Voronin - I'll be back at liverpool next season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:06 am

Ah yes the topic, Voronin. He's better than many give him credit for, and bizarrely has instantly become the second best striker we've got, but ultimately he isn't good enough. Shame really but there it is.

he'd be better if he'd go at his man more  :)
Last edited by bigmick on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:09 am

aCe' wrote:Its the Voronin thread Nanny.. its about as close as you'll get to general chat so i think everyones excused on this occasion... ffs werent you talking about Kung Pao chicken and duck dumplings and all a few pages back :laugh:

ona side note... mods do a fine, fine job keeping everything organized :)

:D .. sorry had to give it a try :D

Erm the chinese was in reference to Voronin , i do believe me lord, well food anyway , he is fat an fat equals to much food does it not, case ajourned  :laugh:

Here talking about cases Stevie is up next week his trail starts, opps sorry wrong thread :;):
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:12 am

haha.. this forum has gone mental... hopefully the game tonight gets everything back on track....
I'll go for a Voronin hatrick with Kuyt ripping their leftback a new a*hole :)
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:12 am

I hate Chinese food and I am not too keen on Voronin either
account deleted by request

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:17 am

See Saint is being sensable , straight answer simple lol no beating around the bush there
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:19 am

I like Chinese food, good on a Thursday but not every night of the week. Back on topic anyway, ah yes Voronin. He looks a bit fat in the pre season photos don't you think? Looks like he needs a go at dieting to me ???
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:54 am

I love chinese food , and i'd love to say i love Vorinin . What's the saying absence makes the heart grow fonder . I'd like to think that he wasn't that bad first time around and it was just a couple of off games ,but the sad truth is that he is sh!te and a lazy sh!te at that . No booing him though if he puts a red shirt on . Sorry Voro lad ,but your cack .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:01 pm

He is our next best striker behind Torres but thats not really saying much is it ?

We should be looking to offload him for about 3 million and bringing in two strikers.

Ngog also isnt good enough.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:31 pm

I might be in the minority on this forum, but am I right in thinking Kuyt scored enough goals last season to be included in the viable options up front category (form an orderly queue  Kuyt dissenters ) ,that said I fully expect Rafa to detail another striker to our ranks a soon as is reasonably possible .
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:49 pm

Voronin @ Swiss Traing camp

Voronin = Pi$$poor, lazy a$$ player

and have we done the squad number fr this season if so why the fúck is he no10?
Last edited by Ian Rush's Right foot on Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:54 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:I might be in the minority on this forum, but am I right in thinking Kuyt scored enough goals last season to be included in the viable options up front category (form an orderly queue  Kuyt dissenters ) ,that said I fully expect Rafa to detail another striker to our ranks a soon as is reasonably possible .

I dont think so mate, he has seemed to thrive of having less pressure to get the goals from the wide position.
I think if you put him back in the centre again and gave him the pressure of needing to score goals he would really struggle again.

Leave him where he is playing well and feeling confident i would say definately.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:43 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:I might be in the minority on this forum, but am I right in thinking Kuyt scored enough goals last season to be included in the viable options up front category (form an orderly queue  Kuyt dissenters ) ,that said I fully expect Rafa to detail another striker to our ranks a soon as is reasonably possible .

Kuyt may well be the be best striker in the world  :)

I like this sarcasm smiley but in all seriousness if you still think, despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, that Kuyt is a striker then you are indeed in the minority.

For the record I quite like Chinese food, don't really dig Thai but love Italian, French and Indian and I'm quite partial to a good authentic tapas meal, oh yeah I quite like Mexican food too. Hell, there is a reason why I'm on a diet you know  :D
heimdall

Postby redbeergoggles » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:01 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:

I dont think so mate, he has seemed to thrive of having less pressure to get the goals from the wide position.
I think if you put him back in the centre again and gave him the pressure of needing to score goals he would really struggle again.

Leave him where he is playing well and feeling confident i would say definately.

Fair point fella ,but Kuyt strikes me as a player who isnt short on confidence ,and its surely demeaning for a striker to be deployed on the wing ,(ie Cisse )I am just simply saying Kuyt has the right to be included in the options for up front,but I agree with you in  part  about the unwanted pressure on the guy
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:25 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

Fair point fella ,but Kuyt strikes me as a player who isnt short on confidence ,and its surely demeaning for a striker to be deployed on the wing ,(ie Cisse )I am just simply saying Kuyt has the right to be included in the options for up front,but I agree with you in  part  about the unwanted pressure on the guy

Yeah he will definately be used as a striker in some games this season. And thats fine if it is just every now and again as the pressure wouldnt be the same as if he played there every week.
I dont get why he aims at the keeper with most of his shots either, whole goal to aim at and he seems to go right for the keeper  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:05 pm

I'm not sure he "aims" at the keeper mate, nobody could be that accurate. This is particularly the case when it's coming off your knee, your shin, your erse etc as it generally is with Dirk.

No, I don't think he's credible as a striker although he does do a decent job on the right side of midfield, buzzing around and doing his thing. In some respects I kind of feel sorry for him in advance because it is highly unlikely that he will have the same goalscoring season again in his Liverpool career that he's just had. When the goals dry back up and people begin to look at his other contributions, many of those who pour scorn on anyone who thinks he is isn't Pele reincarnated will be the first on his back.

I really like Dirk, always have and was one of the few on here who stuck up for him when he was in the middle of his previous spells of true awfulness. Was it Blackburn Away when he homed in on goal from the right touchline in the dying seconds, the goal gaping and the baying Away fans urging him to pass it into the net? Course he didn't, he got caught in about six minds and made a nonsense of it. I remember to this day the look of despair on his face as he sat on his erse and looked to the heavens, my heart went out to the poor fella. But he battled back, he ran around a lot and made himself into a decent right midfielder.

It would be cruel IMHo to put him back through the mangler one more time, just one more time to prove what we already know if we really look. Sometimes there is a defining moment which proves something beyond all doubt, perhaps that was Dirks. Heskeys was in the dying moments of a Home match with Man Utd, the goal yawning in front of him and glory awaiting him. He fell on his erse though as he had a tendency so to do and squirted it wide. His Liverpool career at that moment was as good as over, on such moments are players made and destroyed.

Leave Dirk where he is. Now Johnsons there with him, we'll have a good right hand side.
Last edited by bigmick on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion