Torres "we will win the premier league"

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tonyeh » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:05 pm

LegBarnes wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:I know this ain't on topic but I just got Fifa 09 today and the game is freaky sweet !

Torres is so good on it !  :p

Where the fucck did you get that?

Of a friend he works at the new play.com warehouse.  :D

I just beat arsenal 7-2 in prem on it on hardest setting babel got 4 in a 4-3-3 custom formation !  :buttrock

Oh dear...........that doesn't sound too good.

Don't tell me they've dumbed the game down again. :no
tonyeh

Postby tubby » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:37 pm

Fifa sucks anyway. I stopped playing that as soon as Pro Evo came out.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben1988 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:55 pm

bavlondon wrote:Fifa sucks anyway. I stopped playing that as soon as Pro Evo came out.

:buttrock

Pro evo all the way..... :bowdown
Ben1988

Postby Fo Dne » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:17 pm

LegBarnes wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:I know this ain't on topic but I just got Fifa 09 today and the game is freaky sweet !

Torres is so good on it !  :p

Where the fucck did you get that?

Of a friend he works at the new play.com warehouse.  :D

I just beat arsenal 7-2 in prem on it on hardest setting babel got 4 in a 4-3-3 custom formation !  :buttrock

Explains why you rate him then... :laugh:
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:36 pm

We won't win the league this season. We are still weak on either flank and we still give the ball away too much.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:57 pm

JBG wrote:We won't win the league this season. We are still weak on either flank and we still give the ball away too much.

would you say Riera was weak??
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:07 pm

All things being relative, Lee. Reira seems to be ok, but I don't think he can help take us to the next level.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby LegBarnes » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:55 pm

Ben1988 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Fifa sucks anyway. I stopped playing that as soon as Pro Evo came out.

:buttrock

Pro evo all the way..... :bowdown

well I haven't see pro evo yet this year apart from odd video and that but fifa this year is very good I haven't like the last 3-4 but this one rocks.

It feel alot like football which last 4 imo didn't.

we have to wait and see how evo plays but last years evo was pretty poor imo.

As for 7-2 win well I just found a formation that works really well and got some good goals I only beat man city 2-0 so swings and roundabouts.

Riena
Arba   Skrtel  carra   Dossa

Kuyt    Gerrard     Riera

Keane   Torres    Babel

Works nice always find I have 2v1 on wings and have that extra pass when the forwards overlap.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:05 pm

andy_g wrote:well, sorry to party poop, but i just don't see us winning it this season. i feel we will hit a patch of inconsistency sooner or later as we always do. if we have injuries or benitez starts to style a little we haven't got good enough quality to come in. i think we'll have a very good season and as much as i'd love it to happen i don't think the trophy will be at anfield at the end of may.

according to the state of the forum at the moment i feel it necessary to add that this in no way means i should support everton, join bluekipper, am a glory hunting secret chelsea supporting w'anker etc etc etc

I dont think we can win it this season either mate to be brutally honest.

I beleive you have to have been in the mixer, players fans and staff alike, to have tasted what its like, the pressures and that, BEFORE you can win it.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:05 pm

I honestly believe we will be in with a shout this season.  on the playing side at least we have actualy got squad now who can conpete with the other three. You only have to look at the bench last night , Masherano, Babel Quality for quality,
We can only throw it away ourselves mentaly imo.

If were still in with a shout with 10 games to go ill be backin us.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:53 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
andy_g wrote:well, sorry to party poop, but i just don't see us winning it this season. i feel we will hit a patch of inconsistency sooner or later as we always do. if we have injuries or benitez starts to style a little we haven't got good enough quality to come in. i think we'll have a very good season and as much as i'd love it to happen i don't think the trophy will be at anfield at the end of may.

according to the state of the forum at the moment i feel it necessary to add that this in no way means i should support everton, join bluekipper, am a glory hunting secret chelsea supporting w'anker etc etc etc

I beleive you have to have been in the mixer, players fans and staff alike, to have tasted what its like, the pressures and that, BEFORE you can win it.

Thats sad you think like that but I can't blame you , just bcos of way things gone like last 18 odd years.

But come on chin up we are top and haven't really hit any top form yet so I think we can feel good about our chances.

Next 4 games for me will be a big thing in this season if we can get 10 points from 12 or even 12/12 we really will put doubts in other top 4 heads.

Then it be truely up to us who walks away witht he title.  :buttrock
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:15 am

If we are still up there in march then we`ve got a good chance but right now i dont think we have quite enough in our locker to bring it home and like leon i think you need to challenge and go close first. Has a team gone from 4th to 1st before? I dont think so anyway, its a huge ask, especially considering chelsea and the scum have stronger squads.
Proper challenge this season with a win in Rome and i`d be happy.... as long as we win it next season.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desmdlow » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:21 am

i think we will challenge but maybe slightly short of winning the title.. I think the key is the winning mentality and our head to head with other big4..
desmdlow

Postby NiftyNeil » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:54 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:

Well most of our fans have experienced more league wins than most, Rafa's tasted it, Sammy Lee's tasted it, Pellegrino's tasted it, Aurelio's tasted it, Agger's tasted it, Mascherano's tasted it and even Degen's tasted it. While I don't agree with what you've said, a lot of our personel know what it takes to win a league title, while the rest know what it's like to win other major honours.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:55 pm

Just reminding everyone of Torres' promise  :D
SupitsJonF

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion