Season review - Looking back

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed May 10, 2006 5:14 pm

Crouchamania wrote:I'm sick of people saying we were humiliated and outplayed by Chelsea. It was never a 4-1 game. They had about six chances and scored four goals, one of which was a penalty. We proved that in the cup

We weren't outplayed by Chelsea, we made four mistakes and Chelsea being the good side that they are capitalised on them mistakes and put four past us.

I agree we didn't get outplayed by for a team to come to Anfield and win 4-1 is humiliating, it really is.  :no
48-1119859832

Postby LFCFan4Life » Wed May 10, 2006 9:43 pm

Whilst we have made mass improvements this season in where we are heading in Domestic football, we haven't won the golden fleece, we finished 3rd, 3rd place is not something to be over the moon about in my book.

No? I'm sorry but I'm sure as hell not going to be in the same mood I was in after last season's finish. We finished 20 points better than last season. The gap between us and Manure is 1 point compared to 15 or more last season. The gap between us and Chelsea last season was close to 40 points and now it's 9 points.

And it would be a disaster in my view to have won one if not the ultimate prize in football in one season and than fail to add to your trophy cabinet in the following season.

We've added a trophy to our cabinet at the begining of this season. It's called the Super Cup. Regardless of how you may rate it's importance, it's still a cup and in order to win it you either have to win the CL or UEFA Cup. It's far more important than the Carling Cup imo.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby gato_busta » Thu May 11, 2006 5:22 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:Rafa is the man.

You just about summed up what I wanted to say with that Lando  :bowdown
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion