Torres wasn't fit enough to play last week, plus he wasn't playing that great, and we were already up by two goals. I didn't read anything into him being taken off.

Disagree about Riera's recent form. There was certainly a mid season drop off, but in April he was playing at a pretty high standard or at least his early season standard. In limited time against Chelsea, he crossed for Kuyt's goal, he assisted to Torres against Arsenal, and ran Blackburn ragged. He also scored a nice goal in the last game in March. Yossi did not look very good on the left today, at least it wasn't up to his standard of the last 3 months.  And on the countdown to kickoff show on LFCTV they said that Riera had a knock and that Agger was with his baby mama who was having a child
JoeTerp

Postby tubby » Sun May 10, 2009 12:18 am

Kuyts crossing was good today. His crossing generally has improved a lot recently.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion