The f.a. premier league - Why shouldn't we be hopeful?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rafas Amigo » Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:59 am

Afroman wrote:
DrTNT wrote:
The Ace1983 wrote:This club has never been about a quick fix. If something's worth doing, it's worth doing well, and it's worth taking some time and pride in your work. I love the optomism that some are showing and who knows what the new season will bring. We may go on to win it, we may finish 5th again, we have to wait and see. But we are going in the right direction. Some people have been moaning about us not buying in the big names. Well I have two words for them: Leeds United. They got into the CL, spent big, and funked themselves royally. Liverpool managers don't do this. Ok, Houllier went a bit in the opposite direction, but Benitez is getting it right. Before you get the glossy finish, sand down and do what ever repairs need doing. He's dropped the deadwood, taken on some saplings and some sturdy beams and, I'm sure, soon he will get the talking tree with purple and orange leaves that can dance the fandango. Flair will come, be patient.
But, to win the EPL, you need bags of Flair. We've got enough to close the gap and get onto the big boys table, but to become king, you need that little something extra, and although I can't see it now, I'm sure i'll see it soon. But I'm gonna give it a couple of years.

VIVA LOS RAFALUTION! VIVA LOS REYS DE EUROPA! E VIVA LOS PODEROSO ROJOS!!!

Well said Ace and I totally agree with what you have said. 
:bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown

I agree with the agreement :bowdown

Are people just trying to up their post numbers with posts like this? I mean, "I agree with the agreement" ????

If you agree fair enough but dont put it in as a post unless you have some kind of  a comment to make as well !!!!!
JAMIE '  ILL STAY TILL THE CLUB DOSENT WANT ME  ' CARRAGHER
Rafas Amigo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:11 am

Yes Sir !
66-1112520797

Postby Espionage » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:33 am

Rafas Amigo wrote:
Afroman wrote:
DrTNT wrote:
The Ace1983 wrote:This club has never been about a quick fix. If something's worth doing, it's worth doing well, and it's worth taking some time and pride in your work. I love the optomism that some are showing and who knows what the new season will bring. We may go on to win it, we may finish 5th again, we have to wait and see. But we are going in the right direction. Some people have been moaning about us not buying in the big names. Well I have two words for them: Leeds United. They got into the CL, spent big, and funked themselves royally. Liverpool managers don't do this. Ok, Houllier went a bit in the opposite direction, but Benitez is getting it right. Before you get the glossy finish, sand down and do what ever repairs need doing. He's dropped the deadwood, taken on some saplings and some sturdy beams and, I'm sure, soon he will get the talking tree with purple and orange leaves that can dance the fandango. Flair will come, be patient.
But, to win the EPL, you need bags of Flair. We've got enough to close the gap and get onto the big boys table, but to become king, you need that little something extra, and although I can't see it now, I'm sure i'll see it soon. But I'm gonna give it a couple of years.

Are people just trying to up their post numbers with posts like this? I mean, "I agree with the agreement" ????

If you agree fair enough but dont put it in as a post unless you have some kind of  a comment to make as well !!!!!

i agree
:rasp
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:36 am

Unfortunately, the reality is of course that we have far more chance of successfully defending the Champions League than we do of winning the title. We are still a long way off but I'm hopeful that this season we are in the right stratosphere. I think we will be. Fourth, about 18 points off the top come the end.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:48 am

if we can get a decent away record and put away teams that we should instead of being a better team and ending up losing 1-0. I stayed up late so many nights (as in australia games are played at about 2am) only to see us struggling against :censored:. Then ironically when we need to step up our game for CL, we did.
Rafa just has to figure out how to motivate the players
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:04 am

Espionage wrote:
Rafas Amigo wrote:
Afroman wrote:
DrTNT wrote:

Are people just trying to up their post numbers with posts like this? I mean, "I agree with the agreement" 

i agree
:rasp

It agrees with me that you all agree, and Rafa's Amigo, we'll agree to disagree.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:09 am

i agree!
:p
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:43 am

I'm sure you will agree that all this agreeing is getting very annoying. Now FFS get on with the thread.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:11 pm

i disagree  i think we will deff close the gap on CHELSEA but we wont win it this year even the redist of rose tinted glasses wearing of us cant honestly believe we will go on to win it this year , i predict some sort of improvement in either our league placing  and one or two cup wins CHELSEA will be the ones to catch again this year but i can see us over taking MAN U and maybe at a push ARSENAL  we seem to be the only ones adding to our squad , i see ARSENAL missed out on baptista ( unlucky ) and yes as already posted they still have to replace viera just as MAN U will soon have to look to replace keane. i dont see us having that problem as we have a young sqaud who can only improve ( once we find a decent centre half for sammi the snail ). im looking forward to the new season either way, after all who REALLY thought we would win the CL when :D
destro

Postby muttleyp » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:13 pm

At the moment I think we'll do better than what we did last season and maybe provide a slight challenge, but to be a serious threat in the league we do need to sign a very good quick CB, a good right winger to compete with Garcia, hold onto Baros and hope Harry Kewell can keep of the Physio's bench and create those performances that we all know he can.
Then i think we will be in a strong position to be serious title contenders and maybe win some cups.
muttleyp

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:20 pm

destro wrote:i disagree  i think we will deff close the gap on CHELSEA but we wont win it this year even the redist of rose tinted glasses wearing of us cant honestly believe we will go on to win it this year , i predict some sort of improvement in either our league placing  and one or two cup wins CHELSEA will be the ones to catch again this year but i can see us over taking MAN U and maybe at a push ARSENAL  we seem to be the only ones adding to our squad , i see ARSENAL missed out on baptista ( unlucky ) and yes as already posted they still have to replace viera just as MAN U will soon have to look to replace keane. i dont see us having that problem as we have a young sqaud who can only improve ( once we find a decent centre half for sammi the snail ). im looking forward to the new season either way, after all who REALLY thought we would win the CL when :D

actually mate, I think you just agreed with me, as I'm on board with what you're saying. We won't win it, but we will be up there with the big boys.
Last edited by The Ace1983 on Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:28 pm

the disagree line was for all those who said why is everyone agreeing , i think they call it irony/sarcasm  ???
destro

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:35 pm

destro wrote:the disagree line was for all those who said why is everyone agreeing , i think they call it irony/sarcasm  ???

Well, the reason I didn't get that, i think they call it punctuation!  For crying out loud, why has everyone on this site got so touchy recently? I just said that I funking agreed with you. ???
Last edited by The Ace1983 on Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:38 pm

me touchy ? i didnt disagree with you agreeing with me ! ppl in glass houses and all that ( was the punctuation remark irony or sarcasm ???
destro

Postby Red_Rob » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:40 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:
The Ace1983 wrote:But, to win the EPL, you need bags of Flair.

I dont think Blackburn Rovers had 'bags' of 'flair' though did they!
There is more 'flair' in our team now than was in the title winning Blackburn squad!

You do need more flair, pace, creativity, strength etc.  to challenge for the title nowadays compared to a decade ago.

The EPL has changed a lot in the last ten years since Blackburn won it. In '95 English clubs were in the back end of a slump in relation to other European sides/leagues and tbh the football was not of a great quality.

Blackburn did spend a fair amount of money for the time  but arguably Shearer was their only real 'world class' player and you would never win the league now with just one of these types of performers. The Blackburn title winning team was virtually all British players and I can't see that happening again either. The quality of all teams is far greater now since money and foreigners has come into our league.

As people have mentioned that fact that Chelsea lost just once last season and Arsenal were unbeaten the season before highlights how difficult it is to win it now.
Red_Rob

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion